Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Fridays at Thrashers Corner?

Old 05-14-2016, 10:39 PM
Harley6
CF Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
Default Fridays at Thrashers Corner?

Back in town after spending the winter in AZ, I stopped by Taco Time on 196th in Lynnwood to see what the Friday night scene was like. One old Cougar, a 442 and two security guards. That's it.

One of the guards told me there had been problems with the car crowd the previous week and that the shopping center owners were putting a stop to the cruise night. They said most people are gathering at the Thrashers Corner Dairy Queen in Bothell.

Anyone here aware of that, and if so is it a Corvette-friendly group?

Last edited by Harley6; 05-14-2016 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:02 PM
JScott
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Went to it once last year, about 20 cars there including a few vettes. Everybody friendly.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:41 PM
Beltfedbob
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

A couple Corvettes showed up after being kicked out of Lynnwood Friday. Don't know if it will fly as traffic in that area is hell and the lot very small. Looking for a lot that can handle a crowd and not upset the locals for future meets.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:09 PM
NW94Z
CF Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley6 View Post
Back in town after spending the winter in AZ, I stopped by Taco Time on 196th in Lynnwood to see what the Friday night scene was like. One old Cougar, a 442 and two security guards. That's it.

One of the guards told me there had been problems with the car crowd the previous week and that the shopping center owners were putting a stop to the cruise night. They said most people are gathering at the Thrashers Corner Dairy Queen in Bothell.

I drive by every Friday on the way home from work. I've noticed the attendance grow over the last year maybe two. This past Friday was the most I have ever seen. Maybe 20 cars by 5ish. It is a difficult area to get into and out of though.
The following users liked this post:
Mike Gover (06-08-2019)
Old 05-21-2016, 10:47 AM
tbrenny33
CF Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by NW94Z View Post
I drive by every Friday on the way home from work. I've noticed the attendance grow over the last year maybe two. This past Friday was the most I have ever seen. Maybe 20 cars by 5ish. It is a difficult area to get into and out of though.
I grew up in thrashers, that's a tough place to go at that time. A good place to meet would be where the old Safeway was in mill creek, across from mcmenanins. The lot is currently sitting empty and could hold a lot of cars, pretty easy to access, just off of 128th and Bothell-Everett highway.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:03 PM
NW94Z
CF Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tbrenny33 View Post
I grew up in thrashers, that's a tough place to go at that time. A good place to meet would be where the old Safeway was in mill creek, across from mcmenanins. The lot is currently sitting empty and could hold a lot of cars, pretty easy to access, just off of 128th and Bothell-Everett highway.
Thrashes corner yesterday was packed. There were also about half a dozen corvettes. Mostly C5's.

Do you mean Bothell? McMenamins is in Bothell and there is an old Safeway there. Traffic there also bites.

There is another old Safeway on the other end of Bothell Everett Hwy. in Mill Creek/ South Everett that has an "Irish" bar across the parking lot that has a huge empty parking lot. That would be a better place for gathering.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:22 PM
tbrenny33
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by NW94Z View Post
Thrashes corner yesterday was packed. There were also about half a dozen corvettes. Mostly C5's.

Do you mean Bothell? McMenamins is in Bothell and there is an old Safeway there. Traffic there also bites.

There is another old Safeway on the other end of Bothell Everett Hwy. in Mill Creek/ South Everett that has an "Irish" bar across the parking lot that has a huge empty parking lot. That would be a better place for gathering.
I am talking about the lot in mill creek/ silver lake, it's empty and pretty light traffic compared to Bothell. There is also a mcmenamins there. For some reason people only know the new one in downtown Bothell but the one in mill creek has been there for years!
Old 05-21-2016, 03:34 PM
Mufflerbearing
CF Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I think the corner you are both referring to is called Murphy's Corner. It's at the intersection of 128th Ave and the Bothell-Everett Highway also called Highway 527.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:35 PM
tbrenny33
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing View Post
I think the corner you are both referring to is called Murphy's Corner. It's at the intersection of 128th Ave and the Bothell-Everett Highway also called Highway 527.
That's the one! No confusion for me! They have a nice large empty lot there.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Mike Gover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nobody in the classic car scene wants to see stupid whorevettes, stay home with ur ca

Originally Posted by Harley6 View Post

Oh oops didnt mean it, lo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fridays at Thrashers Corner?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: