Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

No front engine Corvette or Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 10:16 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

If GM had the ballast to go with the 6th gen concept, it wouldn’t have fallen behind the competition:

Last edited by tcinla; 06-29-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:11 PM
faninc
Drifting

Received 637 Likes on 364 Posts

Default Idea for Chevy for 2023

2023 Idea for Chevy for new Performance replacement for Camaro and high performance suv!
Create the long awaited Corvette brand and ditch Chevy prefix! Make a fuller product line and feature the C8 array of offerings, introduce a 2 door sports car that seats 4 easily, think Camaro replacement. This would allow streamlining and leveraging the Corvette brand and all the engine options. Also tees up the opportunity for a Corvette high performance suv. Corvette becomes Chevys high performance division and Chevy can focus on non performance cars.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:03 AM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 861 Likes on 404 Posts

I had the chance to slalom a new CT5 V along with the new V and being a modded 2013 CTS V2 owner I would take that CT5 V over any current Camaro in a heart beat. And, I’ve long loved Camaro. I had a 69 and a 70 Z28 which was a wonderful car for that time. But the V’s are a whole new ball game ready to be exploited.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:04 AM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,109 Likes on 1,734 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

Originally Posted by sprink94
If Mary Barra and GM want to sell Camaros....they need to bring back the 1969 body and put it on today's GM Alpha platform. I know this is a Corvette forum but I think this is worth a discussion. We have talked about this at some of our Corvette Club meetings.

This is arguably the best looking Camaro ever built. With this body paired today's Camaro chassis and engine technology...Chevy couldn't build them fast enough.

My problem with the Gen 6 Camaro is I can't see out of the damn thing. It's no surprise that both the Mustang and Challenger are out selling the Camaro !! If you are 6 feet or taller you can't comfortably fit in the car.

GM still has the stamping molds...so why not. Make it again while complying with today DOT regulations and it woll be a BIG HIT. I would buy one...anyone else agree ?
Great looking car but this was my favorite specially when the air induction would kick in!!

Old 06-30-2019, 01:11 PM
flyingbunnys
Le Mans Master

Received 128 Likes on 99 Posts

A delay could mean a 8 year gap like last time. I very much welcome a redesign of the Camaro as the current gen is not great. I'd personally choose the mustang if I had to buy today second choice would be an Audi S5 Coupe. The current gen looks and feels like driving a bunker on wheels and is less practical than a Corvette.

I like the retro look, but they could also go more modern and looks like the Audi S5 Coupe. Or a blend of retro with modern.
Old 06-30-2019, 03:49 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Look up the issues with the Mustangs transmission. Breaking them is easy if you don't drive it like you have high white socks and gold chains and drive around with your little foldout lawn chairs in the back.

Quick Reply: No front engine Corvette or Camaro?