Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Photo shoot location recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 05:33 PM
koranke
Racer

Received 204 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Photo shoot location recommendations?

I'm in the Kent area. Looking to get some pictures but not sure about a good location south of Seattle. Anyone have any favorite spots between Seattle and Tacoma? Please include some sample photos if you have any. Thanks!
Old 06-25-2017, 01:05 AM
koranke
Racer

Well, ended up driving down to Tacoma to the shipyard area. There's lot's of potentially interesting locations but most of it is fenced off. At least there are some spots to park without a lot of other cars or people around and you get good light in the evening. I need to explore it a little bit more fully.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:20 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Find the Troll under the bridge in Seattle...it makes a cool shot, he's huge...
Old 06-27-2017, 06:51 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by JETninja
Find the Troll under the bridge in Seattle...it makes a cool shot, he's huge...
Not a bad idea, John. It's under the north end of he Aurora bridge and accessed by way of the Fremont district. That neighborhood in itself offers a couple more photo opportunities like the Rocket and the statue of Lenin, though both might be hard to set up the perfect shot owing to traffic.

There's some good backgrounds by way of Harbor Drive along Alki and above on Admiral Way and near the north end of California.

Along Ruston Way in Tacoma offers some possibilities, as does nearby Point Defiance.

Another to consider might be at the top of the hill in Somerset just off Factoria. Possibly at the nearby parking lot at the Golf Course in Newcastle.

Our "Own" Triple X in Issaquah would b a good place too IMO given that it's the last one still operating.The parking lot is mostly empty during the week.

Seems like there might be some sites near Snoqualmie falls since the lodge was so prominently featured in "Twin Peaks". Likewise the "T" cafe in North Bend or the old trains in Snoqualmie and a BBQ place in Snoqualmie with a nice mural on the wall of the adjacent building.

Seems to me there's a spot on the hill above the west end of the old Floating Bridge that makes for a nice backdrop. though I don't remember how to get there.

Fisherman's Wharf in Ballard.

Some views from Queen Anne Hill (postcard stuff)

Jimi Handrix's grave, if a bit macabre perhaps.

Just some ideas. The Troll is a must though, as you suggest. Lighting might be challenging, but hey...

Last edited by last901; 06-27-2017 at 06:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
koranke (06-28-2017)
Old 07-01-2017, 07:18 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Join us on the cruise to Mt. Rainier next Sunday the 9th and I'm sure you'll find plenty of great photo opportunities. I'm taking my Nikon instead of using just the camera phone this time...

There's a thread in here somewhere regarding next Sunday...
Old 07-01-2017, 10:39 PM
koranke
Racer

Yeah, I saw that thread and really wanted to go, but sadly I've got potential work to do that weekend. I'll try to join in on the next outing.

Get notified of new replies

To Photo shoot location recommendations?

Quick Reply: Photo shoot location recommendations?