Very impressed! - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Very impressed!

Old 01-12-2019, 12:31 PM
  #1  
Slick6
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default Very impressed!

On my way home from work yesterday, a purple Hellcat Challenger came up behind me and was following me as I was poking along at 50 mph with the cruise set. The plant I work at is out in the country, so the roads I travel are single lane each way. Anyway, this guy passed me when he got the broken yellow line, and what an impressive machine! I had my window about halfway down, and I could hear that whine spool up and then I heard the exhaust as he went by. Simply awesome! Nearly blew out my eardrum it was so loud. Regardless of what you think about those cars, I was really impressed with the little exposure that I had to one on the road. SRT did good with that Challenger!
Slick6 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 01:01 PM
  #2  
Ih2lose
CF Senior Member
 
Ih2lose's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: Just About 40 Min's from NYC
Posts: 1,628
Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
Default

I Was just in a Dodge Dealer ordering some trucks and one of them was on the show room floor with a wide body kit on it. I thought it looked spectacular, It was also very easy to get in and out of the car for me. Too bad they did not make it in a convertible Its no corvette but I agree its a cool car,

Last edited by Ih2lose; 01-12-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Ih2lose is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 01:13 PM
  #3  
16/C7Z
CF Senior Member
 
16/C7Z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,072
Thanked 1,135 Times in 880 Posts
Default

Nice cars. Like a missile made into a huge couch lol.

you're a better man than me. No way am I letting that heap pass me throwing stones and crap all over my vette. No way...
16/C7Z is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 01:14 PM
  #4  
Bfine Blue
CF Member
 
Bfine Blue's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2018
Posts: 52
Thanked 17 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Having owned an A8 HC, it was a blast for the straight line fun. The rest of the 95% of driving was so so. The amenities were nice. Comfortable. Never took to the look of the widebody kit. I found it hideous and cheap looking. I find that my Z51 M7 convertible and GT350R are more rewarding personally to drive at any speed.

Last edited by Bfine Blue; 01-12-2019 at 01:17 PM.
Bfine Blue is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 01:19 PM
  #5  
Vet Interested
CF Senior Member
 
Vet Interested's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: (R. Bernardo) San Diego, California
Posts: 3,781
Thanked 479 Times in 366 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z View Post
Nice cars. Like a missile made into a huge couch lol.

you're a better man than me. No way am I letting that heap pass me throwing stones and crap all over my vette. No way...
Good luck out running him on a STRAIGHT!
Vet Interested is online now  
Old 01-12-2019, 01:23 PM
  #6  
SuperdadZ06
CF Senior Member
 
SuperdadZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 519
Thanked 142 Times in 92 Posts
Default

It is a one trick pony although that one trick is pretty darn cool. It looks pretty good as well, a true muscle car of the modern era
SuperdadZ06 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 01:30 PM
  #7  
sTz
CF Senior Member
 
sTz's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,397
Thanked 1,193 Times in 945 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Slick6 View Post
On my way home from work yesterday, a purple Hellcat Challenger came up behind me and was following me as I was poking along at 50 mph with the cruise set. The plant I work at is out in the country, so the roads I travel are single lane each way. Anyway, this guy passed me when he got the broken yellow line, and what an impressive machine! I had my window about halfway down, and I could hear that whine spool up and then I heard the exhaust as he went by. Simply awesome! Nearly blew out my eardrum it was so loud. Regardless of what you think about those cars, I was really impressed with the little exposure that I had to one on the road. SRT did good with that Challenger!
Yes, they sound pretty good.


Last edited by sTz; 01-12-2019 at 01:33 PM.
sTz is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 03:23 PM
  #8  
orca1946
CF Senior Member
 
orca1946's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Schaumburg IL
Posts: 4,025
Thanked 119 Times in 106 Posts
Default

One of my friends sold his vette and purchased this one so he could put a baby seat in the back!
That kid will grow up to be a speed freak!
orca1946 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 03:28 PM
  #9  
LuisZ51
CF Member
 
LuisZ51's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Location: Lake Placid, FL
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

As much as I hate to admit it, they are absolute torque monsters. We had one give us a run for the money driving my buddy's ZO6 on the interstate.
LuisZ51 is online now  
Old 01-12-2019, 03:30 PM
  #10  
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor
 
CCA Corvette Parts's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Manassas Park VA
Posts: 35,040
Thanked 221 Times in 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17
Default

I got my GS (w/2400 miles on it) from a guy that traded it (and a Cobra Mustang) in on a Hellcat

