Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

gtr vs. corvette.....build prices?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 01:34 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

Default gtr vs. corvette.....build prices?

looking to move into another car.....anyone built both?
Old 09-23-2018, 02:55 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

also interested in opinions from people have driven both....
Old 09-23-2018, 04:35 PM
alamike
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
also interested in opinions from people have driven both....
Very different car than a corvette. AWD six cylinder turbo vs V8. If you want a new car, GT-R are pricey about a $115 k to 180 k. I would drive one to see if it scratches your itch.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:12 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by alamike
Very different car than a corvette. AWD six cylinder turbo vs V8. If you want a new car, GT-R are pricey about a $115 k to 180 k. I would drive one to see if it scratches your itch.
I know they are vastly differant,looking to find one for sale locally to test drive. definately have to buy used $60ish....just like the no spinning part of it....and they are much less common than a corvette. went to a half mile event yesterday and there were 5 corvettes to every other car there.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:24 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by alamike
I know they are vastly differant,looking to find one for sale locally to test drive. definately have to buy used $60ish....just like the no spinning part of it....and they are much less common than a corvette. went to a half mile event yesterday and there were 5 corvettes to every other car there.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:26 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by White Out
Super fun car. Has a race car feel at low speeds, ie. engineered for speed not comfort. Can either take it as a perk or a fault.
yeah,looking for something a little raw! exspensive to mod comparably?
Old 09-23-2018, 10:15 PM
alamike
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Search on Autotrader.com and arrange a test drive with a seller or dealer.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:38 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

I recently went from a 17 ZO7 to a 15 GTR. I simply wanted a platform change after owning several Z's. I haven't built mine yet. All I can say is I agree with they are very different cars. If I were mainly just tracking, I would have stuck with the ZO7 (M7).

The GTR has a lot of haters (esp in this forum).....reason- they're effin fast right out of the box. AWD/DCT, 2 turbos doing the pushing---simply a deadly combination that little can rival in the streets. Put her in launch, and let her rip. The GTR isn't very driver dependent and does feel a bit top heavy compared to my vette/viper/porsche....weight can be felt while braking and in the turns (again compared to what Im used to), but that's where the cons end. Im thoroughly enjoying the car and cant believe how much attn./compliments the car gets.

Next year, will do complete bolt ons (about $10K) and then the following will prob do turbos. Good luck in your search and don't go older than 2011 (better trans).
Old 09-24-2018, 09:51 AM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I recently went from a 17 ZO7 to a 15 GTR. I simply wanted a platform change after owning several Z's. I haven't built mine yet. All I can say is I agree with they are very different cars. If I were mainly just tracking, I would have stuck with the ZO7 (M7).

The GTR has a lot of haters (esp in this forum).....reason- they're effin fast right out of the box. AWD/DCT, 2 turbos doing the pushing---simply a deadly combination that little can rival in the streets. Put her in launch, and let her rip. The GTR isn't very driver dependent and does feel a bit top heavy compared to my vette/viper/porsche....weight can be felt while braking and in the turns (again compared to what Im used to), but that's where the cons end. Im thoroughly enjoying the car and cant believe how much attn./compliments the car gets.

Next year, will do complete bolt ons (about $10K) and then the following will prob do turbos. Good luck in your search and don't go older than 2011 (better trans).
cool thanks for the info! I don't get the "Hater" thing.....Im a car guy....and if theres one that can get it done better....props to them!!! corvettes are great....but very very common now....so looking for some differant/unique options. They definately are not my favorite looking car (stock)....but you can make them look amazing
Old 09-27-2018, 02:08 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

cool thanks for the info! I don't get the "Hater" thing.....Im a car guy....and if theres one that can get it done better....props to them!!! corvettes are great....but very very common now....so looking for some differant/unique options. They definately are not my favorite looking car (stock)....but you can make them look amazing
car guy 1st here as well.....not my fav looking car either, however, I've since put Advan GT wheels on, tints and a cf rear spoiler. Huge change in appearance right there. Im going to lower it some and add a little more cf.,
Old 09-27-2018, 03:34 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

post a couple pics? not the best looking... But you can't deny the performance
Old 09-27-2018, 03:52 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Boba (Steve) is a great source of info about cars, without having to filter through any of the fan boi mentality you see with so many others here. He's a straight shooter and he knows what he's talking about- much respect here!
Old 09-28-2018, 02:32 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Les
Boba (Steve) is a great source of info about cars, without having to filter through any of the fan boi mentality you see with so many others here. He's a straight shooter and he knows what he's talking about- much respect here!
Hey bud, long time no speak. Thanks for the kind words Les, hope alls well my friend, we'll talk soon.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:47 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Hey bud, long time no speak. Thanks for the kind words Les, hope alls well my friend, we'll talk soon.
Other than summer going by way to fast, things are pretty good bud. I hope things are good with you.

Get notified of new replies

To gtr vs. corvette.....build prices?