Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Cadillac SRX question (2007 V6 AWD)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 10:38 AM
DB Cooper
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Cadillac SRX question (2007 V6 AWD)

I just bought the Cadillac SUV playset (brakes sold separately) off a local guy on Craigslist.

It's a 2007 SRX AWD V6 with a nice rust-free body and underbody, relatively low mileage (125k) with a recent engine swap (47k on the engine a year ago). I had it brought home on a flatbed July 2nd, and at this point I have replaced the pads, rotors, and calipers on all 4 corners (Bubba has been here... he broke off all the bleeders for me), the master cylinder, bled everything, then replaced both front wheel bearings (Bubba again... he also hacked off the wheel speed sensor wires for me) and repaired the wheel speed sensor harnesses. At this point I have working brakes and got rid of the service traction control, ABS, and stabilitrak messages.

I still have no data from any of the tire pressure monitors, and no initial horn response in the 'learn' procedure. I set the parking brake, turn the key on, page to the tire pressure re-learn page, hit the check mark, and the message just flashes once. Nothing else. Same thing when I try to have it pair with a keyless entry remote. Just a quick flash, and the 'press check mark to pair' message comes back. I have checked the fuses in the driver side rear, nothing blown. Also probed with a voltmeter, 12.6V getting that far in the circuit.

I had the vehicle over to my local Belle Tire for a new set of rubber, and the tech confirmed there are TPMS sensors in all four tires, and three of the four checked out fine with their rf scanner. One would need to be replaced if I get the receiver working. Also tested my keyless entry remotes at Autozone with their little Energizer test box, and confirmed they are transmitting as well. So my question is regarding the receiver modules in the vehicle.

Does the SRX use the same module to receive TPMS telemetry as it uses to receive RKE signals ?
Old 07-17-2019, 10:40 PM
DB Cooper
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

I figured it out. Water leak from a bad moonroof drain took out the RCDLR module, which does indeed handle the TPMS signals as well as the door lock remotes. Picked up a replacement module off ebay from a wrecked vehicle, same part number, and it swapped in and works perfectly without any programming needed.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:31 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by DB Cooper
I figured it out. Water leak from a bad moonroof drain took out the RCDLR module, which does indeed handle the TPMS signals as well as the door lock remotes. Picked up a replacement module off ebay from a wrecked vehicle, same part number, and it swapped in and works perfectly without any programming needed.
Thanks for posting this update. I see so many threads like this where the OP disappears without updating us on the outcome.

Get notified of new replies

To Cadillac SRX question (2007 V6 AWD)

Quick Reply: Cadillac SRX question (2007 V6 AWD)