Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

off-topic: Hydroplane in a Pool

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 06:55 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Default off-topic: Hydroplane in a Pool

Some of you may have noticed the recent commercial from T-Mobile with the restored Pay n' Pak hydroplane in a swimming pool.

Here's the story

http://thunderboats.ning.com/profile...-pak-in-a-pool

The ol' Gal is back home if any of you would like to come down and have a look. The '74 Squire Shop restoration is well underway and we've started to work on some bits n' pieces on the Miss Madison, the 1971 Gold Cup winner and subject of the movie, "Madison", starring local resident actor, Jim Kaviezel

Let me know and I'll give you the "cooks' tour" of the Place. I think we may have more fully running vintage boats than the modern H-1 Turbine series.

Just wanted to show off a little. Thanks for indulging me.

Last edited by last901; 04-02-2018 at 06:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Black 03 Z06 (04-02-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 07:22 PM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

They are simply amazing race boats. I have only seen them run once at Barrie, Ontario. A couple of piston powered hulls running, Miss Budwiser was still running hard, so it is a while ago.

Love to see some more pictures of what you folks are up to. Very cool.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:17 AM
seattle
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

That is a cool commercial. Unfortunately there wasn’t a close up of you driving it.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:39 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by seattle
That is a cool commercial. Unfortunately there wasn’t a close up of you driving it.
How do you know, Bruno, that it wasn't me in that pool? Actually the next time I get offered another opportunity to get into one of these things I hope it is in a pool. These things are - well, violent.

Besides, would you want to go over 150 MPH on water in something that was not meant to go around corners, and that you helped build out of old aircraft parts and plywood?

I just stay in the back shop with a couple of wrenches and some sandpaper and try to look inconspicuous.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:58 AM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Years ago my ex-wife and I were traveling down I-5 on our touring motorcycles and overnighted in a campground off the interstate in southern Oregon. We walked to a near by small pub for a brew and dinner and parked out front was the Budweiser racing team. Two hydro's on custom trailers heading south to AZ for the first race of that season. Spent some time talking with the crew and got a tour of the boats, trailer and really enjoyed seeing inside the support semi truck towing the fancy trailer and hydros.

Get notified of new replies

To off-topic: Hydroplane in a Pool

Quick Reply: off-topic: Hydroplane in a Pool