Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Ever since trading in the C7.....

Old 07-26-2018, 01:31 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

Good catch Parcival
Old 07-27-2018, 06:27 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,918 Likes on 4,804 Posts

Originally Posted by brooklync5

thanks man... I’m always around. How’s the Z treating you?
The Z is treating me good awesome machine.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:14 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Me too, the M3 is such a well rounded car overall, where the Hellcat is basically just a powerful motor in a heavy outdated platform.
Platform? 4d sedan...?
Old 08-01-2018, 02:12 PM
evanft
Racer

Received 192 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by shiv.nandak
I am glad the OP likes the F30 M3. But i would like to post a different experience. I actually went from a F82 M4 to a C7 z06. The main reason was that i felt BMW has gone too soft. On paper the F80/F82 has amazing specs. Handling and power band are great. The problem is that the exhaust sounds terrible, steering feel is lacking and it is not really a drivers car any more. It feels toned down for the masses - to broaden their target demographic. This is the reason i went with the C7 Z06. I hope OP bought the competition package. BMW has tried to address the issues mentioned above and i have heard the car is slightly better now - particularly the exhaust noise. I wish the C7 had a 1 single rear seat - it would be the most perfect DD ever
I came to the same conclusion when I was shopping for a replacement of my C6. I ended up going with a 16 Camaro SS instead of the M4 because I thought it steered better, rode better, and sounded better.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:41 PM
RAGS747
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tally Ho

Glad you found a car to suit your needs. I've driven a variety of BMW's (M3 vert, M5 sedan, M6 vert, 650, 645, 540, i8, X5) all good cars but just not me. I purchased a 2017 Charger Hellcat last Dec and absolutely enjoy every minute behind the wheel. I, too, needed a bigger car but unlike you I kept my C7 Z06 and my C6 vert.

While I don't road course track it, I have driven on some challenging streets and have no complaints about it's handling. Yes she is a bit heavy but doesn't feel heavy driving it. The pull from a dead stop is awesome. This is a car I will keep and drive for a while.
Love this pic. I myself have just lately picked up the Charger Hellcat bug. House in NY is on the mkt and the plan is to buy something in Sarasota. With Fl being so wide open I am starting to think about fun cars that would be good in that environment. Will keep my Alfa 4C and Maserati, currently have an Abarth 500 for my daily that is a pisser but she is designed more for the roads here than wide open Fl. Im thinking the Hellcat would be a hoot for trips down to Miami and the Keys etc. How do you find her on long distance trips? Is she a comfortable cruising car and how is your long distance gas mileage?
Old 08-06-2018, 01:28 PM
Closer_2001
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by RAGS747
wide open Fl. Im thinking the Hellcat would be a hoot for trips down to Miami and the Keys etc. How do you find her on long distance trips? Is she a comfortable cruising car and how is your long distance gas mileage?
I grew up S of Sarasota...your comments reminded me of taking an 89 Thunderbird SC across the state in 1990. Still very rural on 27 in those days. We pointed that beast (pretty stout car back in the day) East and never went below 90 for a few hours. There is still the opportunity to drive like that out in the middle of now where. The Hellcat would be a rip...especially passing 4-5 old folks out on the 2-lanes.

For the OP...I did the M driving event this past Friday. Drove the M2 on the Auto-X course, got within .3 of the COTA (Austin, TX) event record. Also got out on the track doing lead and follow in C-Package M3 and M4. Really cool cars...

However, don't count out the HC. I've also driven the Charger and Challenger out at Bondurant as well as own a Charger. That car has it's roots in E-Class heritage with many updates to the chassis in all aluminum. Anyone who says the car can't turn needs to do a few hot laps with an instructor...

Last edited by Closer_2001; 08-06-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:45 AM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,424 Likes on 773 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by RAGS747
Love this pic. I myself have just lately picked up the Charger Hellcat bug. House in NY is on the mkt and the plan is to buy something in Sarasota. With Fl being so wide open I am starting to think about fun cars that would be good in that environment. Will keep my Alfa 4C and Maserati, currently have an Abarth 500 for my daily that is a pisser but she is designed more for the roads here than wide open Fl. Im thinking the Hellcat would be a hoot for trips down to Miami and the Keys etc. How do you find her on long distance trips? Is she a comfortable cruising car and how is your long distance gas mileage?
One of the best cars I've owned for long distance trips. I've taken mine down to south FL and up to the Carolinas. I've owned it since mid-Dec 2017 and have almost 9K miles on it. My MPG's on the highway have been around 23MPG. I do take liberties with the posted speed limit when there is light to no traffic on the interstate and turnpike. FHP is pretty forgiving on the open non-populated areas so adding 10-15MPH is doable.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:44 PM
2012widebody
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JGarland
I'd take an M3 over a Hellcat any day.

Correction, I'd NEVER buy a Hellcat under any circumstances.

Don’t anger the big bad cat!!
Old 08-23-2018, 11:32 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by 2012widebody

Don’t anger the big bad cat!!
sorry hellcat will never be on the list!
not unless I need to race for pink slips with Dominic Toretto circa 2001.

Last edited by Parcival; 08-23-2018 at 11:34 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ever since trading in the C7.....