Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Official PNW-GTG for E@RTC opening day APR 1'st

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 08:22 AM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Received 739 Likes on 334 Posts
Default Official PNW-GTG for E@RTC opening day APR 1'st

[/B]https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1594206549

THE EVENT HAS BEEN RAINED OUT AGAIN!!!!! OPENING DAY HAS MOVED TO APRIL 29th!!!!

North/South convoys leaving for Redmond @ 7:30AM. If you miss the convoy, just plan on meeting us at the parking garage.

We got the ball rolling, and it is clear that a lot of people want to come, so I am starting the roll call thread here. I will keep this updated as information becomes available. Right now, it is April 1'st weather dependent, so be aware that it could be moved out a week or 2.

In previous threads we have discussed meeting up on the open air top floor of the parking garage, so that we will have enough space to do a big group photo shoot. Other than that, nothing is really planned. I will help coordinate the north end convoy there, does anybody want to handle the down south rally? Do we want to do lunch afterwards, like we have done in years past?

Feel free to post questions/answers, and I will post a list here of which people are coming for sure/maybe via CF handle on this page. Lets make it a big turn out this year!

1.) Erikwithak01 (North caravan)
2.) NW94Z (North caravan)
3.) 700HP+ (North caravan)
4.) ExRedRacer (Nouth caravan)
5.) Kenthomas4 (South caravan)
6.) UknowWho18 (North caravan)
7.) Mr.Peabody (North caravan)
8.) 00Midnight
9.) Derv1275
10.) AaronZ51
11.) JETninja
12.) 05millenium (North caravan)
13.) 919cw313 (North caravan)
14.)
15.)

Last edited by ErikwithAK01; 04-21-2017 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:25 AM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ErikwithAK01
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1594206549

I posted this in the C5 General forum first, mostly because I got so many responses the first time around there, but I will likely post this in the other general forums as well.

We got the ball rolling, and it is clear that a lot of people want to come, so I am starting the roll call thread here. I will keep this updated as information becomes available. Right now, it is April 1'st weather dependent, so hlbe aware that it could be moved out a week or 2.

In previous threads we have discussed meeting up on the open air top floor of the parking garage, so that we will have enough space to do a big group photo shoot. Other than that, nothing is really planned. I will help coordinate the north end convoy there, does anybody want to handle the down south rally? Do we want to do lunch afterwards, like we have done in years past?

Feel free to post questions/answers, and I will post a list here of which people are coming for sure/maybe via CF handle on this page. Lets make it a big turn out this year!

1.) Erikwithak01 (North caravan)
I still plan to come down. I'll be coming out of Mill Creek so the north end of town.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:29 AM
700HP+
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in and coming from South Seattle.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:12 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

I'm in...coming from the south end.

If anyone else is coming from here...NE Tacoma, Federal Way, Auburn, Kent, we could meet up at the Park n Ride off 272nd by I-5 and cruise in from there...
Old 03-03-2017, 09:19 AM
kenthomas4
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm in, weather permitting as well and will be happy to lead a group out of Renton from the Maple Wood golf course. Lunch sounds great.

Last edited by kenthomas4; 03-03-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:31 AM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Hey Nw94z, do you want to meet up at the north end meeting spot? We typically meet at the Woodinville Costco, and truck in from there.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:05 AM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Hey Nw94z, do you want to meet up at the north end meeting spot? We typically meet at the Woodinville Costco, and truck in from there.
Exactly. The Woodinville Costco has been the staging point for many RTC visits. It makes for a nice little drive through "wine" country on the way to RTC.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:26 AM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Old 03-04-2017, 11:45 AM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

What time would that be?
Old 03-04-2017, 12:05 PM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Well I guess we have to figure out who wants to be in the show, that is eligible, and who wants to do a later caravan, since I'm sure the majority of us won't make the cut this year??? I imagine we would meet up at our respective convoy locations, and leave at 7:30. That would put us at the show right at 8, which is when the show technically starts. We are going to be out of the way up on top of the parking garage, so it won't matter much if we get there right when it opens.

Last edited by ErikwithAK01; 03-04-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:13 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Well I guess we have to figure out who wants to be in the show, that is eligible, and who wants to do a later caravan, since I'm sure the majority of us won't make the cut this year??? I imagine we would meet up at our respective convoy locations, and leave at 7:30. That would put us at the show right at 8, which is when the show technically starts. We are going to be out of the way up on top of the parking garage, so it won't matter much if we get there right when it opens.
It's going to be very crowded opening day and if they fill the section of road (now closed off to cars) that runs between the two halves of the mall then accessing the garage the traditional way is likely to be complicated. It will be best to approach the parking garage from the backside (south). I think arriving at 8 is a good compromise on time. Not to early not to late. It might make sense to coordinate with the southern convoy right before pulling into RTC so that everyone that is going to park in the parking garage knows where and how best to get in there. Basically one last meet up in Redmond to bring us all together before we drive in. Or we could just post pictures in this thread with arrows. Those that are part of the convoys that can or want to try and get in the show can split off at RTC and make arrangements with the volunteers to park in the designated areas. Those that want to get there earlier or later that plan to enter the show will do so at their discretion. I suggest we just focus this thread on arranging the convoys to RTC and parking on the parking garage structure.

Last edited by NW94Z; 03-04-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:47 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

I'm going to meet you all at the Costco in Woodinville at whatever time is determined as I've done several times in the past. I don't mind the little extra drive up there at all.

If anyone from down here in the South Sound area wants to do the same, we can still meet up at the 272nd street park and ride for a nice cruise together to meet the northern group in Woodinville.

