Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Come see the "Screamin' Lizard" race this weekend for the Rose Cup!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 09:25 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Come see the "Screamin' Lizard" race this weekend for the Rose Cup!!

That's right, The Screamin' Lizard will be racing in the 2011 Rose Cup Race's this weekend.

Long time Portland Championship winning racer, Tom Hendrickson will be driving the Number 06 in both Saturday's and Sunday's race!

The Rose Cup Race will be a bit different this year as production based cars will be racing based on time classification against other production based cars.

Tom began his race career in the '70's and has achieved much success including winning the 1985 GI Joe's Gran Prix Camel GT in a 1983 Trans Am Corvette.

I'm thrilled that Tom chose a Corvette to compete in this year.

I hope to see all of you out at the Rose Cup Races cheering on a "real" Corvette this weekend!!

Old 06-15-2011, 01:47 AM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Wish I could make it. One of these days.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Zee Freak
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06

Do you guys need any crew help? I sent you a PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:44 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Good News!!

Tom Hendrickson completed a sponsorship deal with Clear for the Rose Cup Races!

So I guess we are the "Superfast Clear Corvette" for the weekend!

Old 06-15-2011, 07:32 PM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shouldn't it be:

"Super Clear Screamin' Fast Corvette Lizard"?

Great news Todd! I'd like to be there but will be working all weekend to make time for the NCM event at Virginia Raceway next weekend.

Glad I was able to help out at PR last week. The right seat time convinced me your car is similar to the Pfadt C5 based car we raced at the Thunderhill 25 a couple years ago. A ton of fun to race and lots of passing other cars. You ever going endurance racing???

Have fun!

Dean
Old 06-16-2011, 01:12 AM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by kentz06
Shouldn't it be:

"Super Clear Screamin' Fast Corvette Lizard"?

Great news Todd! I'd like to be there but will be working all weekend to make time for the NCM event at Virginia Raceway next weekend.

Glad I was able to help out at PR last week. The right seat time convinced me your car is similar to the Pfadt C5 based car we raced at the Thunderhill 25 a couple years ago. A ton of fun to race and lots of passing other cars. You ever going endurance racing???

Have fun!

Dean
Dean,

In fact that is exactly what I would eventually like to do once I get some more experience.

I've already discussed building a motor specifically for endurance racing with Louis Gigliotti (Lou's son and Crew Chief) and Tom Wong.

With a good fuel cell that would allow fast fueling, this would be a great endurance car.

Good Luck at VIR!!

Old 06-18-2011, 11:25 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Had some excitement today.

Went out in the rain for a qualifying session and my driver, Tom Hendrickson, spun at turn ten, went off track and into the tire wall. Tom was okay but the car was a bit "beat up."

Brought it back to the pits and pieced together the carnage. Nothing major, just some body panel damage and a dented wheel.

We got it back on track in time for the SCCA Regional Race. Tom put down very fast and consistent times on a drying track and pulled out a big win, lapping our closest class competitor.

Big day tomorrow with Rose Cup qualifying at noon and the Rose Cup race at 1:30.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:25 AM
88Z51
Team Owner

Received 112 Likes on 53 Posts

Here's a shot from turn 10......

Good luck tomorrow!
Old 06-19-2011, 11:06 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Default We Win!!! Ah, apparently we didn't, no we did, well, how about 2nd place...

I'm too worn out to type about it right now, but officially, we came in 2nd place in our class at the 51st running of the Rose Cup Races!!

Did we actually win? Well, let's just say that sometimes "unexplainable" things happen and you just have to "swallow" it.

Regardless, 2nd place is not bad for our first time in this race. We even got some prize money!

Old 06-20-2011, 08:30 PM
YWZ08
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OCCOMSRAZOR
I'm too worn out to type about it right now, but officially, we came in 2nd place in our class at the 51st running of the Rose Cup Races!!

Did we actually win? Well, let's just say that sometimes "unexplainable" things happen and you just have to "swallow" it.

Regardless, 2nd place is not bad for our first time in this race. We even got some prize money!

Get notified of new replies

To Come see the "Screamin' Lizard" race this weekend for the Rose Cup!!

Quick Reply: Come see the "Screamin' Lizard" race this weekend for the Rose Cup!!