Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Magnetic Ride Control Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 07:43 PM
koranke
Racer

Received 204 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Magnetic Ride Control Upgrade

Has anyone in the Seattle area, especially South Seattle area, had the magnetic ride control upgrade done for your C7? Which dealer did you use and how did it go? I've got a 2017 C7 and would prefer to take it to a dealer that knows what it is. I contacted Auburn Chevrolet and they had no idea what I was talking about.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:31 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

I'd check with Jet Chevrolet in Federal Way - and based on my previous experiences, stay away from Auburn Chevrolet...

I've heard great things about the upgrade - I'd already upgraded my controller to the DSC and am very pleased with it.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:01 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by koranke
I contacted Auburn Chevrolet and they had no idea what I was talking about.
This begs the question of how in the world can a Chevrolet service department not know about this? Don't they all have Service Bulletins informing them of new procedures outlined by GM? Maybe they were just too lazy or the regular service writer was on vacation and the position was being filled by a temp worker?
Old 05-10-2018, 06:24 PM
koranke
Racer

Yeah, doesn't inspire confidence. But if nobody is having these done, not surprising.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:46 PM
koranke
Racer

FYI. I ended up having the upgrade done at Auburn Chevrolet. It took a little for them to understand that the upgrade was available, but they finally called the GM tech line and got the details. Upgrade was successfully installed. If you take your Vette there, fastest thing may be to just ask them to directly call the tech line for details.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:15 PM
Ericm1949
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Auburn area Chev. dealers

Originally Posted by koranke
Has anyone in the Seattle area, especially South Seattle area, had the magnetic ride control upgrade done for your C7? Which dealer did you use and how did it go? I've got a 2017 C7 and would prefer to take it to a dealer that knows what it is. I contacted Auburn Chevrolet and they had no idea what I was talking about.
I haven't been impressed with Auburn Chevrolet although I live nearby & they would be handy to use. I have had my '16 C7 serviced at Art Gamblin in Enumclaw & have been satisfied with their work. I will bring it there for the MRC upgrade too. Next week I take the 427 Convertable in for some engine work, I think they will do well there too. I'll let ya know.

Get notified of new replies

To Magnetic Ride Control Upgrade

Quick Reply: Magnetic Ride Control Upgrade