It WILL be a nice, clear, dry, sunny day. I hope.

Last edited by ExRedRacer; 03-04-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:56 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ExRedRacer
I'm going to meet you all at the Costco in Woodinville at whatever time is determined as I've done several times in the past. I don't mind the little extra drive up there at all.

If anyone from down here in the South Sound area wants to do the same, we can still meet up at the 272nd street park and ride for a nice cruise together to meet the northern group in Woodenville.

It WILL be a nice, clear, dry, sunny day. I hope.
This would simplify things.

Amen on the weather. It's been a very wet winter.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:54 PM
UKnowWho18
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Weather permitting, i.e not raining, I'm coming up from SW WA. I'm new to this Corvette game and looking forward to meet others with the same passion.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:43 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Originally Posted by UKnowWho18
Weather permitting, i.e not raining, I'm coming up from SW WA. I'm new to this Corvette game and looking forward to meet others with the same passion.
Welcome!

If you like, we can meet at the Park 'n Ride on the west side of I-5 off the 272nd Street exit approximately 45 minutes before the meet-up time at the Costco in Woodinville to hook up with the 'northern' group.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:34 PM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Originally Posted by NW94Z
It's going to be very crowded opening day and if they fill the section of road (now closed off to cars) that runs between the two halves of the mall then accessing the garage the traditional way is likely to be complicated. It will be best to approach the parking garage from the backside (south). I think arriving at 8 is a good compromise on time. Not to early not to late. It might make sense to coordinate with the southern convoy right before pulling into RTC so that everyone that is going to park in the parking garage knows where and how best to get in there. Basically one last meet up in Redmond to bring us all together before we drive in. Or we could just post pictures in this thread with arrows. Those that are part of the convoys that can or want to try and get in the show can split off at RTC and make arrangements with the volunteers to park in the designated areas. Those that want to get there earlier or later that plan to enter the show will do so at their discretion. I suggest we just focus this thread on arranging the convoys to RTC and parking on the parking garage structure.
I agree entirely. We should find a secondary location near/on the town center grounds that we can meet up at, and file into the parking lot from the least busy entrance.

If anyone knows the place real well, they can lead the pack on the final leg. If no one wants to take on the responsibility, I can scout out the area thoroughly the night before, and head that part if necessary (graveyard shift is good for some things )

It sounds like we have several people that are cool with a 7:30am convoy leave time, does anyone object to this time???

Last edited by ErikwithAK01; 03-04-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:37 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

I agree entirely. We should find a secondary location near/on the town center grounds that we can meet up at, and file into the parking lot from the least busy entrance.

If anyone knows the place real well, they can lead the pack on the final leg. If no one wants to take on the responsibility, I can scout out the area thoroughly the night before, and head that part if necessary (graveyard shift is good for some things )
Read posts #12 and #13.

Get notified of new replies

To Official PNW-GTG for E@RTC opening day APR 1'st

Old 03-04-2017, 08:52 PM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Well you are meeting people at that park n ride way early, if you are going to meet up with us for the Woodinville convoy. I can't picture that one off the top of my head, what city is it located in? Easy access to the freeway? Enough space to maneuver for possibly 20 people? Is it near RTC?

I have traditionally driven the extra length to meet up with the south group at the Maplewood golf course to rally in and that is WAY extra far for me! I'm coming from Marysville! That time so early in the morning, is like the percect tome for driving anyways no traffic, sun in coming up, you can see cops for miles lol.

Last edited by ErikwithAK01; 03-04-2017 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:12 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Well you are meeting people at that park n ride way early, if you are going to meet up with us for the Woodinville convoy. I can't picture that one off the top of my head, what city is it located in? Easy access to the freeway? Enough space to maneuver for possibly 20 people? Is it near RTC?

I have traditionally driven the extra length to meet up with the south group at the Maplewood golf course to rally in and that is WAY extra far for me! I'm coming from Marysville! That time so early in the morning, is like the percect tome for driving anyways no traffic, sun in coming up, you can see cops for miles lol.
Joe is suggesting bringing the southern group up in time to meet with the northern group at the Woodinville Costco in time to depart at 7:30 and travel as one convoy to RTC. This way it's follow the leader to the top of the parking garage structure. I'm pretty familiar with RTC and the layout so I don't mind leading from Costco to RTC.

I'll actually plan a route through Redmond that hopefully minimizes the possibilities of separating the group so nobody gets left behind and lost. In fact depending on the size of the group we could even space people that are familiar with the area amongst the convoy so if we do get separated due to something like traffic signals there will still be someone that can lead the way.

It would also be easy to put together a very simple map of RTC pinpointing the parking garage that we could hand out at RTC. I feel like this is starting to get a little complicated though for a meetup at RTC.
The following users liked this post:
ErikwithAK01 (03-05-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 10:20 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Hey Erik, it's exit 147 in Kent. It's a huge park & ride and is right next to the freeway (west side).

Of course if other southenders want to meet there or somewhere else down here and go straight to the RTC, that's great too, no worries. But as for me and my little blue Vette, we'll be at the Costco Woodinville at 7:30 am.

According to Google, it's about a 35 minute trip from the Kent p&r to that Costco, so I'll be leaving there right at 6:50 or so.

Now somebody please call Steve Pool and put in an order for a nice, clear, sunny, dry day.

Last edited by ExRedRacer; 03-06-2017 at 04:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ErikwithAK01 (03-05-2017)

Quick Reply: Official PNW-GTG for E@RTC opening day APR 1'st