Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

2019 Pacific Northwest Corvette Caravan to Bowling Green

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 02:07 PM
kenthomas4
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Default 2019 Pacific Northwest Corvette Caravan to Bowling Green

Often referred to as the world’s largest moving automotive event, the National Corvette Caravan is a celebration of America’s Sports Car, culminating in Bowling Green, Kentucky for the anniversary celebration of the National Corvette Museum. Hosted only once every five years, the next event is slated for Labor Day Weekend 2019 and will mark the Museum’s 25th Anniversary.

My name is Ken and I have taken on the role of the 2019 Caravan Captain for the Pacific Northwest Caravan to Bowling Green. The route has been finalized with exiting stops along the way. If you have never participated in something like this, you are missing out! Where else can you travel across the country with hundreds of Corvettes? The caravan, that's where.

We will be leaving prearranged locations on the morning of August 22, 2019 in Issaquah, WA and Portland, OR meet up for lunch in Richland and begin our travels across I90 and down to Bowling Green for a three day event in Bowling Green August 28-31, and then departing for home on September 1, 2019.

If you would like more information or keep informed on progress, here are a few links below:
National Corvette Caravan page: http://www.corvettecaravan.com/
Pacific Northwest National Corvette Caravan page:http://www.corvettecaravan.com/northwest/
Pacific Northwest Corvette Caravan Facebook Group page:https://www.facebook.com/groups/1036145279804560/

Send me an email if you have any questions. 2019PNWCaptain@comcast.net
The following 2 users liked this post by kenthomas4:
corvettemuseum (08-27-2018), Norskie (02-15-2019)
Old 02-19-2018, 02:40 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

I've got it on my calendar and am looking forward to it, Ken. Thanks for volunteering to lead the charge! Any chance we can get clearance from he highway patrols along the route to drive "reasonable and prudent" speeds? Sure wish we had an Autobahn in the U.S. I'd pay for the use of that toll road!
Old 02-23-2018, 07:16 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by AaronZ51
Any chance we can get clearance from he highway patrols along the route to drive "reasonable and prudent" speeds?
Great question!
Old 02-24-2018, 10:15 AM
kenthomas4
Pro

Originally Posted by AaronZ51
I've got it on my calendar and am looking forward to it, Ken. Thanks for volunteering to lead the charge! Any chance we can get clearance from he highway patrols along the route to drive "reasonable and prudent" speeds? Sure wish we had an Autobahn in the U.S. I'd pay for the use of that toll road!
I am not sure how I would go about doing that but that would be fun.

In 2014 we were going through Wyoming where the speed limit is 80. A couple of Vettes were stopped for doing 85. They were pretty strict. We will have a chance to do some hot laps in Wisconsin Dells and the NCM track so that might "wet your whistle."
Old 03-29-2018, 07:35 PM
spllbnd2
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As a first time Corvette owner, I am looking forward to this caravan. And when I asked the boss what she thought about this trek her response was, "Why wouldn't we go?". She always loves a good road trip.

Cheers,
Alex
The following users liked this post:
corvettemuseum (08-27-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 10:05 AM
kenthomas4
Pro

Originally Posted by spllbnd2
As a first time Corvette owner, I am looking forward to this caravan. And when I asked the boss what she thought about this trek her response was, "Why wouldn't we go?". She always loves a good road trip.

Cheers,
Alex
Great news. Make sure you sign up for email and Facebook notifications to be kept up to date on the latest status.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:16 AM
spllbnd2
Advanced

Originally Posted by kenthomas4

Great news. Make sure you sign up for email and Facebook notifications to be kept up to date on the latest status.
I have tried to sign up for the newsletter, but I am not sure if it took as I do not receive any confirmation of any sort when I click the subscribe button. Should I be receiving a notification when I sign up?

I was able to sign up for Facebook notifications.

Cheers,
Alex
Old 03-31-2018, 09:39 AM
kenthomas4
Pro

At this time the newsletter is not active.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:48 AM
spllbnd2
Advanced

Originally Posted by kenthomas4
At this time the newsletter is not active.
Thank you for the information. That would be why I was unable to sign up for the newsletters.

Cheers,
Alex
Old 04-15-2018, 08:42 PM
amdoverclocker
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Following!

Last edited by amdoverclocker; 04-15-2018 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:40 AM
Blackfuriesfan Hawthorne
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excited to make it!

I hope to make this! Dark Red Devil needs a good stretch across the Country ^_*
-TIM
Seattle-
Old 06-05-2018, 08:11 PM
kenthomas4
Pro

Hey everyone, I wanted to let you know the registration will open up in September 2018. Once it does, I urge you to go in and register so you can book your rooms as early as possible. I have 150 rooms in each night stop and it feels like I may have to find 50 to 100 more!
Old 06-19-2018, 09:57 AM
kenthomas4
Pro

Hi everyone, I'd like to announce John Elegant as the Co-Captain for the 2019 PNW Caravan. John and his wife Annie will be leading the group out of Sandy, OR and meet with the Issaquah group in Richland on the first day. Thank you John!
Old 08-26-2018, 09:40 PM
kenthomas4
Pro

Registration has officially opened for the caravan!

