Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Turned some wrenches and got my hands a little dirty today :-)

Old 04-14-2017, 07:25 PM
XmentalPilot
Drifting

Location: "Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Turned some wrenches and got my hands a little dirty today :-)

Around thanksgiving I bought a super nice 2000 FRC with 17K miles. I've kind of been patiently waiting for some better wx to do a couple of minor mods... A couple of weeks ago I upgraded the shifter, I went with the B&M C5/C6 Sport Shifter. I've used the B&M before on 2 of my earlier C5's. The Sport shifter claims a 30% reduction in throw, plus it has a rubber isolated lever like the OEM.
I've also upgrade the TOONZ to a Kenwood w/Bluetooth and MP3 capability.
Today I installed a new Corsa Extreme Cat-Back exhaust quad 4" tips.. new x-pipe included. I grabbed a buddy of mine and we took the car to a DIY garage off Adams St. in South Tacoma, removed the wimpy factory mufflers and cut the H-pipe out... The car was on a lift and I thought I'd save the stock mufflers to pay forward to someone in need of a nice set (only 17K miles) I could not get the over axle pipes to clear... I had the *** end of the car hanging over the end of the lift... even used a jack to lift the back end some... but I got frustrated and cut the pipes clear. other than that... the job took 2 hours including clean up and I had a warm dry shop with a awesome lift to work under..$20 an hour plus tax!!!
I love the Corsas!! I've had Billy Boats and Borla Stinger on my other cars (I was actually shopping for Stingers when I found a great deal on the Corsas) The Extemes sound as good as the Stingers "on the throttle" but the surprise was that they are that not at all bad at cruising speed with partial throttle... I have a partition and that may help keep the rumble down a bit... but so far, I'm liking the new pipes a lot!!!

XmP

Last edited by XmentalPilot; 04-14-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turned some wrenches and got my hands a little dirty today :-)