Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

All Corvette Car Show at XXX Rootbeer Drive-In 8/26/2018

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 02:10 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by CamarosRus
bump

Trailered Restored Older Corvettes DESERVE respect and Premium Parking at NO EXTRA Charge

Its an HONOR to have the older vintage vettes show up

Anybody (myself included) can go and BUY a newer Vette
Really?

Old 07-19-2018, 02:43 PM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,682 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by last901
Really?
It has to be a joke?
Old 07-26-2018, 10:05 AM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

One month to go until this show - any "GTG Unclub" members going? I've got it on my calendar and plan on being there with my car. Maybe the weather will finally warm up for a full day of hanging around outside!
The following users liked this post:
kawils2 (08-13-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 12:42 PM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 600 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Last901, My above comment is my opinion.....NOT a Joke

Myself coming from a Camaro restoration background and judging at the Camaro Natl's and the MCACN Show (Chicago)
I have a lot of respect for those owners/builders/restorers of older trailered restored Corvettes that are true SHOW CARS vs owners like
myself that went out and just bought a late model C7, C6 and enter in a "Car Show"

Just my opinion shared on this public forum

Not HIDING behind the Internet with only a screen name

Chuck Sharin
Auburn, WA
253-263-5190
JRE-C6 (07-28-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 02:28 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by AaronZ51
One month to go until this show - any "GTG Unclub" members going? I've got it on my calendar and plan on being there with my car. Maybe the weather will finally warm up for a full day of hanging around outside!
Wouldn't miss it! Hopefully we can gather in our usual spot...and this time, I'll take a picture with everybody looking like they are awake. Oh hi, Phil!

Old 07-26-2018, 07:13 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by ExRedRacer
Wouldn't miss it! Hopefully we can gather in our usual spot...and this time, I'll take a picture with everybody looking like they are awake. Oh hi, Phil!

Good one Joe.

Gotta giver him a break it was getting close to 3pm ya know.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:19 PM
00Midnight
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

A long drive for me from Sammamish. Might have to leave at Oark Thirty. Seriously, maybe we can have an unclub meeting after at BBB (Big Block Brewing). They are only a couple miles away on East Lake Sammamish Parkway. Thoughts?

-Markm-
Old 07-26-2018, 07:55 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 00Midnight
A long drive for me from Sammamish. Might have to leave at Oark Thirty. Seriously, maybe we can have an unclub meeting after at BBB (Big Block Brewing). They are only a couple miles away on East Lake Sammamish Parkway. Thoughts?

-Markm-
Did somebody say food? I’m in.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:39 AM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

The show is fast approaching and we wanted to remind everyone that this year you can pre-register by completing the registration form and sending it in now.

A regular parking spot with pre-registration is just $20 or you can wait and pay $25 on the day of the show.

A link to the registration form along with all the show information is shown in the first posting in this thread.

Last edited by AmmoVet; 08-02-2018 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:13 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Last901, My above comment is my opinion.....NOT a Joke

Myself coming from a Camaro restoration background and judging at the Camaro Natl's and the MCACN Show (Chicago)
I have a lot of respect for those owners/builders/restorers of older trailered restored Corvettes that are true SHOW CARS vs owners like
myself that went out and just bought a late model C7, C6 and enter in a "Car Show"

Just my opinion shared on this public forum

Not HIDING behind the Internet with only a screen name

Chuck Sharin
Auburn, WA
253-263-5190
No offense meant, Chuck. Just wasn't sure if you were serious or just having a little "jab" at the show organizers. Sometimes, some of us don't fully understand nor appreciate the, ah, passion, some have for their cars. I would think that level of interest and enthusiasm would take away some of the fun and enjoyment of ownership. But you're certainly not alone, I'm sure. Maybe I'm just lazy.....
Old 08-05-2018, 01:13 AM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

Go ahead and offend me...........if you feel the need..............
I'm an ole fxxk with a mediocre personality and poor social skills. (Can I use Viet Nam Vet as an excuse...didnt think so!!!)