Its official, registration is now open for the Pacific Northwest (PNW) and North Central Corvette Caravans! Before you register, please familiarize yourself with the process below. Because we will be meeting up with the North Central Caravan in Wisconsin Dells, you will need to register for that caravan as well as the PNW Caravan. The cost for the North Central Caravan includes two lunches and one dinner.

When you go to the registration page, there will be 5 sections you need to fill out.
  • Section 1 - 2019 PNW Caravan Personal Information
  • Section 2 - Selection & Payment Process to register for the PNW Caravan
  • Section 3 - Selection and Payment Process to register for the North Central Caravan
  • Section 4 - Hotel Reservations at Chula Vista Resort
  • Section 5 - Hotel Registration at Effingham. In this section you will enter your credit card information to hold your Effingham hotel room.
When all sections of the form are complete, you will be directed to a PayPal Page for payment; you can pay by PayPal or credit card. Once payment has been received, you will be sent an email with a link to the list of hotel rooms reserved for the PNW Caravan.
Each nightly stop is listed by date with hotel information including phone number, address, and pricing. When you call, be sure to mention our “Group name” identified to ensure you get the best rate. You will be required to provide a credit card to the hotel to hold the room. Please do not share this hotel information with those not registered as we have a limited number of rooms reserved.

The website for registering is https://2019pnwcaravan.com/ Once on the page, go to the registration link at the top. The registration page has directions with a link that will take you to the registration process. You can also find PNW and NCM merchandise for purchase on the main page. At this time, shirts are in work and should be available within 2-4 weeks.

As well, when the National Corvette Museum opens its registration, you will need to register there. NCM registration allows you to register for some of the daily activities including day drives, plant tours, and seminars. I would suggest you do not wait because these events fill up fast! When registration opens with the NCM, I will let everyone know via email and Facebook.

We have done our best to test the system but as any electronic process, things may happen. Please let me know if you have any questions or issues during registration and I will work with you individually to complete the process.Thank you and I look forward to the driving with all of you to Bowling Green!
Ken Thomas
2019 PNW Captain
2019pnwcaptain@comcast.net
Old 08-27-2018, 11:02 AM
corvettemuseum
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 320 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by spllbnd2
I have tried to sign up for the newsletter, but I am not sure if it took as I do not receive any confirmation of any sort when I click the subscribe button. Should I be receiving a notification when I sign up?

I was able to sign up for Facebook notifications.

Cheers,
Alex
If you don't already receive emails from us you can opt-in at corvettemuseum.org/subscribe. We do a weekly "eNews" and then we will start doing Caravan/25th Anniversary emails too!
Old 09-02-2018, 06:55 PM
DRTBYK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

On the calendar, registered and reservations made! Looking forward to the drive back to the NCM.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:46 PM
Chilliwack vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Looking forward to it!
2014 caravan

Last edited by Chilliwack vettes; 10-19-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 2019 Pacific Northwest Corvette Caravan to Bowling Green

Old 12-25-2018, 01:32 PM
kenthomas4
Pro

Can you believe it’s 8 months until we depart Issaquah and Sandy on the caravan? The time has flown!To date, there are over 200 cars registered with 80% of the rooms under contract booked! I am still working on events along the way but this caravan is coming together nicely.

Here is our finalized route:

If you are not yet signed up for the caravan or would like to purchase merchandise, please check out the 2019 PNW Caravan store @ https://2019pnwcaravan.com/. Here you can register for the caravan as well as purchase merchandise; shirts and coats are in work and should be available in January.

One final note; participants must also sign up with the NCM as well to ensure you get your lanyard that will gain you access to several events at the museum. If you are already registered, check back on the NCM website as they have not yet announced factory tours or day drives. Here is the link: https://www.corvettecaravan.com/ If you have any questions or would like to sponsor the caravan, please go to the sponsorship section of the 2019 PNW Caravan webpage or contact me directly.

Thank you.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:42 PM
boltvette
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Several of us from the Corvette Owners Club of San Diego are making the trek. We're taking the "Racers Detour", which is a combination of a couple of the planned caravan routes. Along the way, we're stopping at Motorsports Park Hastings (NE) for a morning track day. Pacific Northwest caravan attendees would have to head to Hastings after the overnight stay in Rapid City. We're rejoining the PN caravan (and several others) in Effingham, IL. The "Detour" also includes parade laps at Iowa Speedway and a stop at Baker's Candies for a chocolate fix.

The cost for the track time (three 20-minute sessions) plus lunch is just $100. We'll have two or three small run groups. You can register here: MPH Track Day registration

If anyone is interested in getting more details, please contact me. We need to have at least 30 registered by mid-March for the track day to happen!

Craig
Old 07-09-2019, 03:38 PM
kenthomas4
Pro

Update for the caravan....

1. Registration closes July 11th. I still have rooms available for most stops along the way. If you want to register, better hurry!
2. We have 230 cars registered so far from the Northwest, Alaska, California, Utah, Texas, Nevada and even Australia!

Don't miss out!

Quick Reply: 2019 Pacific Northwest Corvette Caravan to Bowling Green