Other Country Events Other Countries

7th international US car and bike meeting in Ljubljana Slovenija [lots of pics]

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 07:56 PM
vittal
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 7th international US car and bike meeting in Ljubljana Slovenija [lots of pics]

Hi guys last weekend we had our 7th V8 club meeting here in Ljubljana Slovenija and lots of people came with their US cars from all over the country and some other countries too. People even came from as far as Germany but I saw cars from Croatia, Austria, Italy and Hungary.

I saw a lot of nice cars and meat some cool people. I also figured out what cars I wanna get next to add to my collection.

Anyway here are a few photos I and a few of my friends took.

Unfortunately there was only one C1

There were quite a few C3s

There were only three C4s but I don't know how I only got shots of mine...

There were a black and a red earlier C4 somewhere but I think I was looking at them so much that I didn't take even one shot

There were a few C5s

There was another silver one but I didn't catch it.

And only one C6

This Challenger was restored by a good friend of mine and I think that someday I'll have to get me one just like that...

And another very nicely restored Camaro

And here are a few other cars

A nice pickup

A nice Cuda

A roadrunner

A Pontiac

A beautiful Buick

Even a local fire department showed up with their own V8 Chevy (witch is pretty rear for them to have a V8)

And this guy was just to die for

That's about it because I got board of taking photos and not looking at the nice cars so I put away my camera.

But a good friend of mine and his son were there and they took a photo of me by my Vette and later that day made a postcard of the photo and mailed it to me. I was really presently surprised so I scanned it and here it is...me and my new Vette

Well there you go a few photos of a couple of cars. There were around 150 cars in total but they were coming and going all the time.

Hope you like the photos..

Bye guys
Old 09-23-2011, 08:08 PM
BevoZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Nice photos. I have some questions about them.

Why does your car have California license plates?

Why are there American flags flying there?

I am surprised there were so many American V-8s there. I think it's funny that one car was flying the Confederate battle flag from the War of Northern Agression.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:10 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Nice.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:13 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by BevoZ06

I am surprised there were so many American V-8s there. I think it's funny that one car was flying the Confederate battle flag from the War of Northern Agression.
Don't believe our press, Europeans love America and American culture. I saw Germans having Texas Fest and US Civil War reenactments. Much less the love for the American V-8.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:37 PM
vittal
Pro

Originally Posted by BevoZ06

My car has CA plates because until the end of the year it's still registered in CA. Then I'll have to find a different solutions since they won't let me register it here. Bureaucrats what can you do....
I'd register it in CA but since I'm here I can't so I'm still searching for a solution....

As far as the flags go... well US cars call for a nice flag to go with it probably... you know...

As for V8s there are a lot and there would probably be even more if it wasn't so expensive. I know that I'd gladly have a lot full of US cars if I could just afford to buy and ship them here... Slowly... the Vette is my first V8 I ever wanted. What comes next I don't know yet but I hope it's gonna be something in the line of a Challenger or a Cuda or something like that...

As for the Confederate battle flag I've got no idea but I'm guessing the guy liked the shape...
Old 09-23-2011, 08:48 PM
mike1944
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 13 Posts

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

I was wondering if a lot of these cars were ones that GIs brought over and then sold when they went back to the US.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:51 PM
CheezMoe
Melting Slicks

Received 100 Likes on 85 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13,'19-'20

It's a crying shame to see all those american classics shipped overseas! More go everyday!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:11 PM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Great Job on pics!!! Dobry Dzien
Old 09-23-2011, 09:18 PM
vittal
Pro

Originally Posted by mike1944
Very nice, thanks for sharing.

I was wondering if a lot of these cars were ones that GIs brought over and then sold when they went back to the US.
I think some are. But others were imported.
Here in Slovenia it's a big problem importing anything but it's still easier to import 25+ year car than a younger one because you can't get it certified because of bureaucratic BS. As it is with my Vette.

Originally Posted by dosoctaves
It's a crying shame to see all those american classics shipped overseas! More go everyday!
As well as it's a shame that a lot of those classics rot away forgotten in some barn or junkyard. This way at least they'll be preserved for a very long time and taken care of.
But I agree with you it's a big shame if someone who isn't gonna take care of it gets hold of one.

I know my Vette it gonna be with me for a very very long time and I'm willing to bet a lot longer than it would have if I hadn't have got it.

My dad had a Mustang when he was younger after a lot of years he finally sold it to a guy who nagging him to sell it and I thing it's still around. Before that my granddad had a very cool Caddy in the 50s and also sold it to a guy that loved those cars. Both my dad and granddad said that if they knew that I'd be crazy about cars like that they'd have stored them in the garage and they'd have waited for my time.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:43 PM
LarryMJones
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Looks like a fun event.

LJ

Get notified of new replies

To 7th international US car and bike meeting in Ljubljana Slovenija [lots of pics]

Quick Reply: 7th international US car and bike meeting in Ljubljana Slovenija [lots of pics]