Not intentionally trying to jab the show organizers....just trying to make my point that I want/wish more C1/C2/C3 Vettes were
in attendance and that they should be given special up front parking due to their age and trailer queen status...

I'm a "nobody" in the Vette world (nor anywhere else for that matter) who recently bought a 2012 Grand Sport "driver"
I dont think the XXX should be a Corvette "SHOW" that is primarily C6 & C7 Vettes .....Just my opinion.......
I want more trailer queen old school classics like I see at the Chicago MCACN show in November.........
And the organizers should have/could have done "more" to encourage participation from these older model
owners

Over and out
Old 08-05-2018, 04:45 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Go ahead and offend me...........if you feel the need..............
I'm an ole fxxk with a mediocre personality and poor social skills. (Can I use Viet Nam Vet as an excuse...didnt think so!!!)

Not intentionally trying to jab the show organizers....just trying to make my point that I want/wish more C1/C2/C3 Vettes were
in attendance and that they should be given special up front parking due to their age and trailer queen status...

I'm a "nobody" in the Vette world (nor anywhere else for that matter) who recently bought a 2012 Grand Sport "driver"
I dont think the XXX should be a Corvette "SHOW" that is primarily C6 & C7 Vettes .....Just my opinion.......
I want more trailer queen old school classics like I see at the Chicago MCACN show in November.........
And the organizers should have/could have done "more" to encourage participation from these older model
ownersOver and out
Well, we're all entitled to our opinions. Here's mine:

As you no doubt know, the area from which the XXX Corvette Show draws its attendees is considerably smaller than that of the Chicago shows, hence the fewer number of the classic Vettes you deem worthy of taking part in a car show. Perhaps they already have as many of the older Corvettes participating as are in this area and not a lot more are to be found no matter how much encouraging is done. The word is out there and anybody interested is of course welcomed and encouraged to come.

The majority of us don't have the classic Vettes; instead we've purchased late-model cars and are every bit as proud of and happy with them as the owners of perfectly restored/maintained C1s or C2's. Plus, half the fun, for me at least, is getting to know people and establishing relationships that last years (Hello, Un-club!). So we bring them out and line 'em up alongside the classics and enjoy them all.

Here's a photo of my 2016 Vette next to a beautifully restored C2 at last year's gathering.

Anyways, it's great to own such fantastic cars with such a rich heritage, not to mention the style, performance and power these things have. Hope to meet you at the gathering in a few weeks, and... thanks for your service to our country!
AaronZ51 (08-05-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 12:10 AM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

ExRedRacer.....I enjoyed reading your post and agree with what youve written. I'm thinking some of the classic C1, C2,C3 owners wont participate in the XXX show
because of the close quatered venue, weather exposure etc......Just wishful thinking that a few more Classics would trailer down from Canada, Up from Oregon
and over the Hill from Eastern WA..........................but they dont and they wont and I'm asking WHY NOT!!!!!.....Past history of what issues, problems, not prestigious
enough.........too much hassle for too little return/reward..........

Oh well, .........I'll take my meds and go back to bed

See ya on the 26th................Inferno Orange 2012 Grand Sport

Chuck Sharin aka "Mr Congenality"

As you no doubt know, the area from which the XXX Corvette Show draws its attendees is considerably smaller than that of the Chicago shows, hence the fewer number of the classic Vettes you deem worthy of taking part in a car show. Perhaps they already have as many of the older Corvettes participating as are in this area and not a lot more are to be found no matter how much encouraging is done. The word is out there and anybody interested is of course welcomed and encouraged to come.

The majority of us don't have the classic Vettes; instead we've purchased late-model cars and are every bit as proud of and happy with them as the owners of perfectly restored/maintained C1s or C2's. Plus, half the fun, for me at least, is getting to know people and establishing relationships that last years (Hello, Un-club!). So we bring them out and line 'em up alongside the classics and enjoy them all.

