Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

road trip in the northwest

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:49 AM
MEANZ06
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default road trip in the northwest

hey folks, ill be up in washington next week visiting my mom . she lives near port orchard. what kind of tourist stuff can we find to do? keep in mind i wont have the vette and will have my two teenage daughters . my mom is already planning on one day in seattle. any little secret spots we should check out? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....
thanks in advance.... vic
Old 06-20-2007, 12:24 PM
captmike13
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Here is a good place to go visit. cape flattery.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Herringchoker
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Man been singin' the Blues, since he began to till the ground"...Vancouver, USA WA.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Poulsbo, that entire area is a great spot to spend time, your surrounded by water and all related activities. (eating, drinking)
Old 06-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

While in Seattle the Pike Place market is a great place to visit.

Just south of seattle in Tacoma is the Museaum of glass where you can watch glassblowing taking place.

Depending on your interests the museaum of flight is really fantastic.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:20 PM
MEANZ06
Race Director

thanks for the suggestions, please keep'em coming anyone know if the boeing tour is worth it?
Old 06-20-2007, 05:20 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody

Just south of seattle in Tacoma is the Museaum of glass where you can watch glassblowing taking place.

Depending on your interests the museaum of flight is really fantastic.
Pike Place Market is lots of fun but watch out for the flying fish http://www.pikeplacemarket.org/frameset.asp?flash=true

Just down the street is the original Starbuck's. It's a short walk to Westlake Center then climb on the Monorail and head to Seattle Center and the Space Needle for lunch.

The Boeing Museum of Flight is great if you like anything aviation-related. You can walk thru a Concorde, walk underneath an SR-71 Blackbird, go thru the space station simulator and visit the section devoted to WW1 and WW2 aircraft and those who flew them.
http://www.museumofflight.org/Portal.asp?Flash=True

If the weather is really nice, hop on the Bremerton ferry for the round trip to Seattle and back You can also go one way and drive back, but figure on at least a couple hours back to the Port Orchard area depending on the traffic.

Last edited by c4cruiser; 06-20-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Joy of 6
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Boeing Muz. is quite interesting and I find it well worthy the trip . The San Juan Islands are a wonderful spot to visit. Weather ought to be prettty good. the Olympic Peninsula is also quite spectactular. You might find that you will need to move up here to see it all. Mt Rainier is another hot spot. (I like the outdoors!)
Old 06-20-2007, 07:40 PM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MEANZ06
hey folks, ill be up in washington next week visiting my mom . she lives near port orchard. what kind of tourist stuff can we find to do? keep in mind i wont have the vette and will have my two teenage daughters . my mom is already planning on one day in seattle. any little secret spots we should check out? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....
In Seattle go to the Pike Place Market and watch the flying fish show. Then across the street to the waterfront and visit the aquarium that is opening up a new exhibit this Friday. If you show up Wednesday morning (6/27) I will be scuba diving in the "Dome" tank (9:30AM to 10:30AM), stop by and say high and I will give you a tour!

PM me if you like...

Dean
Old 06-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Maui
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody
I second that and I'd try to get to Raineer and the Olympics.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:28 PM
MEANZ06
Race Director

okay, so far, pike place market, space needle for lunch, and boeing are a must anything else interesting up there? what about a trip into canada? is that far from port orchard? any special requirements to cross the boarder?

kentz06, ill be pm'ing you closer to the time and let you know...

c4cruiser, thanks for the links, very helpful on decision making

i appreciate all the feedback... vic
Old 06-20-2007, 10:38 PM
roadstr899
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MEANZ06
Take a day ferry ride to Victoria, BC up through the San Juan Islands and have high tea at the Empress Hotel. Got to learn to speak Canadian though... just add "eh" to the end of everything.

Last edited by roadstr899; 06-20-2007 at 10:39 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 06-20-2007, 10:48 PM
MEANZ06
Race Director

Originally Posted by roadstr899
Got to learn to speak Canadian though... just add "eh" to the end of everything.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Iroczlover
Drifting

Depends on if you are going to be around ojn the 8th of July or not, if you are head over to Issaquah for the All Chevy & Camaro show. its a great place with great food & you can take your mom down to the chocolate factory just down the road.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:30 PM
MEANZ06
Race Director

Originally Posted by Iroczlover
Depends on if you are going to be around ojn the 8th of July or not, if you are head over to Issaquah for the All Chevy & Camaro show. its a great place with great food & you can take your mom down to the chocolate factory just down the road.
ill be up there from this sat. to only thurs. morning.... trying to make it back here to make the annual andy's run in socal
Old 06-21-2007, 01:33 AM
Maui
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Victoria is well worth the trip. You're getting some great advice here.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:47 AM
MEANZ06
Race Director

Originally Posted by Maui
You're getting some great advice here.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:34 AM
K2
Melting Slicks

Received 130 Likes on 63 Posts

Try to stay a few more days and take in the Vintage races at Pacific International Raceway on 29th-1st. Port Townsend is a great little town and then you can take the Kingston ferry to Whidbey Island and drive up past Deception pass and over to Burlington then up World famous Chuckanut Drive to Bellingham and Mt. Baker. You will not run out of sights to see in this neck of the woods. Enjoy.

Get notified of new replies

To road trip in the northwest

Old 06-22-2007, 02:46 AM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if I would want to go to any place called "Chuckanut". OUCH.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:26 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Sunday Brunch at Salty's

Salty's is over in West Seattle - they have a great Saturday and Sunday brunch. Great food and the view of downtown Seattle from across the water is fanstastic. It's only a 15 minute drive from downtown. You'll definitely need reservations.

Also fun is Theatro Zinzanni in downtown Seattle. Dinner and a show (kind of like Cirque du Soleil dinner theater).

This weekend is a big car show over at XXX Rootbeer. It's out of the way, but this weekend's show should attract 300+ cars. (I heard 500 last year). Issaquah is about 20 - 25 minutes from downtown though. Maybe outlet shopping in North Bend for the ladies (15 min past Issaquah) and car show for you?

If you do the ferry ride, you'll probably want to take the high speed ferries (Victoria Clipper) that leave from downtown Seattle - 2 hours up and 2 hours back. In Victoria you'll have the downtown area (lots of little shops and good restaurants, and natural science museum), and Buchart Gardens this time of year will be beautiful.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Herringchoker
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Man been singin' the Blues, since he began to till the ground"...Vancouver, USA WA.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think you'll need about 30 more days, all of this stuff shouldn't be missed. this trip you may just have to hit the majors.

Quick Reply: road trip in the northwest