Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

New Truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 11:54 PM
Olsarge
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
Default New Truck

Two and a half weeks ago a guy with his head up his butt blows through a stop sign and my wife t-bones him in my Silverado Quadrasteer truck I bought new in '02 and planned to take to my grave. The wife has a bum shoulder, neck and chest. The truck is totaled and the airbag did not deploy.

So I went shopping for a new truck. I'm a Chevy guy but a very good friend is the largest Buick/GMC dealer in South Florida. My brother is retired GM so I get GM employee pricing. Monday I picked up my new 2018 GMC Sierra SLT crew cab with all the bells and whistles (Premium Plus Package). Some of the bells have their own whistles. It's a great truck but it's not a Quadrasteer.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:51 PM
Mistrezz 06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 179 Likes on 140 Posts

Congrats on the new truck, glad the wife is doing well.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:14 PM
MRANT212
Drifting

Received 140 Likes on 87 Posts

Most important is your wife is ok. New GMC looks awesome. Best of luck with it. After a while you’re not going to miss quadra steer.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:40 AM
Closer_2001
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Olsarge
Two and a half weeks ago a guy with his head up his butt blows through a stop sign and my wife t-bones him in my Silverado Quadrasteer truck I bought new in '02 and planned to take to my grave. The wife has a bum shoulder, neck and chest. The truck is totaled and the airbag did not deploy.

So I went shopping for a new truck. I'm a Chevy guy but a very good friend is the largest Buick/GMC dealer in South Florida. My brother is retired GM so I get GM employee pricing. Monday I picked up my new 2018 GMC Sierra SLT crew cab with all the bells and whistles (Premium Plus Package). Some of the bells have their own whistles. It's a great truck but it's not a Quadrasteer.
Bet you got a great deal with all the incentives. Speedy recovery to wife. If not gone, gone, Buy Back the 4-steer? Looks like front end damage...buy really nice donor truck and convert using your parts?
Old 11-12-2018, 11:05 PM
Olsarge
Racer

I'm not sure you can do that. If you could it would be very difficult. There's more than just swapping out the rearend. There are speed sensors, steering wheel position sensors and specific computer. Trust me I've thought about it. My Quardrasteer had a turning radius similar to a Toyota Corolla in a full size 4-wheel drive truck. It backs a trailer like nothing you've ever seen. Im going to miss it.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:00 AM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Glad you and your wife ok....she is very lucky. Sorry about your old truck being a loss but your new truck is sharp!!
Old 11-15-2018, 06:30 PM
Olsarge
Racer

Thanks to all who asked about the wife. She's ok but still sore. I like the new truck a lot. It has technology that wasn't even dreamed of in 2002. But it still doesn't drive like my Quadrasteer. I'm seriously considering buying the Quad back from the insurance for $1,200 and putting it back together. Even with a rebuilt title it would make a great show truck one day. It will be 20 years old in just three years.

Get notified of new replies

To New Truck

Quick Reply: New Truck