Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

The Build & Delivery Dates are on the Calendar

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 09:22 PM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronZ51
Updates? Did you make it to Spring Mountain mid-May as you'd planned?
Yep! A terrific facility and great instructors. Nice introduction to the Z06's track worthiness given my decade away from the track. As luck would have it, Ron Fellows was at the facility and stopped by our graduation for a short Q&A session and the class photo...
Ron - middle between the ladies, Richy - far left back row, me - far right customer back row.

Funny side note to Spring Mtn, our head Instructor was Richy Hearns, he was my SCCA License Instructor at Bob Bondurant in 1996 just before he got his seat in IndyCar. Small world as they say.

The trip home turned out to be a 3450 mile run from Bowling Green back to Chelan. Z06 is now well broken in.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:32 AM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

Sounds like your whole trip was an awesome experience and a great way to get those first 500 miles out of the way plus another 3,000+ to boot. I'm heading to Spring Mountain in three weeks and really looking forward to it - plus a nice road trip back up the California coast as an added bonus.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:01 AM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Sounds like your whole trip was an awesome experience and a great way to get those first 500 miles out of the way plus another 3,000+ to boot. I'm heading to Spring Mountain in three weeks and really looking forward to it - plus a nice road trip back up the California coast as an added bonus.
I have no doubt that you will have a great time at Spring Mtn. and the drive up the coast should be fun - although maybe a little slow this time of year do to vacationer/RV traffic.

I decided to save my coastal drive for my return trip from Laguna Seca in September - taking the Z06 down for the IMSA races and a little socializing.

Old 06-01-2017, 08:50 PM
Rogue C6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aaron, I hope your plan is not going on highway 1 through Big Sur. Hwy 1 is closed at Mud Creek for possibly as much as a year. They have had several slides there recently. It is between Ragged Point and Gorda. http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...ndslide-grows/

There are other issues also. Pfeiffer bridge is closed for repairs. http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/...309-story.html

I was down in that area for Christmas and it was clear. Not so anymore.

I hope this helps and I am sorry to highjack this thread.

BTW... you both have awesome Z06s!
Old 06-01-2017, 09:47 PM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Rogue C6
Aaron, I hope your plan is not going on highway 1 through Big Sur. Hwy 1 is closed at Mud Creek for possibly as much as a year. They have had several slides there recently. It is between Ragged Point and Gorda. http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...ndslide-grows/

There are other issues also. Pfeiffer bridge is closed for repairs. http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/...309-story.html

I was down in that area for Christmas and it was clear. Not so anymore.

I hope this helps and I am sorry to highjack this thread.

BTW... you both have awesome Z06s!
Good info for both of us I'm sure!

I use many state Road Condition App's when I plan my travels. I use the Trip Planning online application Furkot.com. The CalTrans App does show the road closures you noted.

Last edited by DRTBYK; 06-01-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:18 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by DRTBYK
I have no doubt that you will have a great time at Spring Mtn. and the drive up the coast should be fun - although maybe a little slow this time of year do to vacationer/RV traffic.

I decided to save my coastal drive for my return trip from Laguna Seca in September - taking the Z06 down for the IMSA races and a little socializing.

Can anyone attend this? I have a client I should visit in Monterey so would be a good excuse to go down there.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:22 AM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Sure. Just contact the NCM, either online or via phone, to make your reservation. Race weekend so there will be lots of folks in the area.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:33 PM
Rogue C6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DRTBYK
Good info for both of us I'm sure!

I use many state Road Condition App's when I plan my travels. I use the Trip Planning online application Furkot.com. The CalTrans App does show the road closures you noted.
Cool, just did not want it to be a surprise.

Quick Reply: The Build & Delivery Dates are on the Calendar