Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

The Build & Delivery Dates are on the Calendar

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 11:42 AM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default The Build & Delivery Dates are on the Calendar

My Yellow Z06 with 3LT & Z07 packages is ordered. My Engine Build date is 24 APR with Final Assembly on 25-26 APR. NCM Delivery is scheduled for 8 MAY.

After taking delivery, I'll be swapping the PSC2's to PSS's for the ride home. This was a bit of a soar spot in the order process since once you select the Z07 package, you cannot select PSS tires. Called GM Rep to discuss (I know, go ahead and laugh) and was told there was no way to change the options within the Z07 Package. OK, I'm over it - mostly. I'll have the PSC2's shipped home.

After departing Bowling Green, I'll be heading to Nashville (Franklin), TN, for a 90% Body Wrap (Xpel) and CQFinest glaze. That should keep the Z06 looking decent for some time.

Back on the road, with the first oil change planned for OKC. Seems it's a rather straight shot from there to Pahrump, NV. Soooo, Spring Mountain seems like a good stop over for a few days to get 'track' acquainted with the Z06. It's been 17yrs since I raced SCCA Solo1 and Hill Climbs - I've been riding an Adventure Motorcycle around the world. I'd like to think I can still drive a performance car - fast.

After Spring Mountain, It turns out that the Nevada Open Road Challenge is just about to start. So I'm planning to stop by and say hello to some old friends. Maybe even volunteer (cars to new to run - next year!) as a Course Worker (Gate Keeper).

I suppose I'll have to head home eventually but one really shouldn't be in a hurry. Looking forward to enjoying the new Z06.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:40 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 457 Likes on 323 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Sounds like a great time and a busy trip. I think that's the third new C7 Z06 in the Yellow reported here recently. Must be something in the air. one in WA and one in OR and you make 3 where ever you are located.

I assume they are going to take off the Black delivery rims before you pick it up? Sorry, just a little jab happens on this board

Congratulations and have a great trip.
Post pictures when you can.

Edit - You are still in Chelan, Wa? If you are, there is a Wenatchee Valley Corvette Show coming up end of April. If you want to take a look at some vettes. Just click on event, believe the show part is Saturday.
http://wenatcheevalleycorvetteclub.com/events/

Last edited by NOWUCME; 03-25-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:15 PM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NOWUCME
Sounds like a great time and a busy trip. I think that's the third new C7 Z06 in the Yellow reported here recently. Must be something in the air. one in WA and one in OR and you make 3 where ever you are located.

I assume they are going to take off the Black delivery rims before you pick it up? Sorry, just a little jab happens on this board

Congratulations and have a great trip.
Post pictures when you can.

Edit - You are still in Chelan, Wa? If you are, there is a Wenatchee Valley Corvette Show coming up end of April. If you want to take a look at some vettes. Just click on event, believe the show part is Saturday.
http://wenatcheevalleycorvetteclub.com/events/
I'm partial to black and yellow. I like to use my vehicles as they were intended and although I like my vehicles to look nice, I'm not a "show" car person - no chrome or polished rims here.

Re: the WVCC, I was aware of the show at the Dam (Rocky Reach). If I'm back from Bowling Green I'll stop in.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:13 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

Sounds like a great trip back from the Museum. I picked up a 2016 Z06 w/Z07 package in December in yellow, just like you ordered yours - had the dealership mount MPSS and ship the Cup2 tires to me - just arrived last week so I need to post them for sale here soon.

Book your Spring Mountain trip soon - they've been filling up fast prior to the summer heat hitting. I'll be making my way to the new Z06 owner's experience in the latter part of June.

Have a great trip back!
Old 03-25-2017, 10:05 PM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the info AaronZ51. I've been watching the "Seats Remaining" posting at Spring Mountain but I can't commit there until GM releases my Z06 to the NCM.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:01 PM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received my VIN # today...

I'll be in Bowling Green next week.

Last edited by DRTBYK; 04-18-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:18 PM
Todds427
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Just an FYI, I also have a Z06 and the PSS are terrible tires unless you drive like a grandpa! NO TRACTION at all! the PSC2 are a better tire for traction they just don't last as long. I just switched to Pirellis and they are far superior to Michelins IMO. Good luck.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:01 PM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the input...

I'm 68 years old - but don't drive like a "grandpa" - and I have a few road coarse competition miles behind me. Not being a sunshine-only driver, I think the PSS's will do much better on the street than the PSC2 - no point in burning up a set of 'track' tires just for the 2500mi drive home.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:04 AM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

By the way, since I received my VIN yesterday, I was able to lock in my Spring Mtn. date, 15-16 May, on my way home. Now if only the car had more miles on it by then, the Nevada Open Road Challenge is at the end of that week.

