Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

What car should I buy next?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 10:59 AM
Killermullet
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm selling my 2011 CTS-V but it's a stick:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...miles-38k.html

I bought the V for exactly the reason someone pointed out above. Sort of a nicer, more luxurious Vette. If you test drive one, keep in mind that they are very docile stock. A pulley and tune completely changes the car. Of course you can go big from there and easily make 700HP for a few grand more. I haven't had any issues with mine and from what I see on forums, they're pretty reliable.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:25 PM
MusicalCars
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Provided no dealer trickery w/the paperwork, I'm buying a Charger Hellcat.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:15 AM
Donuts
Race Director

Received 113 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by MusicalCars
Provided no dealer trickery w/the paperwork, I'm buying a Charger Hellcat.
You will happy that you did. I just picked up a '16 Challenger hellcat and I couldn't be happier. I've had a '18 Z06, 800hp ZL1, 700hp ctsv coupe, ctsv sedan and two Jeep srt's, oh almost forgot a '14 bmw M3. The Jeeps run a close 2nd to the hellcat, it just has character and lots of it. Hope the deal worked out for you
Old 06-08-2018, 08:44 PM
MusicalCars
Instructor

Originally Posted by Donuts
You will happy that you did. I just picked up a '16 Challenger hellcat and I couldn't be happier. I've had a '18 Z06, 800hp ZL1, 700hp ctsv coupe, ctsv sedan and two Jeep srt's, oh almost forgot a '14 bmw M3. The Jeeps run a close 2nd to the hellcat, it just has character and lots of it. Hope the deal worked out for you
No, bait & switch. They agreed to $X all in w/tax. The next day it was plus tax. Not the 1st time a dealer has lied to someone & won't be the last. On top of that, he tried to charge me tax on the whole purchsse price of the car. You *******, I only pay tax on the lease amount. I don't need to buy anything so I can wait. You prefer the HC over all those cars? Care to elaborate on why? I was also considering the M4 & a C7.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Donuts
Race Director

Originally Posted by MusicalCars
No, bait & switch. They agreed to $X all in w/tax. The next day it was plus tax. Not the 1st time a dealer has lied to someone & won't be the last. On top of that, he tried to charge me tax on the whole purchsse price of the car. You *******, I only pay tax on the lease amount. I don't need to buy anything so I can wait. You prefer the HC over all those cars? Care to elaborate on why? I was also considering the M4 & a C7.
Figures, you might reach out to forum dealers and see if they have a dodge dealer in their group.

I don't know exactly, but it seems the mopars have more character. The C7 z06 was a badass car but it seemed sterile and lifeless. The LSA based cars were incredible especially the cadillacs but I really miss the SRT Jeeps and the Challenger is helping me get over them. The Challenger is a big car and has a nice big retro interior with awesome seats for a big guy. And for $54k for a 600 mile garage queen what's not to like? 707 hp out of the box w warranty and no exhaust fumes from deleting cats to get that power , the list goes on and on. I'm 6'2" and 265lbs and I can stand backwards in the rear floorboard to buckle my 2 year old son in his car seat and extricate myself without getting a cramp somewhere.

Keep looking, jump on the hellcat forum and nose around to find best dealers and hunt one down.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:23 PM
Donuts
Race Director

I'm pretty sure in my state that you pay taxes on the sum of the lease payments and buyer can roll that in to the payment or pay lump when they get the tag.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:23 PM
MusicalCars
Instructor

Originally Posted by Donuts
Figures, you might reach out to forum dealers and see if they have a dodge dealer in their group.

I don't know exactly, but it seems the mopars have more character. The C7 z06 was a badass car but it seemed sterile and lifeless. The LSA based cars were incredible especially the cadillacs but I really miss the SRT Jeeps and the Challenger is helping me get over them. The Challenger is a big car and has a nice big retro interior with awesome seats for a big guy. And for $54k for a 600 mile garage queen what's not to like? 707 hp out of the box w warranty and no exhaust fumes from deleting cats to get that power , the list goes on and on. I'm 6'2" and 265lbs and I can stand backwards in the rear floorboard to buckle my 2 year old son in his car seat and extricate myself without getting a cramp somewhere.

Keep looking, jump on the hellcat forum and nose around to find best dealers and hunt one down.
Already been doing that. Reached out to a million dealers & it seems none want to play ball with the $6XX per mo lease prices they were doing in March. Best offers I got were low $700s. Not bad deals of course, but not what I want to pay.

Quick Reply: What car should I buy next?