Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

PPF Installers / Brands in Seattle/Tacoma ??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 06:50 PM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 600 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
Default PPF Installers / Brands in Seattle/Tacoma ??????

Asking for suggestions on Quality INSTALLERS of PPF in
the Tacoma/Seattle/Bellevue area........

XPEL, 3M & SUNTEK all highly rated ?????
Old 04-26-2019, 07:46 PM
GarryL
Burning Brakes

Received 894 Likes on 309 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified

Give Mike McKinnon at Benchmark Auto Salon in Lynnwood a call. Mike and his wife Katie own the business and you can set up your appointment directly with Katie.

Benchmark Auto Salon in Lynnwood is the best! Mike McKinnon and his wife Katie own the business and Mike is very meticulous with his installations. He preps the paint surfaces perfectly first before installing the film and then takes what ever time necessary in order to "roll" all the possible edges to where it's very hard to even tell there is PPF applied. Here is their website and contact to talk about it and/or schedule. You won't be disappointed with Mike's work! He did the whole frond end of my Z06 Convertible and it's Very Difficult to even tell there is PPF on it. They offer a free loaner car as well.Phone Katie McKinnon @ (425) 835-0917 Her direct email is; katie@benchmarkautosalon.comAnd Here is their website https://www.benchmarkautosalon.com Tell them Garry from Wenatchee sent you! Cheers! -Garry

Last edited by GarryL; 04-26-2019 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:28 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

https://www.metropolitandetail.com/
Old 04-27-2019, 03:51 PM
jimijam
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 582 Posts

I've got Suntek on my SUV. I'm not sure there is a huge different between the top brands. Like anything else, it's all in the prep and install.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:00 AM
IPTV65
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I am having Suntek put on my 19 GS at Jay's Tint and Vinyl in Kirkland on Friday. My neighbor had his Tesla done there. They did a great job and they provided a good customer experience. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:05 PM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THE BEST PAINT PROTECTION FILMS: XPEL, LLUMAR/SUNTEK, 3M

Let’s start with the similarities between these films. These three films are similar in three key ways:

FIRST, ALL THREE OF THESE FILMS OFFER HIGH PERFORMANCE PROTECTION.

They all perform at a high level to protect your car’s paint from rock chips, chemical stains, small scratches, UV damage, and whatever else nature or the road throws at your car. None of them offers bullet-proof protection. No film or product ever will. But all three of them will do a very good job and are comparable in terms of the protection they offer. All of these films are about 6 mils thick not including the adhesive. And to top it off, all of them have “self-healing” properties, which means that small scratches in the film will disappear after the film is exposed to heat.

SECOND, ALL THREE OF THESE FILMS ARE CRYSTAL CLEAR AFTER A QUALITY INSTALLATION.

There’s not much point in getting a product that protects your paint if in the process it makes your paint look terrible. The benefit of all of these films is that they are invisible to the naked eye after a quality installation. And all of these films retain their transparency very well. Previous generations of films had problems with yellowing over time, especially after extended UV exposure. The yellowing effect was actually occurring in the adhesive under the films. Since then the industry has developed superior adhesives that do not yellow over time, which means that if you get one of these films you can be confident you will have a crystal clear finish that is not susceptible to premature discoloration.

THIRD, ALL THREE OF THESE FILMS ARE LONG-LASTING.

3M Scotchgard Pro is warrantied for 7 years after installation. XPEL Ultimate and LLumar Platinum/SunTek Ultra are warrantied for 10 years after installation. And all of these films have a reputation for maintaining a high level of performance over the life of their warranties. Of course, if you abuse the film or don’t maintain it well, it will deteriorate at a quicker pace. But on the other hand, if you do maintain the film well you may see it continue to perform well beyond the life of the warranty. All that to say, all of these films have longevity to them.

WHAT YOU NEED IN A PAINT PROTECTION FILM: XPEL, LLUMAR/SUNTEK, AND 3M ALL HAVE IT

Now before we get into the differences of these films, we should stop and say that those three items I mentioned above are really the most important factors in a Paint Protection Film. You want a film that is going to protect at a high level, that is not going to inhibit the appearance of the paint, and that is going to last for a long time. If you get a film that does all three of those things, you have a win-win-win. And as we’ve said, all three of these films do all three of those things very well; which is to say, you can be a happy customer with any of these choices.

Last edited by CamarosRus; 04-30-2019 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:33 AM
NSFW
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 136 Posts

I had my C5 done at Eastside Auto Salon
http://www.eastsideautosalon.com/

I think they use Xpel, but I'm not certain.

Probably not the cheapest option, but it came out perfect. They were also working on cars worth literally 10x what mine is, which seemed like a good endorsement.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:10 PM
ChriZ
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Bump for visibility
Old 08-23-2019, 10:00 PM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

I wound up having JM's Auto Salon (XPEL Dealer) 253-582-4923 on South Tacoma Way install XPEL on my Front Bumper, Splitter AND Mirrors
for significantly less $$$$$ than several King County Dealers wanted for ONLY The Bumper

Chuck S Auburn,WA

Last edited by CamarosRus; 08-23-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To PPF Installers / Brands in Seattle/Tacoma ??????

Quick Reply: PPF Installers / Brands in Seattle/Tacoma ??????