Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Good place to get heads installed, C6Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 02:29 PM
SivaSuryaKshatriya
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Good place to get heads installed, C6Z

Just picked up a '09 Z06 with 6.7k miles on the clock. I'm about to order a set of AHP heads to get the head/valve issue addressed ASAP before I drive the car further. I'm located in Seattle; can anyone recommend a shop that's preferably nearby? I am willing to drive out if necessary though all the way up to Vancouver. Here's a list of the places I know of right now:

Corvettes of Auburn: they used to have good reviews on here, but it seems their quality is hit or miss as of late. Is that true? If that's the case I'd rather avoid them.

Brad's Custom Auto: reputable, but they're so busy they told me to call them in two months just to even start the process of setting up an appointment... I'd rather not wait that long.

Tom Wong: super reputable but when I tried calling him, his mailbox was full. He also doesn't respond to Facebook messages or emails.

Nutter Engines: they have a racing pedigree for sure and I believe they used to build race-car engines for some big names. They're located in Vancouver WA though, and I've also not heard any reviews of them.

Ideally I'd go with Tom Wong but since I can't get a hold of him I don't think that's gonna happen. Any places you guys would recommend?
Old 09-21-2018, 06:36 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Haven't used them in a few years but www.carbconn.com in Kirkland has always been a good choice for myself. They also have a dyno for tuning.
The following users liked this post:
SivaSuryaKshatriya (09-28-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 03:06 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

Josh at Corvettes of Auburn does a great job - I'd highly recommend him to install the heads and any other associated work you may need such as a tune. Tom Wong does very good work as well if you're willing to go to Vancouver for the work.

Aaron
The following users liked this post:
SivaSuryaKshatriya (09-28-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 04:02 PM
SivaSuryaKshatriya
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

I ended up going with Tommy Wong for now. Thanks for the responses!

Get notified of new replies

To Good place to get heads installed, C6Z

Quick Reply: Good place to get heads installed, C6Z