Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Corvette corral - 2011 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 05:11 PM
FNC80
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05

Default Corvette corral - 2011 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion!

The official kick off for this year’s Monterey Motorsports Reunion and the turn 5 Corvette Corral has begun!!

This year, I’ll be taking the reins from Steve Herbert, who was gracious enough to handle the corral last year in lieu of Mike Albov’s longstanding stewardship. As a 9 year participant, but first time organizer, I’ll give it my best shot. If there are any errors or omissions, please let me know and I’ll do my best to correct them!

Like last year, the minimum ticket requirements are 25 tickets. Once I have 25 payments in hand, I will send in the corral order form and order our tickets and passes. In order to make this happen in a timely manner, I’m asking you to PLEASE SEND IN THE PAYMENT TO ME ASAP. I have a deadline to get the payment to the track.

If I don't get 25 orders in time I will return your checks and of course, there will be no corral. We had a late start last year and we still made the 25 minimum, so let’s get this ball rolling and not lose the turn 5 corral that we’ve held for so many previous years!

For those that have been to the corral before, the drill is the same.
1. Fill out the attached ticket order form.
2. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment and send it to me.
3. When I receive the tickets and corral passes, I will mail them to you.

Send me an email at alexf@americanimex.com and I'll shoot you the ticket order form.

See you in Monterey!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:35 PM
FNC80
Safety Car

Some additional information. Most people go for Saturday or Saturday and Sunday, but the corral pass will be good for both days.

Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion
August 19-21

THE largest collection of vintage racers:

Prewar sports and touring cars
1908-50 Grand Prix cars and Indy roadsters
1947-66 sports racing cars
1947-66 GT and production cars
1955-63 Formula Junior cars
1962-76 FIA Manufacturer's Championship cars
1965-77 Can Am cars
1966-72 Trans-Am cars (usually only the five liter class)
1966-83 Formula One cars
1971-83 IMSA GT Championship cars
1981-1989 FIA Manufacturer's Championship & IMSA GTP Cars

...and also the drivers: Stirling Moss, Bobby Rahal, Phil Hill, Al Unser, Sr., Derek Bell, Brian Redman, Parnelli Jones, Jackie Stewart, Tommy Drissi, and more!

The corral is on turn 5 and you're right at the fenceline. Here's the view:

Here're some corral pics:

The pass allows you to enter the paddock, where you might be able to see one of the richest men in the world pushing an old car back to the pit:

a nice old racing vette:

or maybe some random stranger:

Old 05-03-2011, 09:41 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone from the Seattle area considering going to this? Right my calendar is open.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:33 PM
FNC80
Safety Car

Thanks for the questions and ticket orders so far! Keep them coming and let's make this happen!
Old 05-07-2011, 10:37 AM
2_60b4u
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much are tickets?
Old 05-10-2011, 05:45 PM
FNC80
Safety Car

$130 for Fri-Sun
$100 for Sat-Sun
$50 for Fri
$70 for Sat
$60 for Sun

That and also $10 for the corral parking.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:09 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by FNC80
$130 for Fri-Sun
$100 for Sat-Sun
$50 for Fri
$70 for Sat
$60 for Sun

That and also $10 for the corral parking.

I have to admit, since I've been going to the Hysterics many times since 1979 when tickets were 10 bucks, that compared to, say, a NASCAR weekend, Monterey is still a bargain. Well, save for the hotel rates.

I'm not sure how the event goes, but it used to be that every class ran on Friday, ostensibly for qualifying, and then on Saturday and Sunday, the race groups were spilt, with some running on Saturday and some on Sunday.

Now, let's face it; given cars with multi-million $ values and drivers with different levels of egos, you are not going to see any real racing (IMHO) and trophies are rarely if ever handed out to the first place finisher of the race. At least those were the general state of affairs when Steve Earle ran the event. Things may have changed. Be assured any results will not be in ads in the popular press or anything else other than maybe the Vintage Racing magazines.

If you plan to go to Pebble Beach - and you should if you've never done so - on Sunday, then don't bother with the races that day. you won't see anything, probably, you haven't seen in the previous two days at the track. Friday is best.

If you've not been there, make friends with someone that has. It is a bewildering experience. (I knew I'd find some way to use the term, bewildering)

And be sure to allow some time for sightseeing, like to Big Sur and Point Lobos...
Old 06-08-2011, 04:47 PM
FNC80
Safety Car

Originally Posted by last901
I have to admit, since I've been going to the Hysterics many times since 1979 when tickets were 10 bucks, that compared to, say, a NASCAR weekend, Monterey is still a bargain. Well, save for the hotel rates.

I'm not sure how the event goes, but it used to be that every class ran on Friday, ostensibly for qualifying, and then on Saturday and Sunday, the race groups were spilt, with some running on Saturday and some on Sunday.

Now, let's face it; given cars with multi-million $ values and drivers with different levels of egos, you are not going to see any real racing (IMHO) and trophies are rarely if ever handed out to the first place finisher of the race. At least those were the general state of affairs when Steve Earle ran the event. Things may have changed. Be assured any results will not be in ads in the popular press or anything else other than maybe the Vintage Racing magazines.

If you plan to go to Pebble Beach - and you should if you've never done so - on Sunday, then don't bother with the races that day. you won't see anything, probably, you haven't seen in the previous two days at the track. Friday is best.

If you've not been there, make friends with someone that has. It is a bewildering experience. (I knew I'd find some way to use the term, bewildering)

And be sure to allow some time for sightseeing, like to Big Sur and Point Lobos...
Great advice. Hotel rates are nuts (gotta love the market) and the race schedules are more or less the same (classifications race on Sat/Sun). It is indeed one of THE premier motorsports events in the country.

Ticket-wise...we're down to the wire and I have 2 more slots to fill!!

For those fence sitters, this would be a GREAT time to get the application in!

Let's make this happen guys!!

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette corral - 2011 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion!

Quick Reply: Corvette corral - 2011 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion!