Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

CMCS all Corvette Show at XXX Root Beer: Sunday 8/27/2017 Issaquah, WA

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 05:41 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by JETninja
Aaron is not an old fart like you two......
Maybe not, but he hopes to be someday.... may as well get the chrome wheels while they're still made and have not gone the way of the CD player and mirrors you have to adjust manually.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:12 PM
kawils2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default "Most Outrageous" Trophy added for show.

With some of the Corvettes we've seen around lately we've decided to add one more Trophy to the show for "Most Outrageous". Yeh, Yeh - It's a controversial category, but you know one when you see one!

Premium Parking Spots are all taken now, but regular spots are still available. You can pre-register up until 8/15/2017. Registration form is attached:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
2017 XXX Entry Form NP.doc (77.5 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by kawils2; 08-02-2017 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Premium Spots are all taken. Regular still available.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:46 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Display, presentation rules

Hey, Mike,

Like many who attend the shows at the XXX and others, is it really necessary for the entrants to have their hoods open prior or after judging?

I often take lots of photos at most shows I attend and find pictures of cars with their hoods up really don;t lend themselves well to photography.

If your judging procedure includes engine compartments that's fine but can't you figure out some way to leave the hood close until time to judge?
Old 06-30-2017, 05:42 PM
RRRRED
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Open or close your hood as you may desire

Originally Posted by last901
Hey, Mike,

Like many who attend the shows at the XXX and others, is it really necessary for the entrants to have their hoods open prior or after judging?

I often take lots of photos at most shows I attend and find pictures of cars with their hoods up really don;t lend themselves well to photography.

If your judging procedure includes engine compartments that's fine but can't you figure out some way to leave the hood close until time to judge?
Opening your hood is your choice. The show is judged by the participants, and there is no requirement to open your hood. If you have something to show off, feel free to open it. I personally leave my hood closed as I think the car shows better that way. Just do whatever you think will get you the most votes.
The following users liked this post:
last901 (06-30-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 05:49 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RRRRED
Opening your hood is your choice. The show is judged by the participants, and there is no requirement to open your hood. If you have something to show off, feel free to open it. I personally leave my hood closed as I think the car shows better that way. Just do whatever you think will get you the most votes.
Glad to know this is an option and on behalf of other casual photographers who enjoy this annual event, it can only mean better photos.

Thanks for getting out the word.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:51 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by kawils2
With some of the Corvettes we've seen around lately we've decided to add one more Trophy to the show for "Most Outrageous". Yeh, Yeh - It's a controversial category, but you know one when you see one!

There are just a few premium parking places left for the show so get your pre-registration in if you want one of the best parking spaces. Registration form is here: http://corvettemarqueclub.com/Downlo...4600000000.pdf
I like this idea...
Old 06-30-2017, 06:30 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

I'm lost. What's outrageous about the C2 Grand Sport replica? Last time I checked Corvettes were performance cars and that's exactly what that car is...
Old 06-30-2017, 09:50 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Received 412 Likes on 215 Posts

Hey, Mike,

Originally Posted by RRRRED
It's the only time I get to show off the painted pieces. Don't take that away from me.

But I do agree the hoods block the photography when you are trying to take good exterior shots.
kawils2 (07-01-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 11:34 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by four0nefive
I'm lost. What's outrageous about the C2 Grand Sport replica? Last time I checked Corvettes were performance cars and that's exactly what that car is...
Exactly? Not really, though it is a pretty good pretty decent replica from all I've read about it. What would you do with it if you had one?

I guess this is one of those things that will eventually come around as you age and remember the "real cars" of your youth. Whatever they may turn out to be. That's one of the reasons I proudly own a Corvette.

What might you think in 20 years if some quasi manufacturer offered a replica of, say, an F40 Ferrari? Would you consider that an abomination or another opportunity to buy something that looks old, and costs more than a new model Ferrari off the showroom floor?

I really enjoy your enthusiasm for performance cars and for your ever improving photography. I think the only thing you might be missing is the passion and perspective excitement that us old folks enjoyed when things like the '63 Corvette was introduced and pot was somehing our mother's used to cook dinner

Keep up what you're doing...Hanging out with us Corvette guys though is likely to make you feel like you're meeting your grandfather's buddies every other weekend.

Have you ever considered starting a book about what it's like to hang out with a bunch of car guys who used to have old beaters, used Army blankets for seat covers, painted their rims red and lusted after a full set of Oldsmobile Fiesta spinner hubcaps?

I'll bet mufflerbearing and A few other guys could explain how it was back in the day.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:05 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Exactly? Not really, though it is a pretty good pretty decent replica from all I've read about it. What would you do with it if you had one?

I guess this is one of those things that will eventually come around as you age and remember the "real cars" of your youth. Whatever they may turn out to be. That's one of the reasons I proudly own a Corvette.

What might you think in 20 years if some quasi manufacturer offered a replica of, say, an F40 Ferrari? Would you consider that an abomination or another opportunity to buy something that looks old, and costs more than a new model Ferrari off the showroom floor?

I really enjoy your enthusiasm for performance cars and for your ever improving photography. I think the only thing you might be missing is the passion and perspective excitement that us old folks enjoyed when things like the '63 Corvette was introduced and pot was somehing our mother's used to cook dinner

Keep up what you're doing...Hanging out with us Corvette guys though is likely to make you feel like you're meeting your grandfather's buddies every other weekend.

Have you ever considered starting a book about what it's like to hang out with a bunch of car guys who used to have old beaters, used Army blankets for seat covers, painted their rims red and lusted after a full set of Oldsmobile Fiesta spinner hubcaps?

I'll bet mufflerbearing and A few other guys could explain how it was back in the day.

I get what you're saying and I'm not the biggest fan of replicas either (especially if it was an F40, I do want a real one though), but my point was that it wasn't ridiculous. The other pictures of those Corvettes, I fully agree were ridiculous, but not the Grand Sport replica.

If I had one, it would most likely see the track. It probably wouldn't be too bad with a dry sump LS7, full suspension, and the right tires.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:31 PM
kawils2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default "Most Outrageous"

Originally Posted by four0nefive
That's why "Most Outrageous" is a somewhat controversial category. When I was in my teens way back when an "outrageous"car was typically a ground pounding monster build capable of all sorts of mayhem. Outrageous is a broad & I hope fun category. Hopefully the winner will find it a compliment, not an insult, no matter what they are showing/driving, as long as it's a Corvette.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:32 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Ammo
Everyone on here has a Vette and a few bucks to share....let's see all of them show up and enter. Especially Phil, he's got to knock the cob webs off that unique 1 off torch red sometime.
It just doesn't seem right to enter a class when there were only 42 examples made. My nearest competitor is in southern California.

Cobwebs? I've got so much mink sperm wax on that car that no web of any type will adhere to it.

Besides, I poured some kitty litter in the driveway when it snowed last winter and I don't feel like digging all the cat turds out of my tire treads. Next time I'm going to use fresh litter straight from the bag.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:13 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

Just for you Phil.

Last edited by AmmoVet; 07-02-2017 at 03:14 PM.
kawils2 (07-03-2017)
Old 07-02-2017, 03:19 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Just for you Phil.

https://youtu.be/gzAo-_dx23c
I am honored, Mike. I think I'll enter now and have every door, hood, hatch and window open
Old 07-02-2017, 03:20 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Just for you Phil.

https://youtu.be/gzAo-_dx23c
Great shot. BTW what kind of car was that in the background?
Old 07-04-2017, 12:07 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Great shot. BTW what kind of car was that in the background?
As far as I know every car was a Vette. What background shot?
Old 07-19-2017, 07:47 PM
kawils2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Here are what the trophies look like for 2017

Here are what the trophies look like for 2017. We will be awarding 48 of them this year for the various categories outlined in this thread earlier.

Consider pre-registering for this event by printing out & completing the registration form which is available on the CMCS Website here: http://corvettemarqueclub.com/Downlo...4600000000.pdf

I'm also attaching the registration form below! It will save you some time the morning of the show if you pre-register.

Attached Files
2017 XXX Entry Form NP.doc (77.5 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by kawils2; 08-02-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To CMCS all Corvette Show at XXX Root Beer: Sunday 8/27/2017 Issaquah, WA

Old 07-30-2017, 11:59 PM
kawils2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default All Premium Spots are Taken.

The 35 Premium Parking Spots are all taken at this time, however you can continue to pre-register at the $25 Level up until 8/15/2017. Right now there are 45 Corvettes pre-registered.

Pre-registering will save you some time the day of the show, so get those forms in the mail! See you there!

Registration Form is attached.
Attached Files
2017 XXX Entry Form NP.doc (77.5 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by kawils2; 08-02-2017 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Attach Form
Old 08-04-2017, 09:35 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

The bags are stuffed and raffle prizes are showing up at Kevin's house, only a matter of time now. Start getting those vettes ready.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:19 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

The bags are stuffed and raffle prizes are showing up at Kevin's house, only a matter of time now. Start getting those vettes ready.
Mike,

I have a few things to donate, per our conversations over the past few months. Nothing really big, but let me know.
kawils2 (08-11-2017)

Quick Reply: CMCS all Corvette Show at XXX Root Beer: Sunday 8/27/2017 Issaquah, WA