Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Good Body Shop in Hillsboro or Beaverton, OR?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Perfect Light
Racer

Received 107 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Good Body Shop in Hillsboro or Beaverton, OR?

Hi Gang,

Remember us from the Russ Chevy Show, and the Hillsboro Farmers Market?

Well…. It never seems to amaze me the stupidity of some drivers. On Saturday, my mom and I were the first car at the red light. I’m in the one and only straight through lane. As we’re sitting at the red light, an officer with lights and siren on pass us on the right to go through the intersection. (And he was in a hurry!) As we’re sitting there still at the red, I see officer #2 approaching with lights on only. (Also in a hurry!) As the light goes green the officer is just going around us on the right hand side just like officer #1. Then I feel it….thud…. My mom and I said “What was that?”

I got rear-ended!! I get out, and said “you hit my Corvette!” and he says “Well…the light was green and you didn’t move.” As if that was a good reason to hit me. No kidding, he really said that. No horn….no nothing…. I explained I couldn’t move because the 2nd officer was passing us on the right with his lights on. He said he didn’t see officer #2 and actually argued with me that it didn’t matter because our light was green and we had the right of way. Told him nope – an officer with lights on always has right of way but he kept arguing he was right.

He demanded we not move our vehicles out of the street (because that was “tampering with evidence”) and that an officer come to the scene….okay with me. Officer shows up and promptly corrects the guy – that just because the light was green that doesn’t mean you get to hit the vehicle in front of you, and also that you must always yield to an emergency vehicle. The guy literally looked *this big* by the time the officer was done lecturing him. On top of that, he got just a little bit smaller when I told him it was a $50K Corvette he hit. He didn’t even know!

I swear to you, that yes, this is the stupidest thing you’ve ever read. I can't get over how dumb it is. Yes, I swear that he honestly thought because the light was green and I didn’t move that it was okay to hit me. Truth is stranger than fiction! And how avoidable!! Now our baby has some damage. As you can see in the pictures, it’s mostly scuff marks but there are some gouge marks too. Not sure if it can be repaired or will need replaced. Not sure if there is any damage behind either since I was hit at such a low speed.

Can anyone recommend a good body shop in the Hillsboro/Beaverton, OR area? Someone recommended Reedville Auto Body, but were wondering if they’re okay or if there are others? And has anyone ever pursued diminished value? We're worried that even this minor damage could devalue the vehicle.

Heather (and Kevin)

These aren't the best pics, but they were taken at the scene:

The actual accident:

Scuff marks:

More scuff marks and those 4 darker "dots" are actually gouges:
Old 07-06-2007, 12:25 AM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

So was this guy from the South? I mean, way, way, way down south? You know in Oregon, they give drivers lic. to anyone that has a foot and a hand. You don't need to know anything about English, how to read signs, rules of the road, or how to drive.
I know a good bodyshop in Gresham, called Jerrys. He painted my MCM hood.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:34 AM
boerio
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't heard anything bad about Reedville.

I know it's not exactly close, but talk to Darrell @ DB Custom in Newberg. He's worked on classics to current 'vettes. He worked on my black 2000 and my 1967 427/435 NCRS Top Flight car. You won't be disappointed by the quality work!! 503-554-1747. I don't get anything for the referral.

Jeff
Old 07-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Iroczlover
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ma I didnt read this until now heather Dang it lol, I dont know of any down south but I know of some up here in Olympia that are REALLY GOOD.

it was really good meeting you & Kevin today at Mikes.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:03 PM
heisnuts
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 457 Likes on 208 Posts

Man, I am sorry to see the pictures...

I know Lucky Auto Body & Paint in Beaverton does excellent work. I have not seen their work on Corvettes, but I have seen a few NSX's that have been pretty smashed up and repaired by Lucky and they came out looking better than new (Steve Lee is the owner and the one you will probably be working with).

Steve would be the one to talk to about diminished value. He's been doing this over 20 years now, and works with the insurance companies on a daily basis.

The phone number is (503) 646-9016 and they are at 4460 SW 142nd ave (the street just behind Beaverton Toyota). You might want to call Steve and ask him what he thinks. He is a really stand up guy and if he thinks he is not the shop for the job, he will tell you up front.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Irv
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry for your loss, but I doubt you'll be successful in any diminished value claim for what's really some very minor damage. I think it hurts you more than the car. If the frame is bent or the body shop needs to blend the new paint into the side panels you'd have a great case, but it looks to me like merely replacing the rear bumper cover and and painting it will make your car as good as new. The paint match from the factory on bumper covers on most C5s-C6s is so horrible I doubt the body shop could do any worse!

As for whether or not the accident will actually diminish the value of the car... it depends on whether you trade your cars or sell them yourself, and whether or not the accident appears on Carfax. If you trade I've noticed most dealers are only interested in accident damage greater than $2500. Remember, many new cars are touched up before owners receive them, so dealers aren't perfectionists. I have seen a Carfax item cause questions once with a friend's car, but it didn't affect the dealer's orginal offer. (That was for an accident that seems worse than yours.) Unless there's more serious damage under that bumper cover I doubt trade-in will be affected.

If you sell the car yourself it's difficult to estimate the effect. I found with a Mustang Cobra I owned that got rear-ended (it was relatively minor damage, but a new trunk lid was involved in addition to a bumper cover) I was just up-front about it, bragged about how **** the shop and I were about getting it fixed right, and it had no effect I'm aware of on the price I got. On the other hand, some potential buyers will not consider a car that has ever been in any sort of an accident. There are more of these types with Corvettes than most other cars, IMO. On the other hand, I had a bent-frame 2003 Z06 I sold last year, and just by adjusting the price down $10K I had people begging me to sell it to them from all over the country. No kidding. For a bent frame car and a mere $10K savings. Your little bumper ding will probably be in the noise, properly repaired.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:38 PM
dorz up
Advanced

I personally have had Reedville work on my Corvette, and know of another Corvette which was near totaled condition, that they made better than before the car was wrecked.
You've seen my car, they did the aftermarket hood on it. They did extra work to make it flawless, and did a great job of matching the paint on it. Just my .02 cents

Ron
Old 07-11-2007, 02:12 PM
JJMalone
Drifting

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I highly recommend Al Link’s Competition Paint in Sandy, Oregon. I have had excellent results with them personally. Their telephone is 503-668-3954, right near Suburban Chevrolet on 36600 Industrial Way. They do a lot of Corvette work, anything Suburban needs and they are the biggest Corvette dealer in the Northwest. I have no connection to them in any way, just a satisfied customer……..twice.
JJ

Get notified of new replies

To Good Body Shop in Hillsboro or Beaverton, OR?

Quick Reply: Good Body Shop in Hillsboro or Beaverton, OR?