Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Convertibles Air deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 09:21 AM
06Rawpower
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Convertibles Air deflectors

How many here use/have used an air deflector that connects to your convertible top cover behind your seats? Which type have you used? I've seen 2 different types, a mesh and an acrylic air deflector. Here's the acrylic air deflector. https://www.moderngenauto.com/C5-C6-...r_p_13398.html

Do/did you like them? Did they stop the backwash of air or cause more air turbulence? Do/did you think that it's worth it? My wife thinks it'll look terrible... Thanks for your inputs!
Old 02-20-2017, 11:05 AM
NightshiftHD
Drifting

Received 339 Likes on 255 Posts

I can't speak for Corvettes, but I have a WindRestrictor acrylic deflector on my Cadillac XLR-V, and can say it works very well when the roof is retracted. You need to have the side windows up in order to get maximum benefit from it. But with the side windows up, my wife and I can easily have a conversation on the highway cruising at 75.

I don't think I can post their website link, but here's just one example on a C6. Bill
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
06Rawpower (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 04:12 PM
06Rawpower
Instructor

Originally Posted by NightshiftHD
I can't speak for Corvettes, but I have a WindRestrictor acrylic deflector on my Cadillac XLR-V, and can say it works very well when the roof is retracted. You need to have the side windows up in order to get maximum benefit from it. But with the side windows up, my wife and I can easily have a conversation on the highway cruising at 75.

I don't think I can post their website link, but here's just one example on a C6. Bill
Thank you Bill My buddy has a mesh wind deflector for their convertible Mustang and says it works really well also.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:26 PM
NightshiftHD
Drifting

Received 339 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Rawpower
Thank you Bill My buddy has a mesh wind deflector for their convertible Mustang and says it works really well also.
Yes, the mesh one works also, but not sure if as good as acrylic. A friend of mine has a mesh one on his Mercedes SL and he says mine is a little quieter on my XLR-V. If you search the net looking for a comparison of the two types, you might find something more objective. Cheers, Bill
Old 02-20-2017, 06:24 PM
06Rawpower
Instructor

Originally Posted by NightshiftHD
Yes, the mesh one works also, but not sure if as good as acrylic. A friend of mine has a mesh one on his Mercedes SL and he says mine is a little quieter on my XLR-V. If you search the net looking for a comparison of the two types, you might find something more objective. Cheers, Bill
Yeah I was doing a search on the internet this afternoon, even Amazon lists several lol. I just can't believe the prices of these acrylic wind deflectors, $349.00+! I'd think $150-175.00 would be more like it. My wife says she will wear a hat at these prices. Yeah we'll see if that changes after making a road trip out SW and back. Thanks Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Convertibles Air deflectors

Quick Reply: Convertibles Air deflectors