Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Corvette drive

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Worthington
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Corvette drive

So as the weather is getting nicer I'm sure we are all looking for excuses for long drives.

We did one last year that was a lot of fun -curious who would be interested in doing this? I'm thinking we do it late July so that everyone has time to plan.

Route? Note sure yet -there was talk last year of going to some place that heads out east through some canyons that sounded pretty interesting? Or perhaps the cascade loop? Feel free to throw some ideas out there.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:16 PM
MrObnoxus
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestion

Being a northender, I'd suggest the North Cascade loop. Everett - Winthrop - Leavenworth - Everett or some shorter version thereof.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Grim Reaper
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19

Originally Posted by MrObnoxus
Being a northender, I'd suggest the North Cascade loop. Everett - Winthrop - Leavenworth - Everett or some shorter version thereof.
Chris, we need to make that run one weekend now that Jeff and I are back from San Antonio. Maybe we can get Ernie and Greg to go also.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Quickbrick
Advanced

Anyone on the peninsula? Been thinking of washing the '73 and stretching it out for a while.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:22 PM
RAT
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MrObnoxus
Good idea pops.

Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
Chris, we need to make that run one weekend now that Jeff and I are back from San Antonio. Maybe we can get Ernie and Greg to go also.
I like the Winthrop run during the summer. Much more to look at on 20 rather then 2. Lets do the Leavenworth run in September or October like we did last time. I thought that was a really good ride.
So, all you mAnaGErs get your times off for say like the 1st or second weekend in July. I'll have my GoPro and audio set up to record the entire run by then. Heck, I'm even up for doing it sooner.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:19 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by glrc6
Good idea pops.

I like the Winthrop run during the summer. Much more to look at on 20 rather then 2. Lets do the Leavenworth run in September or October like we did last time. I thought that was a really good ride.
So, all you mAnaGErs get your times off for say like the 1st or second weekend in July. I'll have my GoPro and audio set up to record the entire run by then. Heck, I'm even up for doing it sooner.
Greg,

You guys should sign up for the Leavenworth GTG in September.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:45 PM
YOU 2 SLO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default We'd like to go

We'd like to go, but will depend on the date. Right now July looks pretty good, except for the weekend of 8-10. Would also like to make the 20 loop to Winthrope.

Dave & Suzette
Old 06-13-2011, 12:04 AM
nelliestar
Instructor

Sounds good. But after July 3rd we have porkster gigs every weekend through August 14th.
Steve
Old 06-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Worthington
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like the majority is leaning towards the loop? I'd love to do that as I still have not ever driven it. I'm pretty sure being a car enthusiast and a native to the area makes that a crime.

I'm putting together a drag strip day (see other post) June 25th so that weekend is out for me (I have obligations that Sunday already) and I hope more of you make it to the track with us on the 25th!

Maybe we could aim for the first weekend of July?
Old 06-13-2011, 10:35 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Worthington
Sounds like the majority is leaning towards the loop? I'd love to do that as I still have not ever driven it. I'm pretty sure being a car enthusiast and a native to the area makes that a crime.

I'm putting together a drag strip day (see other post) June 25th so that weekend is out for me (I have obligations that Sunday already) and I hope more of you make it to the track with us on the 25th!

Maybe we could aim for the first weekend of July?
Both sound good....hopefully we will be able to make them.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:32 PM
ieatyllwcryns
Drifting

Originally Posted by Quickbrick
Anyone on the peninsula? Been thinking of washing the '73 and stretching it out for a while.
Im in Port Orchard and would love to get out for a top off ride! I will be gone to Vegas this weekend and next week to play in the World Series of Poker, but my July is pretty clear!

Would love to finally catch up with worthington and get together for a ride sometime in July as well!

Let me know what dates you are looking at Worthington!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:31 PM
ieatyllwcryns
Drifting

any ideas floatin around? I just had my Shoulder surgery #2 and am gettin cabin fever
Old 06-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Grim Reaper
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19

Originally Posted by ieatyllwcryns
any ideas floatin around? I just had my Shoulder surgery #2 and am gettin cabin fever
There's a thread on here started by glrC6 for a run to Winthrop this weekend July 3rd. Here's the link

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/paci...-july-3rd.html

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette drive

Quick Reply: Corvette drive