Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Moving to Seattle Area

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 05:48 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by NofakeJake
Can you imagine owning 3 or 4 Exotics in Redmond
Not really,Mike.Tell us, what's it like?
Old 06-03-2017, 03:59 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Can you imagine owning 3 or 4 Exotics in Redmond
Actually interestingly, I know a guy who lives in the Bellevue/Redmond area and was considering a McLaren 12C. Needless to say, he ended up buying a 996 Turbo instead and decided to move into a bigger house instead.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:31 PM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by kenthomas4
Fortunately being in Black Diamond I am exempt from RTA tax and emissions.
Same here in Ravensdale.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:07 AM
00Midnight
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Phil:

That is one reason my "home" address is in Chelan County. ;-)
Old 07-01-2017, 09:53 PM
lectroglide
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hate to burst your bubble but the biggest mistake youll ever make is coming to the "already over-populated infested traffic chocked SEAFRISCO The money hungry develop tyrants have destroyed downtown seattle and are starting to move south just like a cancer, yes its that terrible and getting worse as many are finding out.

Traffic nitemares start are 5AM if not earlier and last till 8 PM if not later, seems like everybodys unemployed and on the stinkin roads and gets worse every time ya turn around! Ive honestly never seen it this bad! Ever since goodole Mr gates and his cronies infested the area has turned to $hit not too mention turning the area into A PLAYGROUND FOR THE RICH
making living spaces out of reach for many.......no wonder thiers so many homeless.

So maybe goodole mr gates and his millionaire buddys can start forking out some $$$$$$$$$$ to put all the folks they've managed to displace in decent living quarters cuzz theyve seemed to send millions to foriegn countries but neglected taking care of the home front

welp, better stop before I really get pissed
Attached Images  

Last edited by lectroglide; 07-12-2017 at 01:22 AM.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:16 PM
lectroglide
Pro

Originally Posted by 00Midnight
Phil:

That is one reason my "home" address is in Chelan County. ;-)
SMART MOVE!!! Lived in north seattle for 14 yrs and seen trouble coming so migrated further south , so now like a cancer the trouble has spread to this area so time to move on!!

BTW was over in the Wenatchee area last yr and noticed growth/infest going on, surprised it hasn't hit chelan !! Knock on wood

Last edited by lectroglide; 07-01-2017 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:29 AM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Originally Posted by lectroglide
Hate to burst your bubble but the biggest mistake youll ever make is coming to the "already over-populated-play ground for the rich, traffic chocked SEAFRISCO The money hungry develop tyrants have destroyed downtown seattle and are starting to move south just like a cancer, yes its that terrible and getting worse as many are finding out.

Traffic nitemares start are 5AM if not earlier and last till 8 PM if not later, seems like everybodys unemployed and on the stinkin roads!!!! and gets worse every time ya turn around! Ive honestly never seen it this bad! I could tell you how all this started but no one wants to hear the truth
Ruth Fischer was so proud of her convention center that would ensure I5 would never be widened. A true road hating libtard. That had a lot to do with it.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:31 AM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

But it would make a great target for a terrorist. Just stop a truck loaded with explosives and push the button.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:24 AM
lectroglide
Pro

Originally Posted by duramaxsky
But it would make a great target for a terrorist. Just stop a truck loaded with explosives and push the button.
Very possible someone could pull a "Mcvey and close I-5 indefinitely either that or the I-90 tunnel, draw bridges etc............... best thing Ive ever is done is move away from that infested rat trap disaster waiting to happen

Last edited by lectroglide; 07-02-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:48 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
Not really,Mike.Tell us, what's it like?

We left King County last year. What I would have paid in car tabs paid for my move

I'd like to take a moment to congratulate our great governor. Thanks for raising everyone's property taxes 47 percent.

And the Mayor. He is going to double down with his proposal to tax the rich.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:35 PM
lectroglide
Pro

don't know the name of the stinkin mayor and could care less , all I know is the damage hes allowed to happen in downtown seattle and the A$$ kissin developers hes let ruin the city with those stinkin cement coffins they call condos pretty sure all those criminals sleep in the same bed
Old 07-03-2017, 12:14 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Hate to burst your bubble but the biggest mistake youll ever make is coming to the "already over-populated-play ground for the rich, traffic chocked SEAFRISCO The money hungry develop tyrants have destroyed downtown seattle and are starting to move south just like a cancer, yes its that terrible and getting worse as many are finding out.

