Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Anyone needing a winter beater?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

Default Anyone needing a winter beater?

I'm trying to get rid of my Monte Carlo so that I don't have to move it to South Carolina with me.

House is for sale too, but I figure you all have one.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Evilash
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A friend could use a really cheap commuter.
PM me the details and I'll forward them to him.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:33 PM
MisterMidlifeCrisis
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sox-Fan, good luck with the move, and thanks again for the insulation. Glad we got to meet up, and now I'll have another acquaintance on the other side of the country!
Old 06-17-2011, 05:40 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Sox-Fan
I'm trying to get rid of my Monte Carlo so that I don't have to move it to South Carolina with me.

House is for sale too, but I figure you all have one.
Paint the Monte Carlo black, paste some #3 stickers on the doors and drive it down there. You'll get a lot more for it there than up here, don't you think?

It might help if you had some "Dale Earnhardt, Drafting With Angles" decals on the rear side windows (no kidding this is the actual spelling of the one I last saw) and wrote, "Dega Bound" on the rear window in white shoe polish.

Geez, if only those of us up here could get as enthusiastic about racing as they are down there.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

It actually is black.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/2446738435.html

The car just passed emissions last weekend, but I haven't driven it but maybe 200 miles in the last two years. Tires are all new, body and interior are real nice. runs good. Alternator, windshield, factory shifter... all new. I'd throw a set of brakes on it if I were the person buying it, because it's been parked so long. I start it regularly, but I don't drive it. Oil pan leak is a quart a month I guess, when I used to drive it regularly.

I'm not outta town yet, I'm not transferring until September. At least that is the plan. I'm just trying to get rid of some things before hand. Selling the house is going to be a pain. It's a veritable for sale sign forest up here, but so many of the houses around me are foreclosures or listed as short sells. They are so damned cheap I don't think my house is going any time soon, unfortunately.

Last edited by Sox-Fan; 06-17-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone needing a winter beater?

Quick Reply: Anyone needing a winter beater?