Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Take advantage of these suny days

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 10:10 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 476 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default Take advantage of these suny days

I hope that you guys are taking advantage of the nice weather to get out in your vette.

I drove the 04 to work Monday and Tuesday. The traffic was relatively lite and driving was a pleasure.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:16 AM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 909 Likes on 462 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

60 and cloudy here today, but after I finished cleaning the wheel barrels, I just had to take it out for a quick run. Only about 20 miles, but it was nice to feel the power and hear the Corsa rumble.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:50 AM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody
I drove the 04 to work Monday and Tuesday. The traffic was relatively lite and driving was a pleasure.

I thought you told us you had just retired up at Fred's Alehouse? Did they make you an offer you couldn't refuse to come back?
Old 02-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing
I thought you told us you had just retired up at Fred's Alehouse? Did they make you an offer you couldn't refuse to come back?
Well they asked me if I would stay part time for the first quarter so I am giving them Monday's & Tuesdays through the end of next month while:
(1) they dilly-dally around about replacing me and

(2) while I try to decide: C6 or used C7
Old 02-11-2016, 07:31 PM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Received 739 Likes on 334 Posts

I'd say C6 Grandsport! I tried to get out and start dipping my wheels gold for my John Player Special paint job I'm going to do this spring, but I got caught up in wicked traffic one day, and mandatory overtime the next
Old 02-12-2016, 01:39 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh well, nice weather is over!!
Our 2 clubs are getting together for a Valentines run to EOLA Winery -65 couples. Good thing we are TRUE Vetters and don't let weather stop us!!
Old 02-12-2016, 04:20 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

Nice days as an excuse to drive my Corvette?

I just rolled over 80,000 miles last week on my '08 (my commute isn't that long, about 17 miles each way). There's been 4-5 days so far this winter I haven't driven my Corvette to work - when it was cold and all the ice melt was on the roads. Now I'm less worried about that since I bought "winter" wheels & tires (Michelin Pilot A/S Plus all-season; who knew they had a Z-rated all-season tire?). I'll be working on an in-depth polish of my CCW aluminum "summer" wheels soon.

Driving my bright yellow car throughout the gloomy winter is my anti-depressant!

Glad you're enjoying your "retirement," Mark. Two days a week is a nice schedule. Can't wait to hear what you decide for your retirement present to yourself!
Old 02-12-2016, 11:34 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Ah Aaron I knew we could depend on a hard-core like you to keep up the year round tradition. It's amazing what a second set of wheels and tires gets you in the way of wet and even snow traction. I've always run a winter set on the 95 using Conti Extreme DWS

Ah yes, the great dilemma ... what to get as a retirement present. I guess that all I can say at the moment is that I am enjoying the challenge of trying to decide what the next car should be and how to store it
Old 02-13-2016, 08:16 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well they asked me if I would stay part time for the first quarter so I am giving them Monday's & Tuesdays through the end of next month while:
(1) they dilly-dally around about replacing me and

(2) while I try to decide: C6 or used C7
Hey Mark, have you driven a C7 yet?

Last edited by XC6VETTE; 02-13-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:31 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

Ah Aaron I knew we could depend on a hard-core like you to keep up the year round tradition. It's amazing what a second set of wheels and tires gets you in the way of wet and even snow traction. I've always run a winter set on the 95 using Conti Extreme DWS

Ah yes, the great dilemma ... what to get as a retirement present. I guess that all I can say at the moment is that I am enjoying the challenge of trying to decide what the next car should be and how to store it
I should have said, "I can't wait to SEE your retirement present." As to year-round driving, Athena much prefers the view out the passenger window of my 'Vette instead of the back of the Tahoe. She growls at me if I even think of heading toward the Tahoe... Talk about being coerced...
Old 02-20-2016, 07:16 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

You might consider a C6 Aero Lightweight. You wouldn't need a lift. Just install a few tie-downs in the garage and let the lines out just before it hits the ceiling. Of course there are only 41 and mine out there, but I may allow you to drive it if you don;t "bounce off" the rev limiter. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I have a rev limiter? Maybe it's just rusted from never being used.

I'm sure a C7 would be a good choice - but I think we're a year or two away, at least, before the good ones start showing up. I suggest you try Walters before the hay trucks hit the roads later this year.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:20 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing
Hey, Guys (you know who you are) I've found another Scotch guy among us. I won't disclose who it is, but if he wants to identify himself, I'll leave that up to him. He's a great guy and a Corvette owner.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:23 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes, I suppose running 8 tires and wheels on a Corvette would be helpful in adverse weather conditions, but doesn't it tend to ruin the paint on the doors and rear panels?
Old 02-20-2016, 10:42 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
I'm sure a C7 would be a good choice - but I think we're a year or two away, at least, before the good ones start showing up. I suggest you try Walters before the hay trucks hit the roads later this year.
As I approach retirement, I might be willing to consider an offer......
Old 02-21-2016, 10:42 AM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine will be available this coming Spring.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:24 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by XC6VETTE
As I approach retirement, I might be willing to consider an offer......
Approach retirement? Hahahahahah... I know about your mortgage for the Chez Hein Estate. I suspect "approach" is used in the same context as a glacier approaches the sea?

Sorry,
Old 02-21-2016, 04:27 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by fperra

Get notified of new replies

To Take advantage of these suny days

Old 02-21-2016, 04:34 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No, this Spring:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...1&d=1456090415
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2016, 03:26 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by fperra
Yea, ...ahhh .... say do you still have all of the parts so that I could put the car back to stock if I wanted
Old 02-22-2016, 04:27 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Yea, ...ahhh .... say do you still have all of the parts so that I could put the car back to stock if I wanted
Mark, Fred's car is so modified you could probably just buy the stock parts and build yourself a complete car. Fred could keep the one he drives and we'd have the perfect example of a "win-win" deal.

Quick Reply: Take advantage of these suny days