Traffic nitemares start are 5AM if not earlier and last till 8 PM if not later, seems like everybodys unemployed and on the stinkin roads!!!! and gets worse every time ya turn around! Ive honestly never seen it this bad! I could tell you how all this started but no one wants to hear the truth
SMART MOVE!!! Lived in north seattle for 14 yrs and seen trouble coming so migrated further south , so now like a cancer the trouble has spread to this area so time to move on!!

BTW was over in the Wenatchee area last yr and noticed growth/infest going on, surprised it hasn't hit chelan !! Knock on wood
Where the hell do you expect people to live? With increasing population, growth has to spread somewhere. Damned the condos in Seattle, damned the population spread away from the cities. WTF do you expect?
Old 07-03-2017, 01:24 PM
lectroglide
Pro

Let the infest keep coming like a herd of ants piling up on a mound of sugar, that areas doomed anyway just a matter of time.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:33 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Let the infest keep coming like a herd of ants piling up on a mound of sugar, that areas doomed anyway just a matter of time.
^^^
Who are you supposed to be and what exactly are you referring to? Infests, ants, sugar, WTH? And it's a colony of ants, not a herd.

Last edited by ExRedRacer; 07-03-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:39 PM
lectroglide
Pro

that sir was in reference to your comment
Old 07-03-2017, 06:25 PM
lectroglide
Pro

We left King County last year. What I would have paid in car tabs paid for my move

I'd like to take a moment to congratulate our great governor. Thanks for raising everyone's property taxes 47 percent.

And the Mayor. He is going to double down with his proposal to tax the rich.
King county is the worst and the cancer is moving south!!!! eversince that stinkin MS and their millionaire cronies invaded the area has turned to $hit!!! stay out of seattle by all means, its goin downhill real fast!!!!!!!

Last edited by lectroglide; 07-03-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:47 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

King county is the worst and the cancer is moving south!!!! eversince that stinkin MS and their millionaire cronies invaded the area has turned to $hit!!! stay out of seattle by all means, its goin downhill real fast!!!!!!!
A bit reactive, Mike, but certainly better than trying to blow up the place.

May I suggest that a forum such as this may not be the optimal venue for venting over things like politics or just plain whining. Though it is a forum, isn;t it? About Corvettes as I recall.

I, for one, do not like the current state administration or many of their proposals. But we (some of us anyway) vote and 'we" elected them. There is a process for changing this, but it seems that for whatever reason, many would rather bitch and moan rather than become politically active. Okay, so i'm one that fits that bill, but I accept the consequences.

Of course, property values have increased and if they get too much to bear, I move. Besides my $89K home is approaching >10 times what I paid for it.

I guess my point is, that if your employer or your family creates the probability of a move, then weigh your options. There are a great many resources on the internet to help with that decision. I do recognize that a closely-knit forum such as this does invite some personal advice and that's okay, but we live within a systems environment. We have choices.

Are you relocating here because you choose to to so, or because your employer wants you to? If the latter depending on your situation, I'd question if you were first choice.

It's a wonderful place to live, but there's a price associated with it.

There's always Fargo or Casper....

Get notified of new replies

To Moving to Seattle Area

Old 07-03-2017, 10:11 PM
lectroglide
Pro

A bit reactive, Mike, but certainly better than trying to blow up the place.

May I suggest that a forum such as this may not be the optimal venue for venting over things like politics or just plain whining. Though it is a forum, isn;t it? About Corvettes as I recall.

I, for one, do not like the current state administration or many of their proposals. But we (some of us anyway) vote and 'we" elected them. There is a process for changing this, but it seems that for whatever reason, many would rather bitch and moan rather than become politically active. Okay, so i'm one that fits that bill, but I accept the consequences.

Of course, property values have increased and if they get too much to bear, I move. Besides my $89K home is approaching >10 times what I paid for it.

I guess my point is, that if your employer or your family creates the probability of a move, then weigh your options. There are a great many resources on the internet to help with that decision. I do recognize that a closely-knit forum such as this does invite some personal advice and that's okay, but we live within a systems environment. We have choices.

Are you relocating here because you choose to to so, or because your employer wants you to? If the latter depending on your situation, I'd question if you were first choice.

It's a wonderful place to live, but there's a price associated with it.

There's always Fargo or Casper....
you must volunteer at the hydro museum in kent? have always wanted to check that out
Old 07-03-2017, 11:05 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

you must volunteer at the hydro museum in kent? have always wanted to check that out
It would be my honor to give you the kitchen tour. I might even show you the cabinet in the engine shop where I hide the stuff that makes me so irritable sometimes.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:31 AM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I might even show you the cabinet in the engine shop where I hide the stuff that makes me so irritable sometimes.
Might those be the empty scotch bottles you keep thinking have a dram or two left in them?

Quick Reply: Moving to Seattle Area