Last edited by DRTBYK; 04-19-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:49 AM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DRTBYK
By the way, since I received my VIN yesterday, I was able to lock in my Spring Mtn. date, 15-16 May, on my way home. Now if only the car had more miles on it by then, the Nevada Open Road Challenge is at the end of that week.
Mapquest shows 1,909 miles between Bowling Green and Pahrump, NV. so your motor will be broken in. I would have the oil changed at some point if you plan any hard driving.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:17 AM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing
Mapquest shows 1,909 miles between Bowling Green and Pahrump, NV. so your motor will be broken in. I would have the oil changed at some point if you plan any hard driving.
That's if you go in a straight line (OK, I-40). I'll be doing more non-Interstate driving in order to more properly break-in the system.

I have two 'oil' stops planned: one at ~500mi to drop the factory oil and then at ~2000mi.

I'll save the NORC & SSC for next year. I'm a pretty quick study when it comes to driving an unfamiliar car fast but it has been 10yrs, two wheeling around the world, since my last track car.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:18 PM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Just found out that my Buyers Tour Dinner next Tuesday is with Mike Michelon, Global Supply Chain Director. Once upon a time, I was a Mfg. Eng. so hopefully we'll have some good discussion over dinner. The Engine Build Experience and Buyers Tour is going to be such fun - happy that GM reinstated the program.

Last edited by DRTBYK; 04-21-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:53 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 457 Likes on 323 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by DRTBYK
Just found out that my Buyers Tour Dinner next Tuesday is with Mike Michelon, Global Supply Chain Director. Once upon a time, I was a Mfg. Eng. so hopefully we'll have some good discussion over dinner. The Engine Build Experience and Buyers Tour is going to be such fun - happy that GM reinstated the program.
Yes, sounds like a lot of fun and the great trip you have planned couldn't be much better. Ask Mike why they are still making so many of those automatics and the chrome wheels. To each his own I guess but would be interested in his view.

Have a safe trip, hope you have good weather and enjoy the car. I'm sure you will. Nice Bio on your signature, the vette will probably feel like a luxury but I'm sure you will still make it a lot of fun.

Last edited by NOWUCME; 04-21-2017 at 08:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DRTBYK (04-21-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 10:02 AM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Engine's built and Hot Tested... Great experience. Kai Spande and several of his mgt. Team stopped by several times during the day to see how things were going and chat - excellent customer focus. Was able to do the complete build myself with only one test failure - do to the test station. We moved over to the 'regular' line and retested GREEN. Finished off with the Cold Test and then they ran a Hot Test for me - not normally done for A8's since this station is where they do the balancing on the M7 flywheel/clutch assembly. They ran the hot test once with the exhaust connected and then ran it for me with the exhaust off - beautiful sound. Finished the build a couple of hours early. Kai stopped by to thank me for my patronage and asked for my thoughts on the PBC - management does truly appear to be focused on producing a quality product.

Back today for the Customer Build Tour and watch the new YELLOW Z06 come together.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:02 PM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

The Yellow Z06 (Z07, 3LT) has been produced. At 1:42PM CDT today I started my car for its drive off of the 'line'. Now, if only they can get the car through all of the final testing & inspections today, I might have a chance of getting a Vehicle Invoice generated before Sunday midnight: at least that's what Kai Spande told me. We'll see - fingers crossed.

If you are going to buy a 2018 Z06, you owe it to yourself to purchase the PBC & PD5: Engine Build Experience & Buyers Tour. What a great experience having a day to build your own engine and then seeing the car assembled over the next two days. At every station along the production line, line workers would acknowledge my presence knowing they were about to work on my Corvette. Many would come over to me to shake my hand, and in all sinsarity, congratulate me on my new car and thank me for my business.

Wonderful people producing an amazing product.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:11 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you for sharing your experiences - it sounds awesome. I'd love to do this someday.

Post pics of your new ride when you have a chance. We can't have too many yellow Corvettes in the PNW!
Old 04-26-2017, 04:33 PM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by AaronZ51
Thank you for sharing your experiences - it sounds awesome. I'd love to do this someday.

Post pics of your new ride when you have a chance. We can't have too many yellow Corvettes in the PNW!
I take delivery at the NCM on 8 MAY, first thing in the morning - might be a tad early for PNW folks but I expect I'll be driving out of the NCM around 11:30AM CDT - so check the NCM Webcam

Last edited by DRTBYK; 04-26-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To The Build & Delivery Dates are on the Calendar

Old 04-28-2017, 11:39 AM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Made it with a few days to spare. My Dealer received the Invoice on my Z06 yesterday morning - one day after Production Complete. This could have only happened with the help of Kai Spande. I'm now eligible for the J57 Rebate.

Now what would a true Z06 (Z07) owner do with a windfall $5K? A rhetorical question, you spend it at Spring Mountain getting enough seat time to renew your lapsed-SCCA Comp License of course.

Thank you Kai!!!

More eye candy...

Me (ego) starting the Z06 for it's drive off of the Production Line.

My Z06 on its way to Wheel Alignment and final round of Testing and QC.

Last edited by DRTBYK; 04-28-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:17 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

Looks like a great experience. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:41 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Updates? Did you make it to Spring Mountain mid-May as you'd planned?

Quick Reply: The Build & Delivery Dates are on the Calendar