Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Christmas Came Early - New Z06

Old 12-22-2016, 08:23 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Yeah, I guess it's okay.... If one likes that color and those black wheels. You know, if I really wanted one, I could do it in a heartbeat, but right now there's just too many of them around. Know what I'm saying? I saw four exactly like yours just last Tuesday, but they weren't yeIlow and I'm not sure if they were ZO6's, Actually I was going to buy one tomorrow or this weekend, but I've changed my mind. I have a friend of a friend who has a brother who sells used Peugots and Chevrolets in Alberque, ah santna f well, Tucson, who can get me one at $2500 less than invoice. And he says it's a Silverado, which is exactly the color I think I might want.

Ahhh, Aaron, my friend, you know me too well. It's spectacular and I can hardly wait to get a ride. Good on ya' mate.Congratulations.

Oh, when you get down playing around and get home, would you please either fix my ultra fast slot car so it runs forward or else change the wiring on your track?

Just sayin'

Old 12-23-2016, 12:06 AM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Way to go Aaron! Looks awesome buddy! I'm flying down to the OC next month to pic up another C5Z, only 7600 miles on it and its a beaut! MY of course!
Old 12-23-2016, 10:11 AM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 518 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by zzw26n
Congrats! Awesome write up and picture, thanks for sharing.
My pleasure - trust me, it has been!
Originally Posted by ErikwithAK01
SWEET I would be stoked, congrats!
I certainly am - I got home yesterday afternoon - 1,800 miles in five days. I'd say the car is sufficiently broken in!
Originally Posted by last901
Yeah, I guess it's okay.... If one likes that color and those black wheels. You know, if I really wanted one, I could do it in a heartbeat, but right now there's just too many of them around. Know what I'm saying? I saw four exactly like yours just last Tuesday, but they weren't yeIlow and I'm not sure if they were ZO6's, Actually I was going to buy one tomorrow or this weekend, but I've changed my mind. I have a friend of a friend who has a brother who sells used Peugots and Chevrolets in Alberque, ah santna f well, Tucson, who can get me one at $2500 less than invoice. And he says it's a Silverado, which is exactly the color I think I might want.

Ahhh, Aaron, my friend, you know me too well. It's spectacular and I can hardly wait to get a ride. Good on ya' mate.Congratulations.

Oh, when you get down playing around and get home, would you please either fix my ultra fast slot car so it runs forward or else change the wiring on your track?

Just sayin'

I SUPPOSE I could take you for a ride, but I have a hard time believing you'd be seen in a Corvette with black wheels...
Originally Posted by JETninja
Way to go Aaron! Looks awesome buddy! I'm flying down to the OC next month to pic up another C5Z, only 7600 miles on it and its a beaut! MY of course!
Someone has a C5Z with 7,600 miles? That's Corvette abuse! Poor thing probably sat in a garage wondering what it had done wrong to be ignored like that. But I bet you're happy they "saved" it for you! Congratulations - look forward to seeing it. What color is it?
Old 12-23-2016, 01:56 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

WA Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by AaronZ51

Someone has a C5Z with 7,600 miles? That's Corvette abuse! Poor thing probably sat in a garage wondering what it had done wrong to be ignored like that. But I bet you're happy they "saved" it for you! Congratulations - look forward to seeing it. What color is it?
Millennium Yellow of course! It's his 3rd 2002 Z06, and he has no idea of the valve spring issues. So I'll baby drive it home, put it away for the winter then get the valve springs change asap, get clear bra put on, and it has nice hawk wheels (18F 19R) but they are flat black so I'll have to get them powder coated gloss black. Has lots CF bits (Lip, Rear spoiler, side skirts) and Johnny O' shocks and sways. And he drives it weekly and no leaks at all. That was a big question I had to ask with so little miles....
Old 12-23-2016, 09:33 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

Way to go Aaron, car is amazing.

I got a great deal from Rick Conti in Ohio so I had the car shipped to San Diego to get my hand controls installed. It's more than I'd planned on buying but the price was right for this 2016 Z06 3LZ with the Z07 package. Before shipping, I had Rick mount Pilot Super Sport tires and ship me the Cup2 tires - didn't want to risk a cool, rainy drive home with those tires...

I picked up the car late Saturday and have been slowly driving home (but not always driving slowly!) visiting folks and enjoying the drive. Spent Sunday with my newly minted Jarhead son at Twentynine Palms Marine Base. Then met up with another friend and his '16 white Z06 for an afternoon of fun in Sacramento before getting my 500 mile oil change done. Now I'm driving Hwy. 101 through the Redwood forests. The handling, power delivery and overall comfort of this car is amazing. The A8 shifts incredibly fast & is a massive leap forward from my A6 in my 2008. 1,300 miles in three days and it's been a bonding experience! Save the wave!

