Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Corvette wins GT at Le Mans

Old 06-12-2011, 12:31 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Default Corvette wins GT at Le Mans

Did anybody watch the 24 hours of Le Mans. Lots of racing and majors accidents with all classes. Incredible finish this year for many of the winners. Vette took GT pro with Ferrari 2nd and BMW 3rd.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:37 PM
ramcharger
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched alot of it streamed from the passenger side A-pillar of Jake #73. Magnussen getting loose on the Al-Faisal pass was heartbreaking, so I had to switch it off for a while, but it was amazing to see Milner get around the #51 Ferrari for the lead. Great race in GT.

Tough break for Audi writing off two R18s prototypes trying to get around GT Ferraris (first time: Audi's fault, second time: Ferrari's fault), but glad to see they pulled off the victory.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:36 PM
YOU 2 SLO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes watched a lot of it and went to bed heartbroken when Magnussen crashed in the 74 car, but was pleasantly surprised when we got up and turned it on at 5:30 this morning. Wish we had seen the 73 go around the Ferrari, but whimped out and went to bed. Only wish SPEED had showed the Corvette team on the podium.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:13 AM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by YOU 2 SLO
Yes watched a lot of it and went to bed heartbroken when Magnussen crashed in the 74 car, but was pleasantly surprised when we got up and turned it on at 5:30 this morning. Wish we had seen the 73 go around the Ferrari, but whimped out and went to bed. Only wish SPEED had showed the Corvette team on the podium.
Agreed. Turned it off after Magnussen went off. The way the commentators were talking the #51 458 had the legs on the #73 C6R. Great surprise in the morning when i saw the results. Corvette also won in the GT AM class.

The 458's will be tough next year once they work the kinks out.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:05 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Thanks for the link Ramcharger.

Looks like most of us went to bed! It sounded like Ferrari had a lock but there were a few video clips of the Vette team after the race that led me to believe they were holding back.

Wish we could find a video replay of Milner passnig the Ferrari somewhere? Think I'll start searching.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Worthington
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I watched it off/on all day. Pretty sure the lady was sick of hearing about it halfway through the day lol.

I made sure to razz her father too as he drives a BMW
Old 06-13-2011, 10:41 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Worthington
I watched it off/on all day. Pretty sure the lady was sick of hearing about it halfway through the day lol.

I made sure to razz her father too as he drives a BMW

gotta love it...

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette wins GT at Le Mans

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette wins GT at Le Mans