Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

2014 Z51 Corvette Stingray Coupe with lots of extras!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 07:31 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Default 2014 Z51 Corvette Stingray Coupe with lots of extras!

• Z51 Performance Package
  • 51,500 miles
  • 1 owner
  • 2LT interior trim with auto dimming internal and external mirrors, heated/ventilated 8 way power seats, tilt wheel, HUD and more)
  • Tinted windows and hatch (35%, Oregon legal)
  • Color matching (blue) stitching
  • Beautiful Laguna Blue Tint coat paint
  • Navigation Infotainment center with 10 speaker stereo system (subwoofer too). USB ports and SD Card to play your favorite tunes (MP3). Bluetooth connectivity. ONSTAR and XM/Sirius Satellite
  • 7 speed manual transmission
  • Elite Engineering oil catch can
  • Matching blue fuel rail covers
  • Custom Stingray hood liner
  • Red powder coated calipers
  • Magnetic Selective Ride Control
  • Upgraded machine-faced Z51 alloy wheels
  • Michelin Pilot Sport 2 A/S tires
  • NPP dual mode performance exhaust
  • Transparent roof panel
  • Clear bra (Xpel Ultimate) self-healing covering most of car ( entire front - all areas in front of doors , mirror fronts, rockers, lower doors, quarter panels, spoiler leading edge, door trailing edges)
  • Black Stinger stripe on hood
  • ACS sideskirts (painted Carbon Flash)
  • Full service records included
  • GMPP Platinum Extended Warranty
  • $37,775

More pictures available on request
PM if interested

Last edited by KenHorse; 08-05-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:51 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Was able to get some decent pics of interior and all around vehicle

http://www.ah6le.net/index.php/my-photos/c7forsale
Old 08-07-2018, 02:57 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Someone is getting a really good deal. Best of luck with the sale Ken.

Also having seen the car in person a few years ago, I can vouch for the excellent condition of it.

Last edited by four0nefive; 08-07-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:35 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

It's a steal at the asking price!

Last edited by KenHorse; 08-09-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:22 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

SOLD!!! (pending full funds)
Old 08-21-2018, 09:47 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Funds cleared... now the long wait for the replacement starts!
Old 08-23-2018, 04:39 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Seems like a great buy for someone, assuming the car is as good as it looks. No reason to think it isn't.

The "discouraging" issue to me is not the car itself, but the realization of how quickly Corvettes seem to depreciate. 50K miles notwithstanding.

I have- or was - considering a new C7 for some time. Then I found out what my 33K mile C6 coupe was "worth". I guess there are a great many cars that depreciate to a greater extent, But the difference between my C6 and a new C7 was far beyond my marginal propensity to consume. Yikes. It would appear if I was trading in my C6 for, say, a new C7. In a very few years the combined depreciation between the two cars would have been more than what I paid for my house.

Now, please understand I am not being critical. The market is what the market does. At the risk of setting myself up here, let me set the stage by saying after owning a number of other "enthusiast" cars over the last 50 or so years I have never seen depreciation like this. I have never lost this kind of money on my Porsches, Alfas and even a BMW. (please don't tell me to go buy another one of those marques, I know I know..) If I wanted one I'd have bought another one, but that's not the issue here. I love my Corvette - my second BTW since 1966.

I guess my point is that I really love my Corvette, but the chances of buying another new one are well beyond my means.

Seems to me that the current "entry level" Corvette might be a nice used one, like this...

Am I the only one on the forum who feels that way?

No argument intended, just my personal story of my first brand new Corvette and the likliehood of buying another.

It is what it is, I guess.

Just sayin

Last edited by last901; 08-23-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:28 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by last901
Seems like a great buy for someone, assuming the car is as good as it looks. No reason to think it isn't.

The "discouraging" issue to me is not the car itself, but the realization of how quickly Corvettes seem to depreciate. 50K miles notwithstanding.

I have- or was - considering a new C7 for some time. Then I found out what my 33K mile C6 coupe was "worth". I guess there are a great many cars that depreciate to a greater extent, But the difference between my C6 and a new C7 was far beyond my marginal propensity to consume. Yikes. It would appear if I was trading in my C6 for, say, a new C7. In a very few years the combined depreciation between the two cars would have been more than what I paid for my house.

Now, please understand I am not being critical. The market is what the market does. At the risk of setting myself up here, let me set the stage by saying after owning a number of other "enthusiast" cars over the last 50 or so years I have never seen depreciation like this. I have never lost this kind of money on my Porsches, Alfas and even a BMW. (please don't tell me to go buy another one of those marques, I know I know..) If I wanted one I'd have bought another one, but that's not the issue here. I love my Corvette - my second BTW since 1966.

I guess my point is that I really love my Corvette, but the chances of buying another new one are well beyond my means.

Seems to me that the current "entry level" Corvette might be a nice used one, like this...

Am I the only one on the forum who feels that way?

No argument intended, just my personal story of my first brand new Corvette and the likliehood of buying another.

It is what it is, I guess.

Just sayin
I can see your point but I'm not one to buy a car as an investment

Part of my decision to buy a new GS is based on the fact that I paid $3K off MSRP when I bought my 2014 and I'm getting 13% off the new Grand Sport. This puts the price of the new 2019 within $1,200 of what I paid for my 2014. All things considered, life is too short
Old 08-23-2018, 05:57 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
I can see your point but I'm not one to buy a car as an investment

Part of my decision to buy a new GS is based on the fact that I paid $3K off MSRP when I bought my 2014 and I'm getting 13% off the new Grand Sport. This puts the price of the new 2019 within $1,200 of what I paid for my 2014. All things considered, life is too short
Good point. Yes, you're right: few cars should ever be thought of as investments. If you have the means, go for it. Sounds like there are some great discounts out there. (which, arguably, further affects the resale value eventually) You may also be dealing with what I call "perceived value". That's a whole different discussion, but relevant.

Perhaps being a retired old fogey, on a fixed income, may influence my point of view. I can't rationalize accepting a higher price (read monthly payment) with the assurance I'm likely to get a raise or a bonus in 6 months.

But, yes, if you want the Corvette, are in a position to afford it then, by all means, go for it.

Makes sense to me

Get notified of new replies

To 2014 Z51 Corvette Stingray Coupe with lots of extras!

Quick Reply: 2014 Z51 Corvette Stingray Coupe with lots of extras!