Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

The '69, blocking the Gel Coat, moving on to paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 10:19 AM
TWINRAY
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Default The '69, blocking the Gel Coat, moving on to paint

Well, I started this project in August 2008 and will finally finish this year, God willing. The GC went on in 2013 but my '67 project, which I finished last year, got in the way to me finalizing it. Next to spraying the GC, my next least favorite job is blocking it.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:26 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by TWINRAY
Well, I started this project in August 2008 and will finally finish this year, God willing. The GC went on in 2013 but my '67 project, which I finished last year, got in the way to me finalizing it. Next to spraying the GC, my next least favorite job is blocking it.
Turn that frown upside down. YEAH...I somewhat agree that blocking otu gelcoat is not that FUN....but it is better than blocking out VPA.

I just take a section and begin and before I know it...I got half of the car done. To me...when I am blocking out the gelcoat...I am actually FINALLY beginning to be able to get the surface as how I want it...and THAT is the thrilling part. And as you know...or hopefully come to appreciate.... the results when you get done are all worth it. Or at least for me it is worth it.

DUB

Quick Reply: The '69, blocking the Gel Coat, moving on to paint