Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Body Shop in Louisville, KY?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 09:35 AM
AngryJ
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Body Shop in Louisville, KY?

Someone ran into my C6 coupe a couple weeks ago, and now I'm looking for a trustworthy place to do the body work. I don't trust dealerships, but my bad experiences have been on the mechanical side - not paint/body work. I'm hoping you guys can recommend a couple reputable places to do the work in the Louisville, KY area.

It was a 5-10 mph side impact to the back left of the car. The damage is to the driver rear quarter panel and bumper cover. The quarter panel is cracked in multiple places and was quoted to be repaired. The bumper cover is sucked in at the bottom, and has an 1/8" gap all along the top where it pulled away from the quarter panels on both sides. I'm not confident the bumper shape and gaps can be fixed without being replaced, but insurance would not pay for it up front. Not only do I have to worry about getting an adequate repair, but now Carfax shows that it's been in an accident because some guy was looking at his phone while driving. I'm heartbroken.

Any help or recommendations you can offer is greatly appreciated. I can upload pictures if that helps. TIA

Quick Reply: Body Shop in Louisville, KY?