Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Contemplating a CT6V, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 02:44 PM
bluez51c7
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Contemplating a CT6V, thoughts?

I have a 2015 Z51 M7 as my daily driver but I live in area that gets snow so I need a DD that preferably has AWD for the winter. I do not want to sacrifice driving fun during the winter months. Cadillac has announced that next year they will make a CT6V that will have a 550 HP DOHC, twin turbo and I am on the list at my local dealer to be able to order on as soon as they are available. Pictures of it are all over the internet and it looks very cool. Given that this engine will be built at Bowling Green and while they say it will not be shared with any other GM cars or trucks, it is a luxury Corvette (kind of). I have had CTSVs but they are just RWD and a handful in the snow. I'd appreciate my fellow Corvette thoughts.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:57 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,722 Likes on 1,826 Posts

I know this isn't what you're asking..... but if you live in a place that doesn't get deep snow built up on the roads, the C7 is a very capable winter driver with the right tires. 50/50 weight distribution.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:38 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 875 Likes on 587 Posts

Default I get it.....

a solid compromise, and a way to have the proverbial cake...….a side note, my daughter, son-in-law and grandson moved
to Fisher from here in the PNW just south of Seattle......
Old 09-25-2018, 07:46 AM
clearwaterms
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Isn't the CT6 Cadiallac's big sedan? The GMC Denali has a 6.2L v8 that is very similar in layout to the LT1, at no point do I look at my uncle's truck and start boot shakin' Totally different cars for different purposes, the CT6V is likely intended to compete against the large sedans like the Audi S8, Mercedes s-class AMG, etc. It is, IMHO, a car that is without a purpose in America. We don't have the autobahn where 100+ highway barge's make sense.

[/rant off]

If winter AWD is what you want, why not look at the Germans? The M240i x-drive from BMW, the Audi RS3 / TT-RS, and the MB CLA 45. If you want a size larger, the MB E63 is AWD.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:52 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,428 Likes on 2,794 Posts

Wouldn't drive it of they have me it for free. It sounds like a reliability nightmare, and makes less power than the ctsv. It was originally going to be a v sport, but they upgraded it, meaning that engine is near its max output so no true v model was possible. And the same engine with less boost will be in the base car making 500hp.

if you need an expensive luxury and sedan, buy a used panamera 4s or turbo. At least those are reliable and someone else took the IMMENSE depreciation hit. Unless money ain't even a thing for you, in which case go buy a 911 turbo.

Get notified of new replies

To Contemplating a CT6V, thoughts?

Quick Reply: Contemplating a CT6V, thoughts?