Old 12-28-2016, 11:43 AM
HeyDanNiceShot
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Was great to see it on your IG and I'm looking forward to seeing it at Exotics@RTC! Great car and congrats again!!
Old 12-28-2016, 02:51 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I SUPPOSE I could take you for a ride, but I have a hard time believing you'd be seen in a Corvette with black wheels..
Oh, I assumed you'd have those "sacrificial" delivery wheels off by now and the chrome wheels installed. I can wait, I suppose.
Old 12-28-2016, 03:10 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

WA Events Coordinator

Oh, I assumed you'd have those "sacrificial" delivery wheels off by now and the chrome wheels installed. I can wait, I suppose.
You know Phil, I can find where you live and I'm real handy with a can of Black Paint!

Last edited by JETninja; 12-28-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:08 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Please no chrome wheels Aaron I dont mind chrome wheels all that much to be honest, but to me they don't fit with most brighter colors. Also maybe it's just because I'm younger, but I feel like chrome wheels don't belong on a super car. Old muscle cars, absolutely though.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:20 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by four0nefive
Please no chrome wheels Aaron I dont mind chrome wheels all that much to be honest, but to me they don't fit with most brighter colors. Also maybe it's just because I'm younger, but I feel like chrome wheels don't belong on a super car. Old muscle cars, absolutely though.
No surprise here. I think this whole chrome vs black wheels discussion predates your participation on the forum. It went on and on for some time and, obviously, has become a sort of ongoing friendly debate.

It did serve a purpose though. The premise in the original thread was to try to determine if there was an "age" component to the choice of wheels. It was thought that maybe the younger Corvette owners preferred the darker wheels and the seniors among us liked the chrome or silver-painted wheels

As a self-confessed young fellow you continue to validate the assumption.

I need to go get a job...
Old 12-28-2016, 06:00 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JETninja
You know Phil, I can find where you live and I'm real handy with a can of Black Paint!
I anticipated you, John, and so have ordered a 55-gallon drum of Black Paint Repellant/protector/supplicant/martini scented from Griots. Not inexpensive, but made of mink sperm and with relics of The True Cross floating around in the bottle. Also includes - at a small additional cost - a roll of duct tape to protect the mink sperm and, of course, "Our Best Spray Bottle"

So, my friend, have at it. Oh, but wait until after Monday will you?

What's the latest on that C5Z you found?
Old 12-28-2016, 07:25 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by HeyDanNiceShot
Was great to see it on your IG and I'm looking forward to seeing it at Exotics@RTC! Great car and congrats again!!
Thanks, Dan. I'll definitely do a couple of the E@RTC next year. Probably be the only sports car there with a Doberman riding shotgun!
I can't stand Chrome - I've had polished on my last three cars; would even consider "brushed" on this car but I don't like the brightness of chrome (and I'm not exactly a young pup either).
Originally Posted by four0nefive
Don't you worry about it none... No chrome on any of my vehicles. Nor whitewalls... Might have to do something with the stock wheels though. I washed off the 1,800 miles of road grime this morning and the Z06 wheels are just too busy - way too many nooks & crannies to get your mitt in to get them clean.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:09 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

GM Cup Wheeels from the C6 ZR1/C7 GS would do nicely:

Last edited by four0nefive; 12-28-2016 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:41 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

WA Events Coordinator

What's the latest on that C5Z you found?
Hope to be flying down south 3rd thursday next month and drive it back after visiting with lots of friends and family....all depends on the wife's work approving her vacation time...
Old 01-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Lead Foot 66
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 81 Posts

Congrats, Aaron. Now about those wheels...pink, just gotta get pink. That will freak out Phil and all those others.

Oh, wait, pink may be taken. So how about forest green??

Well, until then, enjoy!!
Old 01-04-2017, 04:18 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Lead Foot 66
Congrats, Aaron. Now about those wheels...pink, just gotta get pink. That will freak out Phil and all those others.

Are you suggesting that Pink is the New Black?
Old 01-04-2017, 11:01 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Lead Foot 66

Good to hear from you! Haven't seen you too often the last couple years. I'm going to be getting another set of wheels but not sure what I'll be getting. May stick with black but wheels that are less busy and easier to clean than the stock Z06 wheels (and show off those HUGE carbon ceramic brakes more). Maybe a smoke or brushed - I found the perfect wheels but unfortunately, they're made by HRE and I can't see myself dropping $10k just for wheels!

Aaron
Old 01-05-2017, 12:03 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Speaking of wheels, isn't it interesting that there is such a difference of opinion on what type of wheels look best on the car we agree is one of the best looking cars made.

I'm thinking that most guys my age who grew up seeing black wheels on old beat-up taxis and cars still in primer would rather drink Drano than drive a Vette with black wheels.

Nothing shows off the beauty of design of a wheel better than polished or chrome wheels...IMMHO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Christmas Came Early - New Z06