Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

NCM MiM Event: “Northwest Passage” Seattle Area 7/26-7/30

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 05:10 PM
kawils2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default NCM MiM Event: “Northwest Passage” Seattle Area 7/26-7/30

For those of you who might be interested:
The National Corvette Museum (NCM) Museum in Motion (MiM) will be here in the Seattle Area July 26 @ 3:00 pm – July 30 @ 11:00 am for “Northwest Passage”, an adventure filled with activities and sights, starting with a 3 days / 4 night stay at a the 5-star Cedarbrook Lodge resort in SeaTac.

You can be a part of this experience (I’m signed up!) with your Corvette for a beautiful drive up to Mount Rainier (Lunch at Paradise Inn), a visit to both of the ever popular Lemay (automotive) Museums, a full day in Seattle (bus trip) including the Air & Space Museum; Seattle Center (home of the Space Needle) as well as the popular Pike Place Market. By joining MiM “Northwest Passage” you see some of those local spectacular sights you’ve always wanted to see, but never quite got around to.

This is a deluxe package from beginning to end and as with all MiM Tours, space is limited so make sure you sign on as soon as possible. Advance registration closes at 5pm CT Tuesday, June 15th, 2017. No registration is available after that date. Spaces are currently still available.

Registration Fees for this Deluxe Tour are:
NCM Members – Primary Registrant (driver and car) $1850 / alternate driver $300
NCM Non-Members – Primary Registrant (driver and car) $1890 / alternate driver $340
Your registration fee covers:
- All admissions, tours, all breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- 4-night stay at Cedarbrook Lodge ($1356 Average Retail Value)
- Souvenir Custom Event hardcard credential and lanyard
- 1 year discounted membership to NCM upon completion of tour

More information is available at the NCM website: http://www.corvettemuseum.org/explore/events/
Old 06-01-2017, 05:36 PM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

I contacted the NCM to see if there was any provision for local people to attend without staying at the Cedarbrook Lodge, which is a few minutes from the airport. The answer was NO. Do it all or do none of it.
Not wishing to spend $ 2000 on 4 days of doing things with other Corvette owners I will not be attending.
The following users liked this post:
itaylorm (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 08:16 PM
itaylorm
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Thanks for asking, I feel the same way

Originally Posted by Kmcoldcars
I contacted the NCM to see if there was any provision for local people to attend without staying at the Cedarbrook Lodge, which is a few minutes from the airport. The answer was NO. Do it all or do none of it.
Not wishing to spend $ 2000 on 4 days of doing things with other Corvette owners I will not be attending.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:34 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

It is a little unfortunate as we have a very active local corvette community around here. But to stay 4 days in SeaTac is no resort.

If it's so limited it would have been better to have it at someplace along the north cascade route that actually is a resort.

I would be the last one to throw a damper on a corvette event .. but this seems like it's set up for out of towners. If you look at the national parks tour in September it looks like a great thing to drive to and then do the tour!
itaylorm (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 10:48 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

DeLuxe package at a Sea-Tac hotel?

Really too bad they don't invite locals to join them on cruises and museum tours and whatnot.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:49 PM
itaylorm
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Yeah I thought about that too
Originally Posted by ExRedRacer

Really too bad they don't invite locals to join them on cruises and museum tours and whatnot.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:59 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by ExRedRacer

Joe, quit complaining. Second prize was two deluxe packages at a Sea-Tac hotel.

Wonder if that includes the "Green River Killer Tour" or a visit to Sammamish State Park to see where Ted Bundy got his start. (okay, I'm sorry, just venting a little - after all I'm only mentioning this on the NW forum)

It seems a shame that for whatever reason they didn't coordinate with the local Corvette Clubs to help with hospitality and the like? Or did they?

Is this "moving" event mean that many people will be driving their Corvettes or does it infer airplanes and tour busses?

BTW, OP. just to clarify , The Museum of Flight at Boeing Field (not to mention the restoration center at Everett's Paine Field) is not the Air and Space Museum like the one in Washington D.C. Just sayin' Both are excellent museums, but different.

So, not to detract from what will probably turn out to be a successful event, but it's too bad those of us who share the passion of our Corvettes don't get the chance to share the passion we have for where we live.
itaylorm (06-03-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To NCM MiM Event: “Northwest Passage” Seattle Area 7/26-7/30

Quick Reply: NCM MiM Event: “Northwest Passage” Seattle Area 7/26-7/30