Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Gelcoat repair shop near San Mateo, CA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 03:58 PM
zerobelow
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gelcoat repair shop near San Mateo, CA?

Hi guys, I'm new here, and my car is not actually a Corvette, however it is a vintage fiberglass car. I've been hunting in the area for a bit for a shop to help me finish a stalled project, and I keep getting told to check with the Corvette folks. I've searched the forums to see if someone else had a similar question, but haven't gotten quite the right answer, as the recommendations have focused more on the paint or panel replacement. I need someone specializing in gelcoat and fiberglass.

I have a newly constructed kit car, a Mini Marcos, made out of a small shop in the UK. The place that fabricates the body shell applies gelcoat as part of the fiberglass moulding, doesn't finish off the seams/polish, so there are some lines that need sanding, a bit of filling, and fresh gelcoat. The car is not, and will not be painted, it is covered with a turquoise gelcoat. I have a jar of the pigmented gelcoat from the same batch as was used to mould the car, to finish out the seams as needed.

I'm looking for recommendations for a shop that does fiberglass fabrication and repair, and can get me a nice mirror finish on this gelcoat and properly patch, fill, and cover the seams. I was always intending to do the work myself, but my current workshop situation is just not working with the amount of prep I need to do on the car.

I'm willing to travel, though obviously local would be better and easier. I'm located in San Mateo, in the San Francisco bay area.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:34 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I know of someone in Simi Valley.

Let me know if that is too far for you to go.

DUB

Quick Reply: Gelcoat repair shop near San Mateo, CA?