Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2007 Honda Fit Radio Code Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 11:27 AM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,766 Likes on 1,130 Posts
Default 2007 Honda Fit Radio Code Problem

Well, since this is the Winter Beater section:

This concerns a 2007 Honda fit with standard radio. A neighbor asked for a boost the other day, and since no good deed goes unpunished, I agreed and in the process when he disconnected the negative booster clamp from my battery, he must have loosened the battery clamp. When I want to start it the next day, the car was 'dead'. When I popped the hood to check things out, the clamp was way loose, and when I snugged it back up again, the car started no problem. However, as you probably know, the radio now thinks it was being stolen, so it's asking for the 5-digit security code. I have the code, I've used it before no problem, and I dumped the serial number from the radio just to make sure by asking the dealer what the security code should be, and it agrees with what I have. The problem is that the radio won't accept the code. I've tried it multiple times.

Also, it's butt-freezing cold, so I don't know if this can effect the electronics.

Any idea as to what the problem may be?
Old 01-05-2018, 08:38 PM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,766 Likes on 1,130 Posts

Originally Posted by FatsWaller
Well, since this is the Winter Beater section:

This concerns a 2007 Honda fit with standard radio. A neighbor asked for a boost the other day, and since no good deed goes unpunished, I agreed and in the process when he disconnected the negative booster clamp from my battery, he must have loosened the battery clamp. When I want to start it the next day, the car was 'dead'. When I popped the hood to check things out, the clamp was way loose, and when I snugged it back up again, the car started no problem. However, as you probably know, the radio now thinks it was being stolen, so it's asking for the 5-digit security code. I have the code, I've used it before no problem, and I dumped the serial number from the radio just to make sure by asking the dealer what the security code should be, and it agrees with what I have. The problem is that the radio won't accept the code. I've tried it multiple times.

Also, it's butt-freezing cold, so I don't know if this can effect the electronics.

Any idea as to what the problem may be?
Answered it myself. You can't just input the code at the first prompt. You need to input any digits (not too fast) until the unit beeps, and then enter the code regardless of any error message that might be present. Wasn't obvious to me to do it this way, but now I know!

Quick Reply: 2007 Honda Fit Radio Code Problem