Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Official PNW-GTG for E@RTC opening day APR 1'st

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 12:34 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyDanNiceShot
A positive update from tonight's meeting - C7 Grand Sports are being let in this year! Come early and come organized! If you guys get there by 8 we'll try and park everyone together!

When I was talking to Shawn last year he told me Grand Sports were allowed along with the Z06 and ZR1s. He did not qualify his statement as to generation so I'm wondering if this is a restatement of what he told me or if only the C7 Grand Sports will be allowed this year?
Old 03-25-2017, 01:55 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Sadly at this point it looks like a rainy April 1st, hopefully it'll change.....
Old 03-27-2017, 09:07 AM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Received 739 Likes on 334 Posts

I will be keeping a close eye on the weather leading up to the day, but be prepared for it to be pushed out. As of now, everything is still on
Old 03-27-2017, 01:18 PM
HeyDanNiceShot
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing
When I was talking to Shawn last year he told me Grand Sports were allowed along with the Z06 and ZR1s. He did not qualify his statement as to generation so I'm wondering if this is a restatement of what he told me or if only the C7 Grand Sports will be allowed this year?
We've tried to be flexible with Grand Sports depending on the day. You'd be shocked how much politics goes on behind the scenes with sponsors sometimes complaining about domestic cars "watering down" the show, but partnering with Lemay has helped ease that tension quite a bit for us. As far as generation, you can likely roll in with a group on just about any day and be fine now - EXCEPT sponsor days like Porsche, Ferrari, and Lamborghini day. Still, make no mistake we love them and I think I've even got Nick (He, Jason, Tom, and I run the show now) convinced to buy a C7 Z06 next.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:32 AM
00Midnight
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I looked at forecast...70% chance right now. Will be watching daily if it changes....Maybe Friday's forecast will slide into Saturday? Partly sunny with 0% chance on Friday... :-(
Old 03-28-2017, 09:47 AM
kenthomas4
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

If we're on, I'll lead the south caravan from Maplewood Golf Course in Renton. I will be there by 7:20 and plan to leave by 7:40 AM. Right now, the weather is @ 60% so I don't have much hope.

Directions to Maplewood Golf

Last edited by kenthomas4; 03-28-2017 at 09:47 AM. Reason: time
Old 03-29-2017, 09:39 AM
kenthomas4
Pro

Back up to 70% chance of rain again!
Old 03-29-2017, 12:56 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by kenthomas4
Back up to 70% chance of rain again!
Every time I check it appears to be getting better. The forecast is pushing out so instead of Thursday/ Friday looking mostly dry it's moving to Friday/ Saturday with the rain moving in late on Saturday.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:17 PM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

It's 20-40% for the show time.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:28 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyDanNiceShot
We've tried to be flexible with Grand Sports depending on the day. You'd be shocked how much politics goes on behind the scenes with sponsors sometimes complaining about domestic cars "watering down" the show, but partnering with Lemay has helped ease that tension quite a bit for us. As far as generation, you can likely roll in with a group on just about any day and be fine now - EXCEPT sponsor days like Porsche, Ferrari, and Lamborghini day. Still, make no mistake we love them and I think I've even got Nick (He, Jason, Tom, and I run the show now) convinced to buy a C7 Z06 next.
I find this to be very interesting. I didn't realize this event involved "sponsors" other than RTC alone. So it appears to be much more involved that a "Running of the Software Developers" event. If that's what it takes to get some of those fabulous cars out on Saturday, then kudos to the organizers for putting this whole thing together and playing to the sponsors (and perhaps the merchants) at the risk of pissing off a few who think they somehow deserve pride of place with their say, supercharged Corollas. Wow, what a job and probably nothing like it outside of Dubai or at Monaco during Grand Prix weekend..

I often wonder how many people wandering around to look at the cars understand what importance, provenance, and history some of these represent? That said, I suspect there may be some confusion over the nature and reason for this event. If there is one.

Consider any one of Greg Whitten's cars. That #23 Ferrari GTO he drives in sometimes is worth more than possibly every other car that makes into the parking lot "arena". Yet,some of us feel insulted when our cars don't make center stage.

Maybe the event has outgrown itself so far as our personal expectations go. Maybe it's the classic Million dollar race cars and even the late model Ferraris and Lamborghinis that are the culprits and taking up the space some of us think we deserve. it's an interesting dilemma for some, I'm sure. In short, I'm beginning to feel as though who were expecting a "Coffee and Cars" sort of event are disappointed, even angry.

Get over it. There are plenty of more casual events to be had. If E@RTC doesn't meet your expectations, change your expectations and try to understand what's before you. Take lots of pictures too and understand the wonderful history that is there.

That said, there has been some discussion among members of this forum to maybe meet on the top of one of the adjacent parking garages. Maybe even get some coffee and share each other's company and wander down casually to see the cars that have parked in your god-given spot you staked out 4 years ago.

Never mind

Last edited by last901; 03-29-2017 at 06:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HeyDanNiceShot (03-31-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 07:03 PM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Received 739 Likes on 334 Posts

...well, it started out as a photo op for primarily us here from CF, but a few people (like 700hp who has a ZR1) will actually be in. More of a GTG with fellow enthusiasts, that also enjoy other classicly elegant, high performance sports cars. I plan on spending most of my time behind my Nikon anyways opening day is always wild though, I'm sure I'll have more than enough incentive to wander down to the actual show.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:31 PM
700HP+
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I actually feel the event is lenient about which cars they let in, being an "exotics" car event. I don't feel a ZR1 is that exotic however I'm happy to be in the show if they allow me but just as happy parking outside and walking around to see the other cars and talk to the people.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:34 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

E@RTC has officially called the April 1st opener a rain out.

The opener is now scheduled for Saturday April 8th.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:34 PM
Beltfedbob
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Good luck with the weather and E@RTC.

The Scottsdale 101 Shopping Center is on and the weather here will be in the 80's. See you in a couple months when it stops raining in Seattle :-)

500 cars expected and they let everyone in that wants to hang out!
Old 03-31-2017, 12:12 AM
HeyDanNiceShot
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

70% chance of rain as of our check at 4pm. Hopefully the 8th will cooperate more.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:51 AM
00Midnight
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Ok, new idea... Friday is going to be good weather. Anyone want to meet at BBB in Sammamish in the afternoon? (BBB-Big Block Brewing on East Lake Sammamish Parkway)
We can overwhelm John (the owner) who is a Ford Galaxie with a 390 (hence the name) owner and river...but hey he's a car guy!!
Old 03-31-2017, 09:57 AM
kenthomas4
Pro

I'd love to but I have plans in the afternoon.

Get notified of new replies

To Official PNW-GTG for E@RTC opening day APR 1'st

Old 03-31-2017, 03:44 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Beltfedbob
Good luck with the weather and E@RTC.

The Scottsdale 101 Shopping Center is on and the weather here will be in the 80's. See you in a couple months when it stops raining in Seattle :-)

500 cars expected and they let everyone in that wants to hang out!
Will need directions...
Old 03-31-2017, 03:47 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 00Midnight
Ok, new idea... Friday is going to be good weather. Anyone want to meet at BBB in Sammamish in the afternoon? (BBB-Big Block Brewing on East Lake Sammamish Parkway)
We can overwhelm John (the owner) who is a Ford Galaxie with a 390 (hence the name) owner and river...but hey he's a car guy!!
Oh, now you tell m. What time? Anyone else up for this? Jetninja?
Old 03-31-2017, 06:05 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

How about 5pm? Have to take youngest Son to get a haircut....we could come by after...

Quick Reply: Official PNW-GTG for E@RTC opening day APR 1'st