Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Pacific Raceways Open Lapping June 7

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 01:54 AM
errance
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomZ51
Todd, I sent you a PM. I am glad that you can make it. It will be a great day. The weather looks great. FYI, I am supplying lunch as well, but I would strongly suggest that all bring a lot of water as it will be warm and we don't want to be dehydrated.

I can't wait. I too will be bringing a new car to me to this event as I recently had a loss of one of my track cars. Actually my first track car of 10 years. The replacement will be interesting to run.
What did you lose, what's the replacement, and what's for lunch?
Old 06-03-2011, 09:31 AM
tomZ51
Pro

Well, all very good questions. I lost my Porsche. This was my first real sports car that I have had for about 10 years. It was set up very well for the track. A close friend was borrowing it and it became a casuality of turn 5a. Fist and foremost, it did it's job, he didn't get hurt. I replaced it with (dare I say it on a corvette forum) a Ford FR500S factory race car. I think it will be fun. Yes, I still have my Vette.

We are going to have subway sandwiches (the big party kind) with potato salad, chips, and something to drink. We don't want anything too heavy so we can keep driving. I'm putting the order in today for the sandwiches.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:22 AM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tomZ51
Todd, I sent you a PM. I am glad that you can make it. It will be a great day. The weather looks great. FYI, I am supplying lunch as well, but I would strongly suggest that all bring a lot of water as it will be warm and we don't want to be dehydrated.

I can't wait. I too will be bringing a new car to me to this event as I recently had a loss of one of my track cars. Actually my first track car of 10 years. The replacement will be interesting to run.
Tom,

I will be bringing at least 1 (and maybe 2) crew with me, will you have enough lunch for them or should I bring something?
Old 06-03-2011, 01:14 PM
errance
Pro

And Ill be bringing my dog and my cousin. Can you feed them also?
j/k
Old 06-03-2011, 03:20 PM
tomZ51
Pro

Thanks for letting me know. I'll be putting in the order today and I'll make sure that there is enough for everyone. Well, maybe not the dog....
Old 06-04-2011, 11:14 AM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OCCOMSRAZOR
Weather looks GREAT!! Looking forward to knocking the dust off the "Screamin' Lizard."

Good news Todd. I'll make sure to bring along my communicator.

Dean
Old 06-04-2011, 11:19 AM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

So Tom, any photos of the new car??? Is it Raybestos black?

Last edited by kentz06; 06-04-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:56 AM
ramcharger
Pro

I'm interested. Anyone got some 18" R-compound tires for sale? Just need a pair of 255-285mm for the front.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Worthington
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sergeyk
Tom - I will be there. As long as you promise not to black flag me
in order to pass me.
Hey Sergey! I didn't know you were on this forum.

Have you attended any days since April? I just picked up a C6 with the Z51 package -can't wait to see how she does on the course. Seems to handle far better than the C5 did.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:14 PM
tomZ51
Pro

The Raybestos car is red, black, white, mostly and then the stickers. It has Hot Rod magazine covers all over it because that was the sponsor it's first year out in '08. You'll see it on Tuesday.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:00 PM
NWtracker
Advanced

Default Fr500s

Looking forward to seeing it.

Here's a Hot Rod article on the FR500S ...
http://www.hotrod.com/eventcoverage/...00s/index.html
Old 06-04-2011, 10:07 PM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm really looking forward to seeing that thing on the track!

If you need to do any work on it the boys at TC Motorsports know those cars as well as anyone on the planet. They must have 15-20 podium finishes for the two years they were running that national series. That includes launching Andrew Cadell to two series championships.

Another V8 in a real race car! Go Baby Go!

Which one is it?

Dean

Last edited by kentz06; 06-04-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:29 AM
tomZ51
Pro

It appears that my car in '08, being the car in the article that nwtracker put up is red, white and blue, number 60 and is the last car in the right row in this photo. That is a great article by the way. For '09, Andrew Caddell drove the wheels off this car and put it on the podium each race and winning the seasons point race. The most amazing thing is that it was never hit. it has some love here and there, but no real dents. I don't know how to post pictures on this forum. Maybe I can email it to Dean and he can put it on here.

Now, ramcharger, please get a hold of me as I have a short waiting list for this event. If one person bails, I'll get you in. Please email me so I can contact you asap.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:24 AM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Now this is a good lookin car!

I've driven one around a parking lot and they are considerably larger than the Corvette. I felt like a little kid in a candy store. However since it is a full on race car it will perform like a smaller car.

Dean
Old 06-05-2011, 10:48 AM
tomZ51
Pro

Thanks Dean for getting this up for me. It really is a big car compared to others in the garage. It does look a bit different now than when it was car #60. They did a great job putting this together for the '09 season. I really like the hot rod magazine covers that go across the hood, over the roof, and down the back. the first one on the nose is the first edition cover from 1948. The magazine cost .25.

I talked to Caddell a couple of weeks back. He lives in Tacome and currently races the Traxxus off road trucks. I am thinking like stadium trucks. He is a great guy, friendly and helpful. I have invited him to come to some of the PCA events and he said he would love to if it didn't conflict with his schedule.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:06 AM
NWtracker
Advanced

Default Great day!

Tom:

What a great event! You exceeded my expectations. It was a very well run and the weather cooperated nicely. I was impressed to see track workers at every corner.

I especially enjoyed seeing your new car because I spent many years selling Raybestos and still appreciate all good people I worked with then.

Thank you for squeezing me in. I look forward to making it to another track day soon.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:10 AM
errance
Pro

A well ran event, more turn workers then most other groups have, free food,... Heck, even the Porsche drivers were nice. Amazing!

Get notified of new replies

To Pacific Raceways Open Lapping June 7

Old 06-08-2011, 11:58 AM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

I had a great time and really appreciate this well run event!

Thanks to Tom for organizing it. Thanks to Dean for speeding up my learning curve on the backside of the track!

A great day!!

Old 06-08-2011, 12:02 PM
tomZ51
Pro

I had sooo much fun! The weather was perfect for a fast track. Not too hot and no real problems at all. We did have two Porsche mechanicals, but no big deal.

Traffic was managed perfectly by all attended, but overall there was not very much.

Thanks to all who supported this event and I'll do one again soon. I'll let you know.

I hope that everyone was able to meet Ted Anthony Sr and Jr. They are great guys and very willing to share their racing experience to everyone. Ted Sr's car is such a sleeper. It is an older 911, but it sure was fast.

BTW, Ted Anthony Jr is a very consistant 7 seconds faster than me in my car. I have some room to improve.

The rain came in 5 minutes before we were going to end. Sorry to all that missed that last 5 minutes. I'll make it up to you somehow.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:13 PM
sergeyk
Racer

It was great event - we should do it more often!

Thank you Tom!

Quick Reply: Pacific Raceways Open Lapping June 7