Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Want a Jeep Wrangler...but (views & opinions appreciated)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 04:04 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

My brother gets a new one every few years as his dd and loves them. He gets a 4 door hardtop....never had any issues.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:55 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus Blockus
fun vehicles that hold their value incredibly well.
Understatement for sure. Of all the vehicles I’ve owned (over 120 now!) my Jeep is the winner on resale. The market is ridiculous. I finally gave up on finding one for a decent price used and just bought a new one. Had it for a few summer months and sold it....for more than I paid for it brand new. Absolutely ridiculous market in what people are willing to pay for one. Half of the used ones were sold between the time I told the seller I was on the way and the time I got there. Lots of fun though. I enjoyed mine.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:15 PM
JockItch
Safety Car

Received 5,300 Likes on 1,973 Posts

Originally Posted by cerino2000
Understatement for sure. Of all the vehicles I’ve owned (over 120 now!) my Jeep is the winner on resale. The market is ridiculous. I finally gave up on finding one for a decent price used and just bought a new one. Had it for a few summer months and sold it....for more than I paid for it brand new. Absolutely ridiculous market in what people are willing to pay for one. Half of the used ones were sold between the time I told the seller I was on the way and the time I got there. Lots of fun though. I enjoyed mine.
I was in the market years ago, looking for a 2-3 year old vehicle to save some money with the new car depreciation hit. That's when I found out the used market for these makes no sense. Ended up buying a Sahara unlimited brand new, at a very nice discount too. The difference in purchase price between my loaded new vehicle and the asking prices of vehicles a few years older with 10-15k miles and way less options was within $3-4k. Makes no sense, who the hell is buying these things used at these prices?
Old 07-30-2018, 01:21 PM
69L46
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by JockItch
I was in the market years ago, looking for a 2-3 year old vehicle to save some money with the new car depreciation hit. That's when I found out the used market for these makes no sense. Ended up buying a Sahara unlimited brand new, at a very nice discount too. The difference in purchase price between my loaded new vehicle and the asking prices of vehicles a few years older with 10-15k miles and way less options was within $3-4k. Makes no sense, who the hell is buying these things used at these prices?
I noticed that as well when we went to buy a Wrangler Sport a few years back. Just didn't make sense to buy used for the sake of a couple grand.

This is the second one I've had, and the difference in 10 years time night and day. Good vehicle overall.

Quick Reply: Want a Jeep Wrangler...but (views & opinions appreciated)