Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Pacific Raceways Open Lapping June 7

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:09 PM
tomZ51
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacific Raceways Open Lapping June 7

I will be hosting an open lapping day at Pacific Raceways on June 7th.

If you want to have a lot of seat time, this event will be for you. We will be running only 2 run groups and we will be keeping them small so we won't have too much traffic. We will request that you have some experience as we will not supply an instructor staff though many instructors will be attending for their own seat time.

This is not a club event, just did some horse trading with Pacific Raceways so their buildings can keep dry.

The cost will be $200.00 to cover insurance, emt's, etc...

Please contact me directly for payment and yes, Dean will be there too.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Evilash
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am very intersted.
I have not run there since just after the new configuration. And with a stick mustang and no run flats.
So I have no idea how this car will run as an auto on run flats. I'm not new but it will be my first time out in several years and with this car. So my question is will I not be aggresive enough to run with the group?

I was always B group and attended Proformance a couple of times.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:03 PM
tomZ51
Pro

If you run in B group with Proformance, that will be cool. I have run my run flats on the Corvette once and they seem to do ok, but of course R compounds are great. Because of the amount of track time, you may find that street tires or run flats may get a little greasy.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Evilash
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll probably have to cool down the auto before the tires anyway. But I'll look into upgrading trans cooling and tires before then (unfortunately the 6 speed on my garage floor will still be on the floor).

If you guys are point to pass on front or back straight only and my Snell 2000 full face helmet is allowed count me in. I'm ok with the lower of the two groups.
I will officially sign up next week when I get back home from California and send my check in.
Feel free to drop me a pm with that info.
Thanks for setting this up.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:58 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

This may be an interesting opportunity to get some track time at Pacific. I'll have to see if it can fit it in!!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:12 AM
nolimits
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Tom

Is this happening regardless of getting some minimum # of cars or do you need to reach a #? Just wondering about certainty of occurrance. Could be a great opportunity for clear track. Other groups your contacting?

Scott
Old 04-29-2011, 09:58 AM
tomZ51
Pro

This will happen regardless of how many will come. If I am the only one there, I'll run out of gas, tires, and brakes and have a great big grin on my face! I still have to pay for the insurance, emts, etc... that is why the price is where it is at. I want to limit the amount of drivers so there is little traffic for the drivers.

This will be a point to pass event, but I will not bust chops if people want to drive alternative lines. Just keep the cars on the asphalt! That is why I want to have more experienced drivers in this event, to allow great fun for friends.

Because I run these events for the Porsche Club, I will be using our contact list there as well as my friends here.

I am looking forward to having a great event.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:25 PM
nolimits
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds good, will be doing the PCA right after but will try for this too.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:45 PM
wanabgts
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 22 Posts

Sounds like a great event! If my car is sorted in time I would love to come!

Zack
Old 05-03-2011, 10:04 AM
tomZ51
Pro

We have had such a great response to this event! We have about 15 more spaces available. Now, what to do about the weather. I'll start putting in the order now for a dry day.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:38 PM
sergeyk
Racer

Originally Posted by tomZ51
This will happen regardless of how many will come. If I am the only one there, I'll run out of gas, tires, and brakes and have a great big grin on my face! I still have to pay for the insurance, emts, etc... that is why the price is where it is at. I want to limit the amount of drivers so there is little traffic for the drivers.

This will be a point to pass event, but I will not bust chops if people want to drive alternative lines. Just keep the cars on the asphalt! That is why I want to have more experienced drivers in this event, to allow great fun for friends.

Because I run these events for the Porsche Club, I will be using our contact list there as well as my friends here.

I am looking forward to having a great event.
Tom - I will be there. As long as you promise not to black flag me
in order to pass me.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:46 PM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomZ51
Please contact me directly for payment and yes, Dean will be there too.
Originally Posted by OCCOMSRAZOR
This may be an interesting opportunity to get some track time at Pacific. I'll have to see if it can fit it in!!
Todd since it appears I am REQUIRED to attend, if you show up I can give you some help to accelerate your learning curve. Have you had your car out to ORP? If so what were your lap times?

Dean
Old 05-04-2011, 09:54 AM
tomZ51
Pro

Dean, are you going to ORP for Scott's lapping? I am planning on being there Monday the 9th. I know one track friend that will be there from tomorrow until the 9th. 5 straight days at ORP, wow.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:16 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by kentz06
Todd since it appears I am REQUIRED to attend, if you show up I can give you some help to accelerate your learning curve. Have you had your car out to ORP? If so what were your lap times?

Dean
Dean-

I have been out to ORP shortly after it opened but I was so sick that day I didn't even have the energy to get out of the car between sessions.

I have some out of town obligations, but I don't want miss the opportunity to get some instruction from you. I really want to beat Duke Goss!!

Old 05-17-2011, 01:04 PM
tomZ51
Pro

Todd, do you know if you will be coming yet? The event is full and I am holding your place as I said I would. I certainly hope you can make it.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:06 PM
NWtracker
Advanced

Default Pacific Raceway June7th

I'd love to join in if there is still room.

Been to Spring Mountain 3 day, Bondurant 4 day SCCA and last weekend at ORP 2 day. A handful at Pacific Raceway w/ Proformance in my 930.

Got a new (to me) 04 Z06 two weeks ago.

Last edited by NWtracker; 05-18-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:41 PM
tomZ51
Pro

Originally Posted by NWtracker
I'd love to join in if there is still room.

Been to Spring Mountain 3 day, Bondurant 4 day SCCA and last weekend at ORP 2 day. A handful at Pacific Raceway w/ Proformance in my 930.

Got a new (to me) 04 Z06 two weeks ago.

Sent PM

Get notified of new replies

To Pacific Raceways Open Lapping June 7

Old 05-24-2011, 10:09 PM
errance
Pro

Ican'twaitIcan'twaitIcan'twaitIcan'twait
Old 06-02-2011, 02:18 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Weather looks GREAT!! Looking forward to knocking the dust off the "Screamin' Lizard."

Old 06-03-2011, 12:17 AM
tomZ51
Pro

Todd, I sent you a PM. I am glad that you can make it. It will be a great day. The weather looks great. FYI, I am supplying lunch as well, but I would strongly suggest that all bring a lot of water as it will be warm and we don't want to be dehydrated.

I can't wait. I too will be bringing a new car to me to this event as I recently had a loss of one of my track cars. Actually my first track car of 10 years. The replacement will be interesting to run.

Quick Reply: Pacific Raceways Open Lapping June 7