Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

track day group/association?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 11:42 AM
danh52
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Tr8er
Hi:
I am signed up for Skip Track day @ PIR on 6/1. Cheap. $250? THen two more at ORP. Next year I plan to buy teh ORP membership which makes HPDE pretty cheap. ORP site has all info.

Ralph Conradt . Bend OR
I see you live in God's country, lucky you.

My only concern with the Skip Track Day is their format. It looks like it could be a "free for all" with no classing but just open format. You would be mixing beginners with experts so speeds could be very different. If everyone plays nice it would be great but there is the possibility for chaos. I'll try to swing by either way to check it out. I should be getting my new helmet by next Wed (shipped so on the way) so this would be great to try the corvette out on the track.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:48 AM
911Tr8er
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As to God's Country you would not think so this last winter. As to free for all, that is an interesting thought. You can't pass except in designated places which at PIR has always been the front and back straights, at least with other clubs. OTOH, the reason I bought a C4 is that I would not take my sting ray out there. If the C4 gets bumped no biggie. SR, that would be a differnt thing. BTW look at the cars and drivers that are signed up. People are not going to risk the kind of machines I see listed.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:50 AM
danh52
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Tr8er
As to God's Country you would not think so this last winter. As to free for all, that is an interesting thought. You can't pass except in designated places which at PIR has always been the front and back straights, at least with other clubs. OTOH, the reason I bought a C4 is that I would not take my sting ray out there. If the C4 gets bumped no biggie. SR, that would be a differnt thing. BTW look at the cars and drivers that are signed up. People are not going to risk the kind of machines I see listed.
Hopefully I'll see you there, I'll be in a yellow C5.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:36 PM
911Tr8er
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My C4 is not ready. Last thing I had to do was put the seats in and after I did of course I tested teh seat belts whihcf did not work AT ALL. I will be driving my C7 Stingray in Laguna Blue. I will look for your yellow car. I will not be at pizza place cause my wife is gluten intolerant.

Quick Reply: track day group/association?