Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

C4 Headlight bushings - Productive day

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

Default C4 Headlight bushings - Productive day

Today I got out the FSM and looked at some threads on the C4 Forum, then went out and changed the bushings in the drivers side headlight motor. I followed the instructions and had no real problems. Now the drivers side does not make noises after opening or closing. Unfortunately the passenger side still does. I need to get more bushings and then do that side in 1/2 the time the first side took.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:45 PM
88Z51
Team Owner

Received 112 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Kmcoldcars
Today I got out the FSM and looked at some threads on the C4 Forum, then went out and changed the bushings in the drivers side headlight motor. I followed the instructions and had no real problems. Now the drivers side does not make noises after opening or closing. Unfortunately the passenger side still does. I need to get more bushings and then do that side in 1/2 the time the first side took.
I hope you used the proper nylon bushings unlike the hardware store grade bushings that some say you can use instead. When I was new to this, I took that advice and ended up doing the job over again in about a month.

Here is how the round bushings looked after about a month. But hey, I saved myself two dollars by not paying those "outrageous" prices that the Corvette specialty shops charge....
Old 06-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

I used the solid delrin bushings. I did not think that spacers would work very well. I spent the big bucks ( $6.00) and have ordered another set from Willcox so I can do the passenger side. I also ordered touch up paint for the 1992 and 2002, plus chrome sill protectors for the 1992. All items on Willcox's site are 10% off until the end of the month.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Headlight bushings - Productive day

Quick Reply: C4 Headlight bushings - Productive day