Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

For Sale or Trade 2011 CTS-V 6sp Coupe, 27K miles, $38K

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 10:49 AM
Killermullet
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default For Sale or Trade 2011 CTS-V 6sp Coupe, 27K miles, $38K

***Took deposit so maybe sold***

Long description below as posted on big auction site. Cliff notes: Looking to free up some cash. I value my CTS-V at $38K and I'm interested in a C6 around the low/mid $20K's or less. C6 must be manual trans and have removable roof or convertible.

Long version: Thanks for looking at my CTS-V. If you are looking at these cars, I assume you already know the basic specs. My car is a 2011 with just under 27,000 miles, rare 6sp manual trans, Recaro heated & cooled seats, and sunroof. The title is clean and clear in my hands. Clean Carfax and Autocheck, no stories or conditions. My price is $38,000. There aren’t many 6sp Coupes for sale and even fewer with this mileage and in this condition with the Recaros. I looked around and it looks like most are over $40K asking. These cars are becoming collectible and will probably go up in value over the next decade.
I’m the second owner – I bought from the original selling dealer after looking for over a year for the right car and I’ve owned it for two years and change. The original owner was a doctor who traded Corvettes every year or two and obviously didn’t drive it much. I bought it with a little over 23K miles.
After purchase, I had the supercharger replaced by the local dealer under the GM isolator warranty. If you aren’t familiar with this, the original design has a spring in the supercharger drive behind the pulley that is supposed to isolate noise. The design caused issues and noise so GM replaces this design with an updated solid design and you get a brand new supercharger. This was done on 4/6/16 @ 23,410 miles by St. Claire Cadillac.
The only powertrain modification is a “Stage 1” pulley, intake, and tune done by Synergy Motorsports in Northern CA. This is similar to the Lingenfelter 630HP package but with an upgraded AirRaid intake. Synergy did the installation and Rick tuned the car which put down 550 RWHP/566 LBFT on 91 octane. The install and tune was done on 4/21/16. The added power is obviously nice but more so it wakes up the car and lets some supercharger sound come through. The difference over stock is night and day. I think this is the sweet spot for these cars. You can easily make a lot more power but I’ve driven 700HP+ cars and they are a bit ridiculous on public roads. I blacked out all of the chrome on the car with Plasti-dip which is removable if you prefer the chrome look.
All maintenance is up to date. I use Mobil 1 oil and ACDelco UPF48R oil filters (from the ZR1 Vette). I replaced the battery with a new gel mat type battery early this year and replaced the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) sensors last year (batteries get old and I got a light every once in a while). Other than that, I’ve had zero issues, just normal maintenance.
I’m selling because we’ve relocated from CA to VA and my priorities have changed. We’ve just purchased a lake house and my already low mileage use will be even less now. This car is a toy for me (I have 4 others) and I just can’t see keeping a $40K toy sitting around.
I will consider partial trades with cash. I’m looking for something around $20K. Cars I’d consider are C6 Vettes (either removable roof or convertible) or 2009+ Boxsters. Manual trans only. I’m looking for a boat of about that value, ski or family ski boat about 20’. Also looking for jet skis. Let me know what you have if you want to trade something.
Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Killermullet; 06-15-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Quick Reply: For Sale or Trade 2011 CTS-V 6sp Coupe, 27K miles, $38K