Here's a photo of my 2016 Vette next to a beautifully restored C2 at last year's gathering.

Anyways, it's great to own such fantastic cars with such a rich heritage, not to mention the style, performance and power these things have. Hope to meet you at the gathering in a few weeks, and... thanks for your service to our country!
Old 08-13-2018, 11:43 PM
kawils2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Solid Axle Corvette Club will be there!

ExRedRacer.....I enjoyed reading your post and agree with what youve written. I'm thinking some of the classic C1, C2,C3 owners wont participate in the XXX show
because of the close quatered venue, weather exposure etc......Just wishful thinking that a few more Classics would trailer down from Canada, Up from Oregon
and over the Hill from Eastern WA..........................but they dont and they wont and I'm asking WHY NOT!!!!!.....Past history of what issues, problems, not prestigious
enough.........too much hassle for too little return/reward..........

Oh well, .........I'll take my meds and go back to bed

See ya on the 26th................Inferno Orange 2012 Grand Sport

Chuck Sharin aka "Mr Congenality"
There will be at least 8 of us there with our C-1's from the Solid Axle Corvette Club (SACC). Our motto is if you've got one drive it! We're just coming back from a 1500 mile drive down the coast from Seattle (and Vancouver CA) to Ventura, CA where we held our National Convention. In my experience we get quite a few C-1's and C-2's at the show, not very many C-3's.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:50 PM
kawils2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I see 4 classic Vettes in this photo (C-1's and C-2's). In my opinion we get a pretty good turn-out of the "classics". I have a '62 and will be there with it.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:58 AM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

You are right Ken, over the years the number of C1 & C2’ run around 20 - 30. Could we get more if we marketed just early models, maybe. But there are two things some folks forget;
  1. this is show is run by volunteers, normally a couple who then enlist their friends to help.
  2. this show raises money for charity so there is not a budget pre show for just marketing.
anyone with a vette is welcome to join our club if you reside in the greater Seattle area then you can volunteer your time and effort plus ideas on how to make this show better. Be apart of the fix rather than carping about “how it could’ve/ should’ve been.

see ya on the 26th.

Mike
Old 08-16-2018, 06:08 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Ammo
You are right Ken, over the years the number of C1 & C2’ run around 20 - 30. Could we get more if we marketed just early models, maybe. But there are two things some folks forget;
  1. this is show is run by volunteers, normally a couple who then enlist their friends to help.
  2. this show raises money for charity so there is not a budget pre show for just marketing.
anyone with a vette is welcome to join our club if you reside in the greater Seattle area then you can volunteer your time and effort plus ideas on how to make this show better. Be apart of the fix rather than carping about “how it could’ve/ should’ve been.

see ya on the 26th.

Mike
Nicely put, Mike. This is my favorite show of the season, even though I attend a great many others during the year at the XXX. Indeed, it's often the only show in which I bring out the C6 Aero Lightweight (one of 42, as you well know) Have you seen any other threads that last as long as the one re annual CMCS event? I admit, there are some things that I'd like to see revised a bit, but as a former organizer and judge of many and varied concours and shows over the years I think to change the format in the interest to make it "Better" is just asking for trouble. Sure, there might be some things that some people would like to take credit for, but, c'mon this ain't Pebble Beach, much less Bloomington Gold.

Just sayin'

Get notified of new replies

To All Corvette Car Show at XXX Rootbeer Drive-In 8/26/2018

Old 08-20-2018, 09:23 AM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Ttt
Old 08-21-2018, 12:17 PM
Beltfedbob
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well this sucks, rain scheduled for Sunday. Just in time to wash the mud out of the sky onto our cars. Hope the weather guessers are wrong :-(
Old 08-22-2018, 02:46 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Cloudy but NO rain.

Last edited by AmmoVet; 08-22-2018 at 02:47 PM.
kawils2 (08-25-2018)

Quick Reply: All Corvette Car Show at XXX Rootbeer Drive-In 8/26/2018