Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Tahoe 4 wheel Button Backlight

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 01:50 PM
weinerschizel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tahoe 4 wheel Button Backlight

First off, any suggestions for a decent Tahoe and or GM/Chevy truck forum? I'm trying to find one to field these questions but everybody here just rocks, and I cannot find a good home for these questions elsewhere.

The 4 Wheel drive selector module in my 2001 Z71 Tahoe dash doesn't illuminate some of the buttons. See images below. Curious if anybody knows how to replace these, what type of bulbs (or LED) lights I can order. Possibly even from DigiKey. I took apart the radio and rebuilt it the input board so the buttons would illuminate again. Some guy was selling kits on eBay. They were just LED's I'm sure from digikey. It was a little involved but nothing too hard. I'm thinking there's a similar procedure for this module as well but cannot find one. Plus I'd prefer to simply buy the LED's myself if anybody knows what part fits.

Thanks much for the help. I've been googling but perhaps using wrong terms, nothing comes up

These are the buttons in the upper right as they should look. There's 4 of them there Auto 4WD 2 Hi (these two don't illuminate)

This is what the buttons look like at night. Top buttons are not light up anymore.

Last edited by weinerschizel; 12-29-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:56 PM
lionsfan5454
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Based on that first pic

It looks like you're almost there. Can you pull that "box" that has your burned out switches? Then pull the plug leading up there and unscrew the bulb holder.
Given that it's a 2001, I'd assume not LED lit. But it'll have some sort of ID on it (most likely) and you can do a Google search to find the bulb you need.

Rockauto.com has stuff like this
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/c...ght+bulb,11730

I'd replace both of them as long as you have it torn apart.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:09 AM
weinerschizel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never thought of that... may use the same.bulb as the dash speedo etc. I just assumed it would be like the radio pcb. Will pull it appart when iget back home thx

Get notified of new replies

To Tahoe 4 wheel Button Backlight

Quick Reply: Tahoe 4 wheel Button Backlight