Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Cadillac CT6 and the C8

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 09:42 AM
Cubby558
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19-'20-'21

Here is information on the CT6-V

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/c...ng-prep-order/

Another article i read stated the 275 units sold out in a matter of hours.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/550-...-out-in-hours/

Last edited by Cubby558; 01-19-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:15 AM
vdavenp802
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom73
Just read news report that Cadillac president said it was misreported that the CT6 was going away. The plant where it is built is going away. They could either import the CT6 from China or find another location to build it.

Could Bowling Green become the new home of the CT6 with it being built along side the C8? Would think that there is room there for the dual production.
Yes should have ample capability since the ME wont be producing much.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:22 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2,017 Likes on 702 Posts

Originally Posted by pietro c7

Please do...show Cadillac who is who,
We are so fortunate to have you around here.
You simply can’t get enough people to complain these days.
I have had it with you. I don't see the rese as well but it I'd have a lot to do to the unveiling and I don't see how to find a way too many people agree to say fiberglass is the Zora Stingray reveal the same chassis that you can't.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:51 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette
Doubt it. The BG plant is going to be used for the FE C8, the ME Zora, and a Cadillac FE GT car based on either the C7 or C8 platform.
@ryryokeefe Did this overlay of the patent images of the Cadillac coupe over a C7.

If this Cadillac coupe does happen, it would be very unlikely that it gets it's own platform, and judging by how well it lines up with the C7...

This is just further proof of the 2 car (ME and FE Corvettes) theory.
I think it is rude to provide false info. As previously stated, there is a detuned version of the Blackwing with 500 hp and 553 lb-ft in the Platinum trim level.
I also think it's poor form to provide false info as you do above. There is no credible evidence to date to support a dual FE and ME theory.

Of course, if the ME is a flop, it's always possible for an FE Corvette platform to re-emerge some day.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-19-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:00 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

You can find the V here:

https://www.cadillac.com/future-conc...es/ct6-v-sedan

It includes limited info on the Blackwing.
I see again why Cadillac is having trouble selling cars. The car looks great, but the idiots who designed the website think cars should only be viewed from the front.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:09 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Foosh
I also think it's poor form to provide false info as you do above. There is no credible evidence to date to support a dual FE and ME theory.

Of course, if the ME is a flop, it's always possible for an FE Corvette platform to re-emerge some day.
You must work on your reading comprehension. This is inexcusable. I clearly stated it was speculation, not fact.

the Zora and C8 are the only ones who have a lot to say to you but you don't know how t working in a bunch if I do it right away and then I have a lot.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:14 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Doubt it. The BG plant IS GOING [my emphasis added] to be used for the FE C8, the ME Zora, and a Cadillac FE GT car based on either the C7 or C8 platform
If this Cadillac coupe does happen, it would be very unlikely that it gets it's own platform, and judging by how well it lines up with the C7...

You need to work on your command of the English language. Saying something IS GOING to happen is no longer speculation, it's an undocumented assertion. You might try something like, "I think it might," or something to that effect next time.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-19-2019 at 01:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-19-2019, 01:16 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

You need to work on your command of the English language. Saying something IS GOING to happen no longer speculation, it's an undocumented assertion. You might try something like, "I think is might," or something to that effect next time.
Well, I like to think I am doing quite well for a native Spanosh speaker that started learning English 1 year and 3 months ago.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:19 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

That's commendable, and your English is coming along nicely in such a short period of time..

However, you should express your theories in terms of hypothetical scenarios, not documented facts, which you did above. One of the bizarre features of the C8 section here is that completely undocumented assertions are continually repeated by other readers as if they are confirmed truths. They aren't.

Having said that, I'm quite sure I'd botch any message I'd try to communicate in my now very rusty Spanish.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-19-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:34 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,153 Likes on 5,984 Posts

Well, I like to think I am doing quite well for a native Spanosh speaker that started learning English 1 year and 3 months ago.
That's commendable, and your English is coming along nicely in such a short period of time..

However, you should express your theories in terms of hypothetical scenarios, not documented facts, which you did above. One of the bizarre features of the C8 section here is that completely undocumented assertions are continually repeated by other readers as if they are confirmed truths. They aren't.

Having said that, I'm quite sure I'd botch any message I'd try to communicate in my now very rusty Spanish.
Ladies...
Old 01-21-2019, 02:25 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Now that's a bizarre post just above. I don't know what point you were trying to make, but I suppose it is true that more women than men seem to be able to conduct a civil conversation without resorting to flame-throwing, which we were ultimately able to have. He understood my point, and we amicably ended the conversation.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-21-2019 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:55 AM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

You can find the V here:

https://www.cadillac.com/future-conc...es/ct6-v-sedan

It includes limited info on the Blackwing.
I was at the Detroit Auto show on Saturday and they had a CT6 V Blackwing proto type there. No pricing and the car was locked up. 550 HP & 627 lbs ft. of torque, all wheel drive, 10 speed auto and 4 wheel steering. A luxury performance car for all seasons and is sold out!

Last edited by Supersonic 427; 01-22-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:18 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

That's an intriguing proposition for die hard FE guys... and gals. But a Caddy will be more comfort than track-capable performance (especially a GT). It's funny to pull up to a Merc SL at a light with a dude posing like he's a street-predator. You see everything in L.A.....

SOmeone told me, when I was in Detroit working for our parent company GM, that Cadillac was just a marketing dept. and not a car company. At the time, GM was using the same platform accross multiple brands (Caddy cimmaron anyone?)

Doubt it. The BG plant is going to be used for the FE C8, the ME Zora, and a Cadillac FE GT car based on either the C7 or C8 platform.
@ryryokeefe Did this overlay of the patent images of the Cadillac coupe over a C7.

Last edited by tcinla; 01-22-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:33 PM
Red67John
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 195 Posts

IMO... There is a fair chance of a Cadilllac version of the C8. Not because of a leaked key fob or past Caddy attempts at a two seater, but more likely because the new President of GM is a huge Cadillac supporter, because the Caddy Blackwing motor is being built at Bowling Green, and although I haven’t seen any recent reports, the demographics of the AVERAGE Corvette and Cadillac buyers has not all that different over the past 5-6 years.

Caddy has been doing some really cool things of late, from cool looking cars and crossovers in an array of sizes, to the V models and the Blackwing. If GM does throw a Caddy on the C8 assembly line, they could offer both a Corvette sports car and a Caddy GT car, maybe concentrate on the appropriate function, trim, and options for each niche. By sharing the platform, they might not dilute the market for either brand and might in fact increase overall production after the sagging sales of the C7. Hopefully it would attract both younger Corvette owners and simply more Caddy buyers.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:03 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Wonder why this got moved from the C8 section to the Other Cars section. It was about the C8 and Bowling Green and excess capacity in BGA. To me that is C8 related.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:48 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

This it the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell wants a CT6 or C8 after viewing this car?