Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

At Michaels Chevy in Issaquah....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 03:04 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by nolimits
Laguna at Tonkin in Portland, you deserve a holiday present.
Haha if only I wasn't 15 and had $80k+ to drop on a car. Someday I'll have one though!
Old 11-26-2015, 10:10 AM
Pyro4117
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
I'll bet anywhere from an extra $10K to as high as $20K.

A local car dealer here in Olympia puts a second sticker on every new car and it show a charge for the lot boy to detail the car as it comes off the trailer, a tank of gas, and a little line item called "Additional Dealer Profit" for $250.00
That's actually not too bad. I looked at a new Jetta diesel in Olympia a couple years back. The 'Market Adjustment' amount was $2,500.
Told the salesperson I was interested in the car, but wasn't gullible enough to pay that much extra for it.

They wouldn't hear of reducing their adjustment, so I walked away and bought a used 4x4 truck.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:50 PM
C6 Snowboarder
Race Director

Received 684 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Pyro4117
That's actually not too bad. I looked at a new Jetta diesel in Olympia a couple years back. The 'Market Adjustment' amount was $2,500.
Told the salesperson I was interested in the car, but wasn't gullible enough to pay that much extra for it.

They wouldn't hear of reducing their adjustment, so I walked away and bought a used 4x4 truck.
Betcha you are happy with not buying the Jetta given the emission troubles with the cheating software.

Also - betcha there is no more added amounts on any new Volkswagen price.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:03 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Maybe they'll start dealing on the Golf R, that could make a fun DD.....
Old 11-27-2015, 11:17 AM
Pyro4117
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C6 Snowboarder
Betcha you are happy with not buying the Jetta given the emission troubles with the cheating software.

Also - betcha there is no more added amounts on any new Volkswagen price.
Meh. I'm kind of a fan of digging through the fine print and taking advantage of any loopholes I can find.

To a certain extent I admire the VW folks for getting their software to recognize the test procedure and 'tailor' the parameters that specifically.

We all know the manufacturers tune their cars to the test, VW may have leaned over the line a bit rather than just scooting up close to it, but the more ridiculous rules become, the more willing I become to test the boundaries of said rules.

It's a personality defect...

Quick Reply: At Michaels Chevy in Issaquah....