Chip
__________________
..................Click for

CCA Corvette Parts is online now  
Old 01-12-2019, 03:55 PM
  #11  
defaria
CF Senior Member
 
defaria's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 3,511
Thanked 851 Times in 514 Posts
Default

What does this have to do with C7's?
defaria is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 04:02 PM
  #12  
xWS6guy
CF Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2018
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 77
Thanked 22 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I don't like the supercharger whine....the blowers on those things just scream. I like everything else about the car. I think they're awesome.
xWS6guy is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 05:14 PM
  #13  
V Vette
CF Senior Member
 
V Vette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2005
Location: Cape Coral, Fl
Posts: 4,420
Thanked 90 Times in 68 Posts
Default

What does that car cost?
V Vette is online now  
Old 01-12-2019, 06:41 PM
  #14  
BlackHellcat
CF Senior Member
 
BlackHellcat's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 229
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bfine Blue View Post
Having owned an A8 HC, it was a blast for the straight line fun. The rest of the 95% of driving was so so. The amenities were nice. Comfortable. Never took to the look of the widebody kit. I found it hideous and cheap looking. I find that my Z51 M7 convertible and GT350R are more rewarding personally to drive at any speed.
I love my HC. Perfect DD so how was the rest so so? Ton of power when you want it & drives tame & comfy when you don't.
BlackHellcat is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 06:42 PM
  #15  
BlackHellcat
CF Senior Member
 
BlackHellcat's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 229
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LuisZ51 View Post
As much as I hate to admit it, they are absolute torque monsters. We had one give us a run for the money driving my buddy's ZO6 on the interstate.
I ran my buddy's 675 WHP blown C6 with mine (Just intake) and we were dead even every time (60-70ish mph starts.)
BlackHellcat is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 06:48 PM
  #16  
BlackHellcat
CF Senior Member
 
BlackHellcat's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 229
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SuperdadZ06 View Post
It is a one trick pony although that one trick is pretty darn cool. It looks pretty good as well, a true muscle car of the modern era
Don't get too cocky. The HC can turn too. The best? Of course not, but do your homework before you call one trick pony b/c wrong
BlackHellcat is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 06:56 PM
  #17  
Slick6
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by defaria View Post
What does this have to do with C7's?
Nothing, except that I drive one. What do you have to do with this thread?
Slick6 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 06:58 PM
  #18  
Slick6
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by V Vette View Post
What does that car cost?
Low to mid sixties, if you don't load it up with a bunch of options.
Slick6 is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:17 PM
  #19  
Bfine Blue
CF Member
 
Bfine Blue's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2018
Posts: 52
Thanked 17 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BlackHellcat View Post
Don't get too cocky. The HC can turn too. The best? Of course not, but do your homework before you call one trick pony b/c wrong
Please... Put your DR's on and roll down the 1320. That's all the HC is good for. Don't take it as an insult. It's not meant to be. I used to get out joint when people said my 14 GT500 couldn't handle and was one trick pony. Truth is, after owning a Boss, a 14 GT500, an A8 HC and currently owning my 350R and my Z51, they were right. The R is the best handling car that I'll ever own. So where are we now? Can your HC handle? Sure. A little bit better than they used to I guess but don't come into a Corvette forum and play like the HC can hang amongst a Z, GS, or Z51 in the turns. I can play that game in here with my R but the only game you can play in here with your HC is in the 1320 threads.

Last edited by Bfine Blue; 01-13-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Bfine Blue is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 12:43 PM
  #20  
BlackHellcat
CF Senior Member
 
BlackHellcat's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 229
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bfine Blue View Post
Please... Put your DR's on and roll down the 1320. That's all the HC is good for. Don't take it as an insult. It's not meant to be. I used to get out joint when people said my 14 GT500 couldn't handle and was one trick pony. Truth is, after owning a Boss, a 14 GT500, an A8 HC and currently owning my 350R and my Z51, they were right. The R is the best handling car that I'll ever own. So where are we now? Can your HC handle? Sure. A little bit better than they used to I guess but don't come into a Corvette forum and play like the HC can hang amongst a Z, GS, or Z51 in the turns. I can play that game in here with my R but the only game you can play in here with your HC is in the 1320 threads.
HC ran 7.51 on the ring I believe so....

Where did I say a HC out handles a a C7? Never said it. 350R was designed for the road course so I hope it turns better than a HC. SMH...
BlackHellcat is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Very impressed!


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: