Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Another”heard it from a friend post”

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 11:56 PM
ConcernedCitizen
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Another”heard it from a friend post”

A buddy of mine who works at the Spring Hill plant was over for beers last night. Conversation went like this:
me “so I’ve heard that Spring Hill might be making the c8 engine, you know anything?” Him “I don’t know anything except that we’re getting a new engine” me “ sounds like something GM tells its employees to say” Him (big grin) then he says out of the blue “ watch out for the new Cadillac though, I think it’s cooler than the Vet”

Whaaa? I have never subscribed to the Cadillac conspiracy, in fact I always thought it was downright silly, but my friend isn’t into car forums and is a damn straight shooter. Don’t know why he’d say it if it wasn’t true.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:10 AM
Raid1
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

New CT5 or CT4 V-series ????
They're both supposed to be unveiled on May 30th.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/05/...ut-this-month/

Depending on the final specs and price, my next car will be either the C8 or a new V-series
Considering the new V cars are debuting so close to the C8 unveiling, I hope all 3 share the same drivetrain.

Last edited by Raid1; 05-16-2019 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:33 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen
A buddy of mine who works at the Spring Hill plant was over for beers last night. Conversation went like this:
me “so I’ve heard that Spring Hill might be making the c8 engine, you know anything?” Him “I don’t know anything except that we’re getting a new engine” me “ sounds like something GM tells its employees to say” Him (big grin) then he says out of the blue “ watch out for the new Cadillac though, I think it’s cooler than the Vet”

Whaaa? I have never subscribed to the Cadillac conspiracy, in fact I always thought it was downright silly, but my friend isn’t into car forums and is a damn straight shooter. Don’t know why he’d say it if it wasn’t true.

Great. Now all GM has to do is track down all employees that drink beer and your buddy is toast!

; )
Old 05-16-2019, 12:38 AM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Raid1

Depending on the final specs and price, my next car will be either the C8 or a new V-series
Considering the new V cars are debuting so close to the C8 unveiling, I hope all 3 share the same drivetrain.
The CT5 CT4 V will be mid-engine?

Last edited by Tom73; 05-16-2019 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:10 AM
CPhelps
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom73
The CT5 CT4 V will be mid-engine?
His buddy said, "watch out for the new Caddy, I think it's cooler than the Vette". No mention of the Caddy being mid-engine from his buddy, so it very well could be a V car he was referring to, and OP could have jumped to conclusion that he was talking about a Caddy platform mate for C8.

Last edited by CPhelps; 05-16-2019 at 06:11 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:12 AM
LLK
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

This isn't new and it's not a big secret. During a GM investor conference earlier this year an image of a "sporty coupe" flashed on the screen and was identified as a "future addition to the current portfolio". I was recovering from major surgery, (cancer rots!), but an analyst on my team attended and described it as "Mustang like, not mid-engined". She said that it was impossible to guess the size and no hints were given, but she believes it's GT like and guesses that it's more in the image of BMW's 8 Series coupe.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:00 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,152 Likes on 514 Posts

It's the mid engined Cadillac based off the ZORA chassis. No surprise here. We've known this for a while now since the Cadillac key fob was leaked.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:26 AM
ltomn
Pro

Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts

Moving this thread was a cheap shot at creating anonymity! How can CF consider that a ME Cadillac is off topic when it's based on the Corvette C8 chassis? It may share an engine, chassis and builders and the CF wants to hide it!
Old 05-16-2019, 10:54 AM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by CPhelps
His buddy said, "watch out for the new Caddy, I think it's cooler than the Vette". No mention of the Caddy being mid-engine from his buddy, so it very well could be a V car he was referring to, and OP could have jumped to conclusion that he was talking about a Caddy platform mate for C8.
He said “I hope all 3 share the same drivetrain.” so I was just asking the question if the Cadillacs would be MEs.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:01 AM
ConcernedCitizen
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

In the context of our conversation, I got the impression he was not talking about something that has already been announced. Sounded more secret squirrel than that. Maybe I read to much into it
Old 05-16-2019, 11:56 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
It's the mid engined Cadillac based off the ZORA chassis. No surprise here. We've known this for a while now since the Cadillac key fob was leaked.
LOL, yeah and the camo guys did a really great job at hiding the Cadillac ME under wraps. No big surprise here. The CT5 was unveiled at NYIAS last month. CT4 and 5 V models will debut on May 30.

Last edited by Foosh; 05-16-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:26 PM
Raid1
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
LOL, yeah and the camo guys did a really great job at hiding the Cadillac ME under wraps. No big surprise here. The CT5 was unveiled at NYIAS last month. CT4 and 5 V models will debut on May 30.

You just repeated the 1st post in this thread.
I know. I posted it.

Originally Posted by Raid1

Regardless, not sure why threads keep being moved from the C8 forum, when the discussion is relevant to the C8..........
Old 05-16-2019, 11:26 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

For the same reason that the XLR is not discussed in the C6 Forums. It's a Cadillac, not a Corvette.

Last edited by Zymurgy; 05-16-2019 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:42 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Another "friend of a friend' conversation.

This morning at the grocery store I ran into a long time friend that I hadn't seen for a while. I asked him what he knew of the C8 and he replied...."it's a mid engine".

I said that I knew that much.

I asked him what his friend that works at Bowling Green(for GM) has told him. He said that there were two assembly lines in operation. One for the front engine cars and one for the mid engine cars.

That got me thinking. What if GM is planning to do a nationwide reveal like what Ford did with the Mustang in 1964. Have one at each dealer, covered, under high security, and the cover is removed at the same time in every dealer in every state state, and not just in Orange county California. GM could be building mid engine cars and storing them inside the plant(as they have plenty of room) for the next two months, and deliverer them to all their "Corvette" dealers shortly before July 18, 2019.

I was at the Ford dealer in Wichita, KS the evening they uncovered the new Mustang. The place was packed. I mean really packed. People that were interested in a new 'sporty' car were there. I was as I was looking to buy my first new car. I passed on the new Mustang and purchased a new 1964 Malibu SS with a 327, 4- speed, post and F40 suspension, but I was looking at the brand new Mustang to see if matched what I wanted in a new car.

Ford went directly to those that were potential buyers, not to a few car magazine journalists that didn't give a **** what they were viewing, as long as they got paid for writing about it, and some local "car" people that just wanted to see what the car was.

People were at the Ford dealer at the "official" reveal, that same time at every dealer in every state, and since the Mustang was in production(in secret), they were ready to take orders then and there, and the Ford dealers had plenty of salesmen working that evening, and the next day, etc. and people knew that they would be getting their new Mustang shortly, not when the Mustang plant goes into production mode some 3-6 months after the reveal.

No showing the Mustang at an "event" and then telling people that read about it, or see TV commercials, that in 3-6 months they could buy one.

Hey GM, how about having the damn cars ready to sell the day they are revealed. while the fire is hot.

Last edited by JoesC5; 05-20-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:55 AM
blk05coupe
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

The caddy will be a ME but most likely won’t be seen until fall of 2020
Old 05-21-2019, 10:26 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from another you been messin' around.....

Damn song!

Get notified of new replies

To Another”heard it from a friend post”

Quick Reply: Another”heard it from a friend post”